Android box that has good wi fi signal?

Posted 25th Apr
I bought a new android box a few months ago it was a mx pro 10 but i noticed when doing a speed test it only pulls around 6mb to 12 mb sometimes less like 2mb. i have been on the phone to sky thinking it was my broadband but when i did a test on my phone it was 26mb im im guessing its the cheap parts in this chinese box. Is there are android boxes sub £50 with decent parts that can get a better internet speed?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Can you link to the box you have?
Yes, the Fire TV sticks have a great wifi.
deleted221122625/04/2019 21:42

Comment deleted

Mid 60's from my 1st gen shield on 5ghz wifi. BT Inifinty, also N.Ireland and not in a city.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 25th Apr
deleted221122625/04/2019 21:58

Comment deleted

Back when I got mine it was known as the Infinty 2 package upto 76/78 think they advertise it. Wired I sit around almost the max at 70-72. Cant get Virgin here. On old contract also and they can keep putting the prices up each year far as I am concerned since they offer to recontract you at same price each time and my price at the time have me the full uhd TV and BT Sport package for £5 lol.
So you haven’t learned your lesson, you acknowledge it’s the cheap parts in the box, yet you want another cheap box for £50. Why don’t you just buy a dongle for the box you have or use Ethernet cable.

the fire sticks are ok I have 2 set up, they do the job for Netflix and cinema box. But on main tv I use the Nvidia shield and you can tell the difference straight away. Better off spending a bit more.
Bargainhead7 h, 25 m ago

So you haven’t learned your lesson, you acknowledge it’s the cheap parts in …So you haven’t learned your lesson, you acknowledge it’s the cheap parts in the box, yet you want another cheap box for £50. Why don’t you just buy a dongle for the box you have or use Ethernet cable.the fire sticks are ok I have 2 set up, they do the job for Netflix and cinema box. But on main tv I use the Nvidia shield and you can tell the difference straight away. Better off spending a bit more.

Sorted mate moved the box away from tv gone upto 22mb , what a relief
Must be something on the tv or sky box that was interfering with the cheap boxes signal
get a fire stick there updated and run spot on as meant too ive allways thort nah not enuff specs for get a 4k one what more do u need to watch films and google etc boxs are hit n miss they work for some and not for many. all the best and most best specs but stop working. the 4k has the 5ghz wifi
Edited by: "kevlfc" 26th Apr
Always use ethernet where possible
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions