Android phone/tablet OTG + charge simultaneously?? HELP special cable?

Found 17th Dec 2015
as title really, I've got a few devices that charge through the micro USB port, but I occasionally use keyboards etc, is there a cable that will allow for the use of a keyboard, mouse or USB drive AT THE SAME TIME AS CHARGING IT?

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

12 Comments

Original Poster

Mermoo

A micro usb splitter? Something like this: … A micro usb splitter? Something like this: http://m.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_164096.html?currency=GBP&gclid=CjwKEAiA18mzBRCo1e_-y_KLpXISJACEsANGoUJJtQpBtz4g6JcbMKTMQyKOkMmghImQLMdtxChdHBoCpk3w_wcB ?

hi, i've just found this which seems to be the same cable but the description is a bit unsure:

Your text here

Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 17th Dec 2015

can you buy a qi charging case for the phones? any model info you can give may help!

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

can you buy a qi charging case for the phones? any model info you can … can you buy a qi charging case for the phones? any model info you can give may help!

Bush elma 8" tablet from argos is one of them

Or would a bluetooth keyboard be a better option?
Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 17th Dec 2015

DudeyGeeza

hi, i've just found this which seems to be the same cable but the … hi, i've just found this which seems to be the same cable but the description is a bit unsure:Your text here

If you can get a standard usb charger (or converter), from the description it should work. However, you're probably better off just getting a bluetooth keyboard...

I never managed to find one to use with my linx tablet. I have one with a switch so you can leave it plugged into everything and just switch between charge and USB input. It's not ideal.
Now I generally just use a Bluetooth keyboard and a microsd card/microserver for storage.

Original Poster

tri_94

OTG hub with charging

i saw that one but with the switch it suggests that it's either usb devices / or charging.. Is this feature DEVICE specific?

It depends on your device not the cable, just order a £1 otg y cable and try it, some support it, some don't.

The trick to those otg hub is to find the right switch position and have the power plugged into it and a USB device when booting the device. That triggers it to allow charging and data. once I learned that I can now charge and use multiple USB devices at once on both android and windows tablet/ phone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants