Android pay set up

Found 19th Oct 2017
I am trying to set up Android Pay on my phone for my Natwest mastercard but I am not getting the authorisation code text message from Natwest so it is stuck waiting for this.

How long does this take to arrive, straightaway?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
When I've set up my debit cards it was instant. I'm not with NatWest though.
Check the number you've used is correct with the bank etc. Should be instant.
This has happened to me in the past. You will need to call them, but when I spoke to CS they said there was a problem on their end and to wait a few hours.
Original Poster
artnada26 m ago

Check the number you've used is correct with the bank etc. Should be …Check the number you've used is correct with the bank etc. Should be instant.

it is the correct number as i have set up my mobile to withdraw cash from the ATM machines without the debit card and i have received the authorisation text message instantly from natwest.

i think there is a problem with android pay for natwest. damn
Is your card set up for contactless payment? Just a thought. You should have 4 semi circles in ascending size on your card.
Original Poster
punji2 h, 59 m ago

This has happened to me in the past. You will need to call them, but when …This has happened to me in the past. You will need to call them, but when I spoke to CS they said there was a problem on their end and to wait a few hours.

it took an hour for the text message to arrive! then all 6 text messages came at one with 6 different authorisation codes as i kept asking for a new text message when the text did not come through.

i just hope paying with my phone at the shop won't be this haphazard and won't work. sounds like the system is not really working properly yet, probably experiencing teething problems.
sydney8713 h, 23 m ago

Is your card set up for contactless payment? Just a thought. You should …Is your card set up for contactless payment? Just a thought. You should have 4 semi circles in ascending size on your card.

That wouldn't matter. One of my non-contactless cards with Co-Op bank can use Android Pay. It's the app that is contactless not the card.
Original Poster
What a lot of bull. Took me ages to get this set up as it keeps saying i can't use the text code and must call my bank! I had to remove the card and add it back and ask for the text message again, which came immediately and it has now been set up at last on my phone.

Doesn't give me much confidence that this will actually work in the shops.
Original Poster
Tried out android pay for the first time today as i wanted something from tesco but did not have my credit card. It stated that i just need to wake up my phone and not have to access the android pay app, but the card reader did not recognise the phone. I tried several times without success, so i switched android pay app on and after a few more goes, the card reader finally accepted the payment.

this is such a foundling app which doesnt work properly and will cause a lot of embarassment if you try to use it. There was a long queue behind me! I will keep this for emergencies only until the technology improves. Would not recommend it
mutley15 h, 31 m ago

Tried out android pay for the first time today as i wanted something from …Tried out android pay for the first time today as i wanted something from tesco but did not have my credit card. It stated that i just need to wake up my phone and not have to access the android pay app, but the card reader did not recognise the phone. I tried several times without success, so i switched android pay app on and after a few more goes, the card reader finally accepted the payment.this is such a foundling app which doesnt work properly and will cause a lot of embarassment if you try to use it. There was a long queue behind me! I will keep this for emergencies only until the technology improves. Would not recommend it

It's being used successfully in thousands of retailers across the UK by millions of customers.

I'd suggest 'user error'
Original Poster
miikeyblue3 h, 24 m ago

It's being used successfully in thousands of retailers across the UK by …It's being used successfully in thousands of retailers across the UK by millions of customers.I'd suggest 'user error'

Have you used Android pay yourself or are you just quoting some statistics? I have only ever seen one person using android pay, and that was at the gate at London Victoria tube station. She couldn't get it to work the first time so she had to try again and it worked the second time.

It is a great way to pay if it works. I look forward to seeing lots of people use it and the technology works without hiccup like contactless card payment.
mutley12 h, 14 m ago

Have you used Android pay yourself or are you just quoting some …Have you used Android pay yourself or are you just quoting some statistics? I have only ever seen one person using android pay, and that was at the gate at London Victoria tube station. She couldn't get it to work the first time so she had to try again and it worked the second time.It is a great way to pay if it works. I look forward to seeing lots of people use it and the technology works without hiccup like contactless card payment.

I have used it, I do frequently, and know plenty of others that do. What phone are you using? Perhaps it's got an issue?
Original Poster
miikeyblue28 m ago

I have used it, I do frequently, and know plenty of others that do. What …I have used it, I do frequently, and know plenty of others that do. What phone are you using? Perhaps it's got an issue?

so you don't have issue with using android pay? it states that i don't need to open the android pay app, but just wake my phone up and unlock it. when i did this, nothing happens at the card reader and so i had to open the app for it to work.

do you have to open your android pay app? my phone is the samsung galaxy note 4.
mutley11 h, 2 m ago

so you don't have issue with using android pay? it states that i don't …so you don't have issue with using android pay? it states that i don't need to open the android pay app, but just wake my phone up and unlock it. when i did this, nothing happens at the card reader and so i had to open the app for it to work.do you have to open your android pay app? my phone is the samsung galaxy note 4.

That's all I do... Unlock my phone and it works.

Seems you're not alone with note 4 issues though:

google.co.uk/amp…amp
Original Poster
miikeyblue6 h, 21 m ago

That's all I do... Unlock my phone and it works.Seems you're not alone …That's all I do... Unlock my phone and it works.Seems you're not alone with note 4 issues though:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/634608-anyone-use-android-pay-their-note-4-a.html?amp

I tried to use android pay at waitrose today and the tick symbol came up which it did not do yesterday, so i thought, great, it works. But then the till screen states call assistant and so i had to use my credit card. It must be the app doesnt work properly on my phone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants