Expired

Android Tablet Recommendations? £100-£150

Found 31st JanEdited by:"spannerzone"
Hi fellow HUKD'ers - I'm a bit out of touch with Android tablets, the last one I got was a Samsung Tab2 from 2012 and it runs like a 2 legged dog and is unusable even after factory reset (it's always been a terrible performer)

As my wife is resting up at home after an illness I'm looking for something that's reasonably fast, reasonably up to date and not too expensive. Budget of £100-£150 ideally. Screen size I guess 7" to 9" will be fine. Memory of maybe 2GB ram / 16GB storage or higher.

I want to get from a UK retailer.

She uses Facebook and does play those Facebook games plus other quiz apps. Her Moto G 2nd Gen phone copes with her gaming to give an idea of what the tablet needs to be in terms of performance, ie as good or better than a Moto G 2nd gen phone.

Thanks for any ideas.
Community Updates
7 Comments
I got a onda V10 from gearbest . £77 .
Full IPS HD screen . Been using it for 3 months now and very surprised how well it works . Build quality is no Apple . But cracking spec for the money .
Fire HD 8 is a very decent tablet
Original Poster
ibblackberry11 h, 11 m ago

Fire HD 8 is a very decent tablet

Will that allow standard Android apps from the Google Play store to be installed?
spannerzone8 h, 22 m ago

Will that allow standard Android apps from the Google Play store to be …Will that allow standard Android apps from the Google Play store to be installed?

If you need the full Google play store there are some simple tutorials on YouTube which allow you to set this up with little issue.

But from your initial post it sounds as if the cut down fire store apps would be adequate anyways.

Either way, it's not really an issue and a very good tablet for the money.
Original Poster
ibblackberry12 h, 4 m ago

If you need the full Google play store there are some simple tutorials on …If you need the full Google play store there are some simple tutorials on YouTube which allow you to set this up with little issue.But from your initial post it sounds as if the cut down fire store apps would be adequate anyways.Either way, it's not really an issue and a very good tablet for the money.

Thanks I hadn't even considered a Fire as assumed it was mostly aimed at Prime members and such like. Thanks for the advice.
spannerzone7 h, 31 m ago

Thanks I hadn't even considered a Fire as assumed it was mostly aimed at …Thanks I hadn't even considered a Fire as assumed it was mostly aimed at Prime members and such like. Thanks for the advice.

Good screen, good battery, good price point, worth considering.
Original Poster
Thanks, just realised it needs to work with Now TV app and that doesn't seem possible on Fire tablets... damn.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants