Groups

Android Email Application?

Just wondering if there are any recommended email apps for Android. I'm getting sick of having to delete emails twice on the standard app, once on my phone and then again on Outlook/Thunderbird etc.

9 Comments

I just use gmail, does everything I need. My old email is forwarded to gmail and I can access it all through there.

^^^^ this.

Auto forward all your email to a main gmail account. then use filters to add labels.
    I have 3/4 accounts forwarding to my main gmail and everything is managed from there.

Original Poster

But then your 3/4 accounts all have the emails sat in there too. So then you need to go through and delete.

Isn't there an app like Thunderbird for the PC or like the old Nokia email app that deletes the email from the phone and at source?

I use K-9 email app for my android email, it lets you connect to your mail and smtp servers using SSL or TLS and with MD5 encryption aswell so its all nice and secure.

Gmail will delete all the emails it pulls in from other servers so you will only have to delete these once. I have 5 email addresses from different providers going into Gmail and it manages them all for me. You can also send an email from Gmail as though it was from another address, which is useful.

I change the settings on my Phone so emails are stored for only 24hrs and then removed saves the need to mass delete but depends how many you get a day

highguyuk

But then your 3/4 accounts all have the emails sat in there too. So then … But then your 3/4 accounts all have the emails sat in there too. So then you need to go through and delete.Isn't there an app like Thunderbird for the PC or like the old Nokia email app that deletes the email from the phone and at source?

Set your email to forward, mark as read and archive. happy days.

I've got an email account which I access using both the default Android email app and Thunderbird on my PC, and emails are deleted from the server when I delete them on my phone (so they get removed from Thunderbird too)

Don't remember explicitly telling it to do that, but if it's not happening for you then I guess you've got it disabled somewhere or your email provider doesn't support it?

Original Poster

Just thought I'd update the thread. Downloaded the K9 application and it seems to do exactly what I wanted so far. =)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32150
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …147349
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764524
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1742

See more discussions