Android mobile for 11 year old for under £100

Posted 14th Jun 2020
I'm after an android mobile for a 11 year old for under £100. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Samsung Galaxy A20e
Edited by: "zworld" 14th Jun
zworld14/06/2020 14:37

Samsung Galaxy A20e

Can't find it less than £130.
Hi, I have been using a basic, budget phone to tied me over after breaking my Xiaomi flagship and have been quite impressed for the ridiculously low price. It's a Ulefone android and was about £55 delivered from amazon. My friend's kids have Ulefone phones as there's a number of them that sell between £50-80 Mark on Amazon, including armoured versions, running latest version of android. Downside is that there's not much storage so big apps like Facebook should use lite versions.

Otherwise I'd recommend older, basic budget phones from Xiaomi. Not terribly well known in UK but they are the world's 3rd largest smartphone manufacturer and have excellent specs and build quality for the price. Just make sure you get a global / eu version to ensure it works perfectly in the UK out of the box.
sibby2214/06/2020 15:19

Hi, I have been using a basic, budget phone to tied me over after breaking …Hi, I have been using a basic, budget phone to tied me over after breaking my Xiaomi flagship and have been quite impressed for the ridiculously low price. It's a Ulefone android and was about £55 delivered from amazon. My friend's kids have Ulefone phones as there's a number of them that sell between £50-80 Mark on Amazon, including armoured versions, running latest version of android. Downside is that there's not much storage so big apps like Facebook should use lite versions.Otherwise I'd recommend older, basic budget phones from Xiaomi. Not terribly well known in UK but they are the world's 3rd largest smartphone manufacturer and have excellent specs and build quality for the price. Just make sure you get a global / eu version to ensure it works perfectly in the UK out of the box.

Don't think they are third biggest, Samsung, Huawei, and Apple are ahead of them.
jamie1515/06/2020 04:28

Don't think they are third biggest, Samsung, Huawei, and Apple are ahead …Don't think they are third biggest, Samsung, Huawei, and Apple are ahead of them.

OK. Were the third largest (weeks ago, when I checked) now in top 5. Within the context of the advice I am trying to give someone on this forum for a budget smartphone sub £100, you get the gist? Merely trying to help x
sibby2215/06/2020 04:37

OK. Were the third largest (weeks ago, when I checked) now in top 5. …OK. Were the third largest (weeks ago, when I checked) now in top 5. Within the context of the advice I am trying to give someone on this forum for a budget smartphone sub £100, you get the gist? Merely trying to help x

I just had a look, as with many of these reports it is conflicting depending on source, Counterpoint still says 4th but another company says 3rd so you are also right.

I am not trying to counteract your advice, simply trying to correct what I believed to be an error.
My advice to OP, if you can't afford or don't want to spend £100+ then look for second hand. I'd say to get a half decent phone brand new you'd have to spend a bit more. At this price second hand market simply offers better value.
I bought a doogee for my son and I'm pleased with it, sorting like this..

amazon.co.uk/dp/…61V

BUT are you sure they don't want an iphone? No point getting them something they won't like..

musicmagpie.co.uk/sto…ked
I can't find an 11 year old for under £100, do you have a link?
Could consider this

amazon.co.uk/gp/…e_1

41103995-wcLpt.jpg
41103995-S5u0b.jpgCheck with @MrSwitch first maybe though I know very little about phones but my son has a umidigi and so do I.
bluetba15/06/2020 19:19

I bought a doogee for my son and I'm pleased with it, sorting like …I bought a doogee for my son and I'm pleased with it, sorting like this..https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086YFXNBJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BN75EbCC6E61VBUT are you sure they don't want an iphone? No point getting them something they won't like.. https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/store/products/apple-iphone-se-32gb-silver-unlocked

Personally I wouldn't let an 11 year old tell me what brand of phone they require. Each to their own.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 is a very good choice, big battery and decent processor
Honor 8S carphonewarehouse.com/hon…620 £80

How are you going to pay from the usage? I would also look at contract deals for about £10 per month for example.

Try mobiles.co.uk for a contract deal for £10 per month with no upfront fee.
Willy_Wonka15/06/2020 19:34

Personally I wouldn't let an 11 year old tell me what brand of phone they …Personally I wouldn't let an 11 year old tell me what brand of phone they require. Each to their own.

Agreed, but they're is no point getting something they don't want, it's just a waste of money, and if you have the choice then why not.
bluetba15/06/2020 19:45

Agreed, but they're is no point getting something they don't want, it's …Agreed, but they're is no point getting something they don't want, it's just a waste of money, and if you have the choice then why not.

Because it will start with they want an iphone & end with them at 18 years old with an iphone & not just any iphone it will be the most expensive newest iphone.

Kids at school are nearly all the same.
Willy_Wonka15/06/2020 19:48

Because it will start with they want an iphone & end with them at 18 years …Because it will start with they want an iphone & end with them at 18 years old with an iphone & not just any iphone it will be the most expensive newest iphone. Kids at school are nearly all the same.

Exactly my thinking wanted to avoid an iPhone as it'll just be opening a can of worms.
moneysaver8015/06/2020 21:11

Exactly my thinking wanted to avoid an iPhone as it'll just be opening a …Exactly my thinking wanted to avoid an iPhone as it'll just be opening a can of worms.

I think you should consider how much per month you want to pay for the sim & go from there.
Post a comment
@
    Text