Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Android Keyboard Recommendations

Posted 25th Jun 2020
Hi hope everyone is well.

I'm looking for keyboard Recommendations for my samsung s9. I'd like to keep it as stock as possible but I'm looking to have a speech to text mic button on the keyboard at the same time as the emoji button. On stock, you can only have either or.

thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I use Google keyboard - pretty decent
bobdylan25/06/2020 10:54

I use Google keyboard - pretty decent

Thanks, will check it. Does it have to option to have both speech to text and emoji?
deleted11933
I used SwiftKey, have for years. Appears to be a Microsoft product now..
Emoji next to voice... lots of configurations for colour, size, layout etc..
Edited by: "deleted11933" 25th Jun
deleted1193325/06/2020 11:00

I used SwiftKey, have for years. Appears to be a Microsoft product now..

Thanks, will check that too. Had that on my old phone thinking about it now
deleted11933
deals6925/06/2020 11:00

Thanks, will check that too. Had that on my old phone thinking about it now

In case you missed it.. yes it has what you are looking for.
Google's GBoard easily the best now, customise to how you want including the Speech to Mic button you want.
Uridium25/06/2020 11:07

Google's GBoard easily the best now, customise to how you want including …Google's GBoard easily the best now, customise to how you want including the Speech to Mic button you want.

Ahh, thanks. Testing it now and it seems good. Tiny bit too cluttered but I'll get used to it
SwiftKey or gboard... Swiftkey for me. Spend time to customise layout
Edited by: "wayners" 25th Jun
deals6925/06/2020 11:08

Ahh, thanks. Testing it now and it seems good. Tiny bit too cluttered but …Ahh, thanks. Testing it now and it seems good. Tiny bit too cluttered but I'll get used to it

Cluttered? You can customise it with themes, and turn on and off certain features. So depending on what you want, you might be able to change it.
wayners25/06/2020 11:39

SwiftKey or gboard... Swiftkey for me. Spend time to customise layout

Will check SwiftKey also ty
alg25/06/2020 11:40

Cluttered? You can customise it with themes, and turn on and off certain …Cluttered? You can customise it with themes, and turn on and off certain features. So depending on what you want, you might be able to change it.

Ahh I just don't like the top row before you start typing but it is quite useful
deals6925/06/2020 11:57

Ahh I just don't like the top row before you start typing but it is quite …Ahh I just don't like the top row before you start typing but it is quite useful

If you don't want it, but don't mind having an almost blank line, you can tap the arrow on the left hand side, and it will hide the contents.
Post a comment
@
    Text