Android tv box

Posted 29th May
Hi. can someone recommend a good Android tv box? I have movie box pro in my iPhone and there is an app for Android box..Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
Xiaomi Mi Box S is good.
4K Firestick
Mi Box S
Nvidia Shield

They should be your only options - Personally I would firestick as it has all the UK TV apps (No iplayer on mi box, no all 4 on shield or mi box)

All other generic android boxes will be out of date, never updated poorly designed boxes with only 480p netflix which are not worth consdering.
Can you install any android apps on a firestick?
yep firestick 4k stable updates and cheap
MonkeysUncle29/05/2020 15:37

Can you install any android apps on a firestick?

yes u can via downloaner down that app
Personator123429/05/2020 15:25

4K FirestickMi Box SNvidia ShieldThey should be your only options - …4K FirestickMi Box SNvidia ShieldThey should be your only options - Personally I would firestick as it has all the UK TV apps (No iplayer on mi box, no all 4 on shield or mi box) All other generic android boxes will be out of date, never updated poorly designed boxes with only 480p netflix which are not worth consdering.

THank you..can you installed movies box pro un the fire stick though?
Jose_Mu29/05/2020 15:38

THank you..can you installed movies box pro un the fire stick though?

You can install any android app to a firestick so yes - google is your friend.
download downloader and google what app u want name app or name apk
Edited by: "kevlfc" 29th May
4K Firestick is far better option
Arto29/05/2020 15:43

4K Firestick is far better option

CAn you do airplay with it?
Jose_Mu29/05/2020 18:00

CAn you do airplay with it?

Yes but you need to download an app
Arto29/05/2020 19:26

Yes but you need to download an app

Which one please
There is plenty of them, use google to find one that suits you
Hey Jose can you pm an invitation code for this app?
Personator123429/05/2020 15:25

4K FirestickMi Box SNvidia ShieldThey should be your only options - …4K FirestickMi Box SNvidia ShieldThey should be your only options - Personally I would firestick as it has all the UK TV apps (No iplayer on mi box, no all 4 on shield or mi box) All other generic android boxes will be out of date, never updated poorly designed boxes with only 480p netflix which are not worth consdering.

Does the firestick have the nowtv app? That's pretty handy to have.
endofdays30/05/2020 01:36

Does the firestick have the nowtv app? That's pretty handy to have.

Nope Roku (now TV boxes) or Apple TV only.
Personator123430/05/2020 08:01

Nope Roku (now TV boxes) or Apple TV only.

What about your other suggestions, do they all have it?
endofdays30/05/2020 08:11

What about your other suggestions, do they all have it?

Yes firestick has all the UK catch-up apps and you can download android apps to it as well.
Personator123430/05/2020 08:16

Yes firestick has all the UK catch-up apps and you can download android …Yes firestick has all the UK catch-up apps and you can download android apps to it as well.

No, you said the only options people should look at were the firestick, mibox and nvidia. But I would need iplayer, so that means 2 out of 3 options are out of the window...
What's out of the window
endofdays30/05/2020 08:20

No, you said the only options people should look at were the firestick, …No, you said the only options people should look at were the firestick, mibox and nvidia. But I would need iplayer, so that means 2 out of 3 options are out of the window...

The shield has iPlayer but doesn't have all4 it's also very expensive and not worth the cost.
Surely you can install iplayer onto the mi box?
Cheeky2chops23/06/2020 09:31

Surely you can install iplayer onto the mi box?

Only the crappy phone version and navigate with a keyboard and mouse so no if the answer

You cancast to the box from iPlayer and that works fine however in my opinion that isn't a solution
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants