Groups

Android TV Box

Hi,

I purchased this a few days ago..

amazon.co.uk/dp/…PL8

"Superview ® Mini M8S Pro T95N Google Android 6.0 TV Box 2GB 8GB 4K Amlogic S905 Quad Core with WiFi HDMI DLNA"

I find it's freezing a lot. Kodi appears fine, but flicking through the menus etc.. it can just lock up.

There is also no Bluetooth or Miracast out of the box.

I am new to this, are there better boxes under or around £50 if so, any recommendations?

I don't mind buying directly from China.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

18 Comments

Have you upgraded to the latest software update?
    Check if you have enough space.
    Should not freeze up as you have enough memory etc.
    Do a google search to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem.
    Check for reviews of this box. There should be plenty of YouTube videos with reviews these will have "common problems"

One final thing post your question on forums for this box.

Original Poster

It's 2 days old, nothing much installed on it. Plenty of space left.

There are a couple of amazon reviews saying the box freezes, but most okay. Maybe it's just the occasional Friday afternoon box?

i found all my answers on youtube give it a look.

Original Poster

urbanbushwacker

i found all my answers on youtube give it a look.

​There is no problem with kodi at all, just the box itself.

Original Poster

I will find an android tv forum and ask on there.

Please check for latest software updates. Some of these boxes do not have the latest software pre installed.

To eliminate network problems, try a wired connection. My wireless improved after installing LibreELEC

You'll be lucky to find any updates. My suggestion, install LibreELEC forum.libreelec.tv/thr…tml

Probably best to start with a factory reset. After the reset, do not add a google account or install any apps, just connect to internet (ideally via a wired connection), then
    check and install any system updates;
    repeat the check / install system updates until no further updates are found;
    "flick through the menus" to check if functionally stable;
    reboot and "flick through the menus" a few times to confirm you are satisfied the box is functioning OK.
    If still not stable, the box is probably worthy of a return, but if it is stable:
    then consider adding any accounts / apps, and probably best to add one app and re-test stability each time rather than add a bunch at the same time.

Update (if you can, check freaktab forums for a custom rom), try a factory reset and lastly and the by far the best option is LibreElec (if you want it for Kodi).

Let the add ons update before doing anything on kodi. I find trying to do something while add ons are updating sometimes causes it to freeze.

I had about 4 android boxes, none work better than amazon fire tv box. Is worth spending extra money.
    Kodi works perfect on it.

Or put kodi on your smartphone if you have one then share to your TV screen... Easy and cheapest

stefanjulia

I had about 4 android boxes, none work better than amazon fire tv box. Is … I had about 4 android boxes, none work better than amazon fire tv box. Is worth spending extra money.Kodi works perfect on it.

Op has said that Kodi works fine. It freezes while trying to scroll around the box.

I've reviewed the t95z and t95m on my YouTube channel, both good little boxes, the Z was the better box, M wasn't as good performance wise.
    Have you tried what people said and done a total factory reset?
    Also delete Kodi and install 16.1 yourself, the version on the t95m was rc1.
    If its that bad just get a refund and try another box

Edited by: "Toon_army" 26th Feb

Original Poster

Toon_army

I've reviewed the t95z and t95m on my YouTube channel, both good little … I've reviewed the t95z and t95m on my YouTube channel, both good little boxes, the Z was the better box, M wasn't as good performance wise.Have you tried what people said and done a total factory reset?Also delete Kodi and install 16.1 yourself, the version on the t95m was rc1.If its that bad just get a refund and try another box

​Thank you for help.

Have you tried the M8S II? Which is the better box?

I haven't tried a factory reset, I will give it a go.

Toon_army

I've reviewed the t95z and t95m on my YouTube channel, both good little … I've reviewed the t95z and t95m on my YouTube channel, both good little boxes, the Z was the better box, M wasn't as good performance wise.Have you tried what people said and done a total factory reset?Also delete Kodi and install 16.1 yourself, the version on the t95m was rc1.If its that bad just get a refund and try another box

I thought 17 was the latest version?

xiaomi is meant to be a v. good box with Netflix hd support and relatively cheap at approx 60 quid
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?55
      2. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..33
      3. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?11
      4. Tooth extraction1010

See more discussions