Android help!

Found 26th Feb 2015
My cousin has forgotten his lock for his Android device. It's the EE Eagle (Huawei S8-301L). I've tried doing a factory reset by turning off and holding volume up button while powering on. Presented with this screen (see 1st post):

I'm an Android noob as I've used Apple mainly. Any idea how to do factory reset? Maybe putting it on microSD card?

1. Ask
  2. Android
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Android
22 Comments

Original Poster

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag225/jakirrr21/IMG_20150226_133157_zps3kr6hhnx.jpg

go to xda developers they will probably have the answer..

Original Poster

justanothercid

go to xda developers they will probably have the answer..

I'll have a look there, thanks mate. Tried Google. Just says do the volume up button and power button thing.

If you put the wrong code in a few times it should ask you to reset using email address,

Or dont steal phones. I have never met someone who has forgoten their unlock code to a phone.
Edited by: "Panixs" 26th Feb 2015

Panixs

Or dont steal phones. I have never met someone who has forgoten their … Or dont steal phones. I have never met someone who has forgoten their unlock code to a phone.

ive forgotten my pin for my card for a whole week. same one id had for 10 years. it can happen.

best not to make assumptions id say

Panixs

Or dont steal phones. I have never met someone who has forgoten their … Or dont steal phones. I have never met someone who has forgoten their unlock code to a phone.

An EE Eagle is an android tablet... Something that mightn't be used as often as a phone. Also just because you don't know someone who has forgotten their unlock code doesn't mean it never happens. Sure even Apple have a dedicated support page on their website to guide people who've forgotten passcodes on their Apple devices.

I'd suggest you remove the SD card, it looks like it is trying to do an upgrade / load from the SD Card. Has the phone been rooted?

doncoop

ive forgotten my pin for my card for a whole week. same one id had for 10 … ive forgotten my pin for my card for a whole week. same one id had for 10 years. it can happen.best not to make assumptions id say

It happened to me just 2 weeks ago. Lending my mum money so I gave her my card and a pin I thought was correct. Turns out I forgot my pin for 5 days.

But with a mobile device. I'm a little skeptical. Since I unlock my phone probably a lot of times during the day. That the pin code is always active in my brain.

It could happen. But I do sometimes feel something dodgy is going on to when it's sold second hand iphone with icloud locks etc.

Original Poster

jonnyd24

If you put the wrong code in a few times it should ask you to reset using … If you put the wrong code in a few times it should ask you to reset using email address,

He put in wrong code few times but it's not coming up. I thought it would as well. Every 5 attempts it just says wait 30 seconds. It's on Android 4.2.

Original Poster

Panixs

I have an ipad air. Why would I steal this? It's my cousin's. He doesn't know much about this stuff so asked me to help him. Don't throw accusations for no reason.

Original Poster

dreadzone101

An EE Eagle is an android tablet... Something that mightn't be used as … An EE Eagle is an android tablet... Something that mightn't be used as often as a phone. Also just because you don't know someone who has forgotten their unlock code doesn't mean it never happens. Sure even Apple have a dedicated support page on their website to guide people who've forgotten passcodes on their Apple devices.

I've forgotten my iPhone passcode a couple of times but it's much easier to reset. This is just annoying.

Original Poster

doncoop

ive forgotten my pin for my card for a whole week. same one id had for 10 … ive forgotten my pin for my card for a whole week. same one id had for 10 years. it can happen.best not to make assumptions id say

My mind goes blank like that sometimes also. Then it comes back to me lol

Original Poster

ipswich78

I'd suggest you remove the SD card, it looks like it is trying to do an … I'd suggest you remove the SD card, it looks like it is trying to do an upgrade / load from the SD Card. Has the phone been rooted?

Removed it but still same message. Not rooted. On Android 4.2.
Edited by: "Jakirrr21" 26th Feb 2015

Firstly, i'd try what jonnyd24 said. To try getting a password reset to occur via email.

You're pressing the wrong volume button, it's volume down and power you press and hold, until you boot into recovery.
You'd then scroll down to wipe data/factory reset and press the power button. Follow the on-screen instructions from then on and you should be fine.

You can also try resetting remotely using Android Device Manager, just go to the website and log in to the Gmail account associated with the phone.

Let us know how it goes!
Edited by: "SupremeJaguar" 26th Feb 2015

Original Poster

kos1c

It happened to me just 2 weeks ago. Lending my mum money so I gave her my … It happened to me just 2 weeks ago. Lending my mum money so I gave her my card and a pin I thought was correct. Turns out I forgot my pin for 5 days. But with a mobile device. I'm a little skeptical. Since I unlock my phone probably a lot of times during the day. That the pin code is always active in my brain. It could happen. But I do sometimes feel something dodgy is going on to when it's sold second hand iphone with icloud locks etc.

I said the same to him, he changed his passcode couple of days ago and forgot what he changed it to. Has happened to me before.

have you tried ringing google support??

SupremeJaguar

Firstly, i'd try what jonnyd24 said. To try getting a password reset to … Firstly, i'd try what jonnyd24 said. To try getting a password reset to occur via email.You're pressing the wrong volume button, it's volume down and power you press and hold, until you boot into recovery. You'd then scroll down to wipe data/factory reset and press the power button. Follow the on-screen instructions from then on and you should be fine. You can also try resetting remotely using Android Device Manager, just go to the website and log in to the Gmail account associated with the phone. Let us know how it goes!

^This its volume down and power to get into the recovery screen not volume up

Original Poster

joedastudd

^This its volume down and power to get into the recovery screen not … ^This its volume down and power to get into the recovery screen not volume up

Think it's different for different devices.

Original Poster

stefromuk

have you tried ringing google support??

I think that's what he'll have to do.
Edited by: "Jakirrr21" 26th Feb 2015

Original Poster

SupremeJaguar

Firstly, i'd try what jonnyd24 said. To try getting a password reset to … Firstly, i'd try what jonnyd24 said. To try getting a password reset to occur via email.You're pressing the wrong volume button, it's volume down and power you press and hold, until you boot into recovery. You'd then scroll down to wipe data/factory reset and press the power button. Follow the on-screen instructions from then on and you should be fine. You can also try resetting remotely using Android Device Manager, just go to the website and log in to the Gmail account associated with the phone. Let us know how it goes!

I give up. I've told him to ring Google support. Volume down and power button boots it normally. Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated everyone! Apart from the guy who thinks everyone is a thief.

Jakirrr21

I give up. I've told him to ring Google support. Volume down and power … I give up. I've told him to ring Google support. Volume down and power button boots it normally. Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated everyone! Apart from the guy who thinks everyone is a thief.

It shouldn't do that, maybe you're not holding it for long enough? Good luck, hope you have a solution soon!
Post a comment
@
    Text