Android Box

Found 10th Sep 2017
Looking to get myself an android box, don't know much about them, will just want kodi, iplayer, mobdro etc on it. Seen this one below, would this be any good? does anyone have any other suggestions please

amazon.co.uk/dp/…13/
Community Updates
Ask
39 Comments
In my experience you don't an all singing and dancing box to run those apps. I paid £28 for mine from gearbest it's the mini m8s ii and it's running perfectly . This will run what U want but if kodi buffers it doesn't necessarily mean the box but mostly it's the stream
Original Poster
richje10014 m ago

In my experience you don't an all singing and dancing box to run those …In my experience you don't an all singing and dancing box to run those apps. I paid £28 for mine from gearbest it's the mini m8s ii and it's running perfectly . This will run what U want but if kodi buffers it doesn't necessarily mean the box but mostly it's the stream

Right thanks for your help mate! I'll look at something more basic, would rather order something from UK if possible? Any good sites?
The usual eBay/Amazon look for min 2gb ram. Most ppl will say the processor chip needs to be xxxxxxxx but to be fair if ur only using it to stream kodi and mobdro you should be fine.
Found this deal on here box but some reviews on heir website says it's not 4k .
If u do buy from here or gearbest make sure u select uk plug and try to get postage from chine if given the option. Heard some have had to pay import tax . I'm going to get one of these for a friend of mine
Original Poster
richje10038 m ago

Found this deal on here box but some reviews on heir website says it's not …Found this deal on here box but some reviews on heir website says it's not 4k .If u do buy from here or gearbest make sure u select uk plug and try to get postage from chine if given the option. Heard some have had to pay import tax . I'm going to get one of these for a friend of mine

Thanks, UK plug is out of stock unfortunately. What sort of money we talking for tax?
Original Poster
Also, is there some sort of adblocker I could install on an android box?
Not sure about tax mate and chances are you may never need to pay it but a few ppl on here have apparently.
Not sure about adblocker, I've never used one and don't see why you would need one. It's not great for surfing the net if that's what u mean.
Original Poster
Ah fair play mate cheers, didn't know if some streams or apps had ads or anything
Jmw12339 m ago

Thanks, UK plug is out of stock unfortunately. What sort of money we …Thanks, UK plug is out of stock unfortunately. What sort of money we talking for tax?

AS long as you have it shipped via post (ie not DHL ect), 99% of the time there's no tax as the senders over there put something like a $10 as the value. If you're really unlucky Customs will open it and see it's worth more than that. But that's not likely. . .
Jmw12355 m ago

Also, is there some sort of adblocker I could install on an android box?

Install the app Adaway to block ads when your're using apps like Mobdro and UKTVNow. Then install the ad free version of Show Box, Cartoon HD app for movies and TV series (use google). Use Betternet Premium app for VPN (again use google).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 10th Sep 2017
Original Poster
RiverDragon88 m ago

Install the app Adaway to block ads when your're using apps like Mobdro …Install the app Adaway to block ads when your're using apps like Mobdro and UKTVNow. Then install the ad free version of Show Box, Cartoon HD app for movies and TV series (use google). Use Betternet Premium app for VPN (again use google).

Do I need a rooted device for this? Can you recommend any?
To use Adaway you need the box to be rooted (most boxes come rooted anyway). There was a couple of 3GB/32GB deals a couple of days ago but they've been expired.
Original Poster
Cheers, is it easy to root if they don't? Also do you think it's better getting one from the UK or China?
Most come rooted anyway. I've always bought from China (10 boxes now). Get an air mouse like this to go with your TV box click.
Original Poster
Also are there any features I should look for? Seen to get 2gb/16gb minimum as mentioned earlier but anything else I should go for/avoid?
Always buy Amlogic device. My last 2 boxes I bought were these click. These come rooted and the only problem I had BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime video wouldn't install from the play store. You need to get them from Aptoide click.
The Mecool M8S Pro+ is £5.73 cheaper + on android 7.1.1.
Original Poster
Gonna order that, cheers. For shipping what shall I choose?
Registered airmail
SF express
DHL
Ems
Choose the free shipping (15+ days), never select DHL (avoid paying any fees).
Original Poster
Thanks for the help everyone, have ordered it so hopefully doesn't take too long to come!
Original Poster
RiverDragon810th Sep

Choose the free shipping (15+ days), never select DHL (avoid paying any …Choose the free shipping (15+ days), never select DHL (avoid paying any fees).

Hi mate, it arrived today, plugged in and turned on, blue lights showing but TV is showing no signal, any ideas??
Have you tried a different HDMI cable or tried the box on another TV?
Original Poster
RiverDragon87 m ago

Have you tried a different HDMI cable or tried the box on another TV?

Have just tried on a different TV with a different hdmi and still nothing
See if this helps click.
Original Poster
RiverDragon848 m ago

See if this helps click.

Still nothing when I do those steps, so frustrating !
Original Poster
RiverDragon81 h, 1 m ago

See if this helps click.

Never mind I feel so stupid!!! I had to push the hdmi in really hard. While you're here what good apps shall I install?
Good to hear - still waiting for mine!

Have an old box I am replacing. Currently use Terrarium TV for Movies and box set TV shows, Mobdro for live TV.

Apps (and add ons) tend to come and go in this game - what is good this month may be useless next! Both of the above have been about a while and generally good. Anything with Live TV for free is always a bit hit and miss.

RiverDragon8 above suggests Adaway to prevent ads in the two above apps - I found it made no improvement when I installed it on my old box????
Van19733 m ago

Good to hear - still waiting for mine!Have an old box I am replacing. …Good to hear - still waiting for mine!Have an old box I am replacing. Currently use Terrarium TV for Movies and box set TV shows, Mobdro for live TV. Apps (and add ons) tend to come and go in this game - what is good this month may be useless next! Both of the above have been about a while and generally good. Anything with Live TV for free is always a bit hit and miss.RiverDragon8 above suggests Adaway to prevent ads in the two above apps - I found it made no improvement when I installed it on my old box????

Is your old box rooted?
RiverDragon82 m ago

Is your old box rooted?

Going to show my ignorance here - I have a Droidbox T8-S - I'm not sure. Adway installed alright but I still get ads on Terrarium TV - but only after I've watched something??
Thanks - I'll have another go after the wife has finished watching "Liar"

Your link for Adaway is different to the one I used previously - probably explains it!
Edited by: "Van1973" 18th Sep 2017
Original Poster
Thanks will have a look, how can I tell if my device is rooted?,
Van19732 m ago

Going to show my ignorance here - I have a Droidbox T8-S - I'm not sure. …Going to show my ignorance here - I have a Droidbox T8-S - I'm not sure. Adway installed alright but I still get ads on Terrarium TV - but only after I've watched something??

You get ads regardless with Terrarium TV that's why I don't use it.
Jmw12354 s ago

Thanks will have a look, how can I tell if my device is rooted?,

It's rooted because I've had 2 of them.
Original Poster
Ah great, is there a list of apps that are 'must-haves'? Don't really know where to start!!
Original Poster
Cheers, trying to watch uktvnow after installing adaway and every stream stops after 2 seconds and says no channel to this id
Use Mobdro instead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants