Android Pay Contactless Not Working

Found 7th Aug 2017
I've tested out NFC by sending a photo to another device with android beam and that worked fine, however I just can't get android payments to work. Nothing happens when I tap my device in a terminal.

I've installed android pay and linked a card to it.

Any ideas? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
What phone are you using?
Is it definatley a contactless card you've added?

I just had the same problem and realised my hsbc card isn't contact less
Edited by: "quadkon" 7th Aug 2017
Yeah it's a Contactless card.

I have the Nokia 6
Download safety net check from playstore and see what it will come up with
mattsk5 m ago

Download safety net check from playstore and see what it will come up with

All passed?
you 'switch on' the phone before you pay right? you dont need to unlock it but just switch on the screen. a blank screen wont work.
I had this last week for a few days; drove me mad as the card appeared to be set up fine and authorised in Android Pay, but when I tried to use it in a store my phone would just quickly vibrate but not actually pay.

This is for Android 6 on a P2. YMMV.....

I finally fixed it by doing....

Turn on NFC in the pull down menu.
Settings> scroll down to Tap & pay>Payment default> make sure it's set to Android Pay.
Edited by: "terriclarkfan" 7th Aug 2017
terriclarkfan44 m ago

I had this last week for a few days; drove me mad as the card appeared to …I had this last week for a few days; drove me mad as the card appeared to be set up fine and authorised in Android Pay, but when I tried to use it in a store my phone would just quickly vibrate but not actually pay.This is for Android 6 on a P2. YMMV.....I finally fixed it by doing....Turn on NFC in the pull down menu.Settings> scroll down to Tap & pay>Payment default> make sure it's set to Android Pay.

Yeah I wake my screen before tapping to pay. No luck. Android pay is already set to default.
Getting this same problem!!! So annoying. Give up now
Not sure what else to do. Google are now looking into it for me.
I have found android pay a little hit and miss. In some stores it works no problem but other stores it doesn't. I was in my local Tescos express last week and I got a notification from android pay saying this store uses android pay, got to the till, and it wouldn't recognise my phone.

Samsung S8+ with contactless card loaded.

would be interested to hear what Google say.
Got this to work today, but only if I unlocked my phone? You shouldn't need to right, just wake?
superfreddy3 h, 8 m ago

Got this to work today, but only if I unlocked my phone? You shouldn't …Got this to work today, but only if I unlocked my phone? You shouldn't need to right, just wake?

Always need to unlock, it's a security mechanism. Prevents someone stealing your phone and going on a £30 shopping spree
superfreddy3 h, 27 m ago

Got this to work today, but only if I unlocked my phone? You shouldn't …Got this to work today, but only if I unlocked my phone? You shouldn't need to right, just wake?

You definitely have to unlock. That's why ideally you would want both NFC and a fingerprint sensor if you're planning to use Android Pay a lot.
Muir47 m ago

You definitely have to unlock. That's why ideally you would want both NFC …You definitely have to unlock. That's why ideally you would want both NFC and a fingerprint sensor if you're planning to use Android Pay a lot.

I read that all you need to do is wake your phone. I used to do that with my HTC. Maybe they've changed it then. At least it works.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants