Groups

Android boxes with 4k apps

Hey peeps

Thinking of getting an Amazon Fire TV box for 4k Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.

However, just wondering if there are any Android boxes in existence which have 4K Netflix/Amazon available?

Secondly, is it any better than the Amazon Fire option?

Doubtful due to lack of CDM for DRM on the majority of Android boxes but thought I'd ask anyway...

9 Comments

beelink x2

Original Poster

thecoolguy

beelink x2

Looks like Netflix will only stream at 1750kbps with resolution at 720x480 resolution on the Beelink X2

i have the original FTV (obviously not 4k) had it 2 years. *love it* i have messed around with multiple android boxes during that time, promising this & that, but the FTV has outlived them all. sure its locked down but Kodi is sideloadable. Netflix & Prime & catch up all work great on it. so reliable. I know what I'd choose anyday..!

Original Poster

cifa

i have the original FTV (obviously not 4k) had it 2 years. *love it* i … i have the original FTV (obviously not 4k) had it 2 years. *love it* i have messed around with multiple android boxes during that time, promising this & that, but the FTV has outlived them all. sure its locked down but Kodi is sideloadable. Netflix & Prime & catch up all work great on it. so reliable. I know what I'd choose anyday..!

Kind of the answer I was hoping for anyway. We have 2 fire sticks but think it is slow at times so just need a bit extra raw performance out of it!

nvidia shield worth looking at

mattmerch

nvidia shield worth looking at

I just got my mits on one of these and wow it's awesome! Deffo worth a look

Original Poster

nitelighter

I just got my mits on one of these and wow it's awesome! Deffo worth a … I just got my mits on one of these and wow it's awesome! Deffo worth a look

At the current rate I'd have to have my own testicles for dinner if I got one of those after picking up a Pixel C earlier! Does look pretty sweet though. I'll track the Amazon price and see if it'll fall any lower any time soon, currently about £50 above its lowest prices. Cheers

Xiaomi box (US edition) also has Netflix etc in 4k, one of the only ones that does, it's about £70-80 to import. There's a Chinese model that looks almost the same though so be careful which you get.

GrantG182

At the current rate I'd have to have my own testicles for dinner if I got … At the current rate I'd have to have my own testicles for dinner if I got one of those after picking up a Pixel C earlier! Does look pretty sweet though. I'll track the Amazon price and see if it'll fall any lower any time soon, currently about £50 above its lowest prices. Cheers

Fair enough mate I nabbed one for £150 virtually brand new. They are a tasty piece of kit.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mobile phone advice needed please11
      2. Sky or virgin55
      3. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 822
      4. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots65

See more discussions