Android TV Box help

Posted 18th Feb
Hi,

I have a 3 year old A95x Android tv box and I want to upgrade it, can anyone suggest a good replacement? Would prefer one with 4K support but not critical.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
The nvidia shield is a good bit of kit..
Bargainhead18/02/2020 20:17

The nvidia shield is a good bit of kit..

It’s good but not ideal if your on a budget. I recommend a 4K Firestick
Arto18/02/2020 20:44

It’s good but not ideal if your on a budget. I recommend a 4K Firestick

I have both and the 4K firestick is ok and does the job but definitely not anywhere near the shield.
Bargainhead18/02/2020 20:50

I have both and the 4K firestick is ok and does the job but definitely not …I have both and the 4K firestick is ok and does the job but definitely not anywhere near the shield.

I know the Shield is better but is also 3x the price and not everyone can afford one
Arto18/02/2020 20:55

I know the Shield is better but is also 3x the price and not everyone can …I know the Shield is better but is also 3x the price and not everyone can afford one

Never said they could, but op never mentioned how much they wanted to spend, so I said the shield as it’s the best android box out there if you factor GeForce now as well. The price is only relative to the quality...

You could also stick kodi on an Xbox but they never asked about that either..
Bargainhead18/02/2020 21:06

Never said they could, but op never mentioned how much they wanted to …Never said they could, but op never mentioned how much they wanted to spend, so I said the shield as it’s the best android box out there if you factor GeForce now as well. The price is only relative to the quality...You could also stick kodi on an Xbox but they never asked about that either..

I previously had Kodi on my Xbox until I went to monitor
Arto18/02/2020 21:09

I previously had Kodi on my Xbox until I went to monitor

I personally prefer cinema or titanium apps on firestick or shield to kodi on Xbox or pc...

but why did you stop using kodi because of monitor?
Bargainhead18/02/2020 21:20

I personally prefer cinema or titanium apps on firestick or shield to kodi …I personally prefer cinema or titanium apps on firestick or shield to kodi on Xbox or pc...but why did you stop using kodi because of monitor?

I stopped using it in the Xbox I got a Firestick for the tv. I use it for Kodi (with Real Debrid) and IPTV
Virtually every box can ouput 4k, but typically above 720p Netflix and some other services requires approval / licencing that most generic boxes don't have and never will have. Random example of Mi-branded option with aging hardware that does have approval was posted few hours ago at £38 hotukdeals.com/dea…033 .
Otherwise a previous suggestion for latest-gen S905x3 4GB/32GB at around £25 here hotukdeals.com/com…299
Or the Direstick option, or marginally less laughable Direcube.
Coreelec on the a95x, but if not then the x96 air that someone linked to my post above. Tbh I have both and as the a95x does everything I throw out it I don't notice much difference even though the x96 is considerably faster, I never found the a95x slow.
Do the cheap and nasty boxes support HDR in netflix and amazon prime?

Budget no limit, get the shield, otherwise the 4k stick. I've ordered a cheapo £30 box from amazon yesterday, only for use with the broadlink rm pro but I can try out netflix and amazon if you like and see what format is sent to the TV.
MrKrabs18/02/2020 22:22

Do the cheap and nasty boxes support HDR in netflix and amazon …Do the cheap and nasty boxes support HDR in netflix and amazon prime?Budget no limit, get the shield, otherwise the 4k stick. I've ordered a cheapo £30 box from amazon yesterday, only for use with the broadlink rm pro but I can try out netflix and amazon if you like and see what format is sent to the TV.

Nearly all of the cheap (Chinese) android boxes don’t support HDR/4K on Netflix/Amazon Prime
4K Firestick is crazy good.
Lol I still use the nexus player. Great little box, though I use it for game streaming since its got low input lag (4ms). No 4k though, couldn't afford nvidia shield at the time and does the job done.
amazon 4k all ya need updates dont crash
Nvidia shield or 4k firestick depending on budget, both will be better than a cheap Android box with better software support.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants