Found 24th Dec 2016
right so i got the other half a hudl 2 for xmas which they have just opened & set up.
we didnt install the lollipop update due to various sources saying tablet shows down a lot when updated to lollipop.
unfortunatley it doesnt seem to be working propery. we were able to install facebook & messenger. messenger opens fine but fb just shows a white blank screen for seconds before crashing & returning to home screen.
also the main reason i got it for other half is to play candy crush saga but it comes up "device not compatible" i cant find anywhere that says the android version that candy crush saga needs but personally i though kitkat would have been acceptable.
can any one help?
i'm now feeling pretty friggen **** as the tablet was the main present & its f#cking useless

9 Comments

suggest install lollipop. Never had any issues with it with any device.

Original Poster

Rich069

suggest install lollipop. Never had any issues with it with any device.

i honestly dont think that is the issue, see thread here for lollipop on hudl 2 tab
hotukdeals.com/dea…009

Agree - install the update. If you avoided something because you read a few negative comments you would be standing still not breathing. Do it properly and you will have no issues

Original Poster

newbie68

Agree - install the update. If you avoided something because you read a … Agree - install the update. If you avoided something because you read a few negative comments you would be standing still not breathing. Do it properly and you will have no issues

lots of hudl2 users are still running it on kitkat & dont have any issues.

little_green

lots of hudl2 users are still running it on kitkat & dont have any issues.

I had no issue with kitkat on hudl2 and equally no issue with lollipop. TBH probably running faster and smoother with the update

Original Poster

newbie68

I had no issue with kitkat on hudl2 and equally no issue with lollipop. … I had no issue with kitkat on hudl2 and equally no issue with lollipop. TBH probably running faster and smoother with the update

i preformed a factory reset which made me install the lollipop update.
i've downloaded fb messanger & it has allowed me to dl candy crush this time HOWEVER the tablet is freezing often.

Original Poster

allowed me to install fb, messenger & candy crush which i player for a short while.
switched it off but when i restarted it i got process.com.google.process.gapps popping up continously. literally i press ok then it pops up again.
dont know what to do

lollipop ruined my HUDL 2. Drains battery in 3 hours if left on standby. Was great on Kit kat.

Original Poster

Bobbajob

lollipop ruined my HUDL 2. Drains battery in 3 hours if left on standby. … lollipop ruined my HUDL 2. Drains battery in 3 hours if left on standby. Was great on Kit kat.

Unfortunately it didn't give me a choice it just installed it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73802
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!66
    4. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11

See more discussions