Android box recommendations

Found 25th Apr
I'm looking for a decent android box for the bedroom. I usually use an old PS3 and it's mainly used for streaming video & Youtube. For months the youtube app has been crashing and it's a bit annoying..

I've had a couple of cheapy android boxes in the past, and they've been pretty average. I'd ideally like something that can cope with large 1080p files and it must have a decent remote/air mouse (I do like the PS3's bluetooth media remote)

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
How much you willing to spend is the big question
jimhuf4 m ago

How much you willing to spend is the big question

Well, I was tempted by the Nvidia shield at £150, but the price has gone back up to 180-190. So I'd say £150 tops
I've got a vorke from Amazon. paid a about £65 for it. runs everything well
VORKE Android TV Box, Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 Octa Core 64 Bit 3GB/32G eMMC/HDR/1000M LAN/Dual-Band WiFi/Bluetooth 4.1 H.265 4K Smart TV Box with Remote Control amazon.co.uk/dp/…GHM
Edited by: "discozohan" 25th Apr
A very similar speced box to the above with s912 3gb and 32gb is the H96 pro plus. I got a few for friends and family and they were around the £50 mark. Main benefit being loads of people have them so the firmware and software is updated quite a bit. New version called H96 max or something, but it's too expensive and maybe a bit buggy at the mo.

The remotes given with these boxes are rubbish, but something like the Mele F10 or Minix A2 lite or Minix A2 is a fantastic option for dirt cheap.
Mi Box, not the most powerful but, has android tv, is easy to navigate and is fluid, pretty works well, nice remote, can be had for 45-60£ depending on how savvy you are,
Mi box 3s
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants