Android Smart Watches

Found 13th Jul 2017
I'm looking at a smart watch on Amazon. It's £18 and can be used for Facebook and WhatsApp.

It also has an option to put a sim card in.

Two questions, can you install mapmyrun on most smart watches? If not, how do you know those that support it?

The one I'm looking at has a sim card slot. Would my network provider allow me to have two sims so I can have internet on my watch without my phone being nearby?

It's main purpose will be to monitor the miles I'm running and to play music while I run. Thanks.
Community Updates
AskWatchAndroidSmartwatch
8 Comments
A smart watch for £18 !!
I can't see it being up to doing much at that price.
deleted79467
cant have two sims with the same number
18 quid smartwatch imo it will be less frustrating just to flush money down the drain
I'd be a bit iffy with the cheaper smart watches as it's hard to find out what is running under the hood. You're protentially walking around with a GPS, camera and mic on your wrist that can be remotely activated and stream data to a 3rd party.
for this price, i doubt it would even show the time accurately, let alone do anything else. do you actually mean £18?
android smartwaches don't accept simcards, they need a phone nearby for network access.

cheapest android smartwatch you will find is the Sony Smartwatch 3, doesn't run latest OS version but still very capable (as built in GPS unlike many) and can be picked up for around £60-£80 If you hunt around.
Uridium1 h, 42 m ago

android smartwaches don't accept simcards, they need a phone nearby for …android smartwaches don't accept simcards, they need a phone nearby for network access.cheapest android smartwatch you will find is the Sony Smartwatch 3, doesn't run latest OS version but still very capable (as built in GPS unlike many) and can be picked up for around £60-£80 If you hunt around.

I believe the new Huawei watch 2 has a SIM card slot to offer 4g.
Obviously a bit more than £18 lol
I was thinking the Lenovo HW01 for £15 from Gearbest. But maybe something more expensive would be better and perhaps including GPS?
superfreddy4 h, 38 m ago

I was thinking the Lenovo HW01 for £15 from Gearbest. But maybe something …I was thinking the Lenovo HW01 for £15 from Gearbest. But maybe something more expensive would be better and perhaps including GPS?

I think you need to sort out your priorities, perhaps get outside, experience life and realise how much things cost....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants