Android tablet for kids

Posted 10th Jun
Can anyone recommend an Android tablet for kids, ages 2 and 5. Will be primarily used for educational stuff.

We tried the Amazon Fire but, despite the attractive price-point, found the interface incredibly annoying and the Amazon web browser quite restrictive.

Any thoughts welcome. Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
If you've already got the fire, install Google Play services and a different browser. That corrects most of the issues you have.
Lowtrawler10/06/2020 12:47

If you've already got the fire, install Google Play services and a …If you've already got the fire, install Google Play services and a different browser. That corrects most of the issues you have.

Thank you for the tip. I could only find the ‘Silk’ browser and was about to return it. Is Google Play Services an app?
Edited by: "rupo" 10th Jun
rupo10/06/2020 13:18

Thank you for the tip. I could only find the ‘Silk’ browser and was about t …Thank you for the tip. I could only find the ‘Silk’ browser and was about to return it. Is Google Play Services an app?

No, the Fire is an Android tablet locked down by Amazon and so you have to overcome that by installing standard Android services. The link below shows how to do this. It's actually pretty easy even if it sounds daunting.

howtogeek.com/232…et/
Lowtrawler10/06/2020 13:38

No, the Fire is an Android tablet locked down by Amazon and so you have to …No, the Fire is an Android tablet locked down by Amazon and so you have to overcome that by installing standard Android services. The link below shows how to do this. It's actually pretty easy even if it sounds daunting.https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

Thank you. Much appreciated!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants