Android phone/tablet OTG + charge simultaneously?? HELP special cable?

Found 17th Dec 2015
as title really, I've got a few devices that charge through the micro USB port, but I occasionally use keyboards etc, is there a cable that will allow for the use of a keyboard, mouse or USB drive AT THE SAME TIME AS CHARGING IT?

any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Community Updates
MiscPhonesAndroid
12 Comments
Mermoo

A micro usb splitter? Something like this: … A micro usb splitter? Something like this: http://m.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_164096.html?currency=GBP&gclid=CjwKEAiA18mzBRCo1e_-y_KLpXISJACEsANGoUJJtQpBtz4g6JcbMKTMQyKOkMmghImQLMdtxChdHBoCpk3w_wcB ?

hi, i've just found this which seems to be the same cable but the description is a bit unsure:

Your text here

Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 17th Dec 2015
can you buy a qi charging case for the phones? any model info you can give may help!
jamierichardson129

can you buy a qi charging case for the phones? any model info you can … can you buy a qi charging case for the phones? any model info you can give may help!

Bush elma 8" tablet from argos is one of them

Or would a bluetooth keyboard be a better option?
Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 17th Dec 2015
DudeyGeeza

hi, i've just found this which seems to be the same cable but the … hi, i've just found this which seems to be the same cable but the description is a bit unsure:Your text here

If you can get a standard usb charger (or converter), from the description it should work. However, you're probably better off just getting a bluetooth keyboard...
I never managed to find one to use with my linx tablet. I have one with a switch so you can leave it plugged into everything and just switch between charge and USB input. It's not ideal.
Now I generally just use a Bluetooth keyboard and a microsd card/microserver for storage.
tri_94

OTG hub with charging

i saw that one but with the switch it suggests that it's either usb devices / or charging.. Is this feature DEVICE specific?
It depends on your device not the cable, just order a £1 otg y cable and try it, some support it, some don't.
deleted441614
The trick to those otg hub is to find the right switch position and have the power plugged into it and a USB device when booting the device. That triggers it to allow charging and data. once I learned that I can now charge and use multiple USB devices at once on both android and windows tablet/ phone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions