Android TV Box with SPDIF out, not had much luck with a M8S II Mini

0 replies
Found 12th Sep 2016
Hi,

I've bought a TV box off of Amazon, I know I know.. :(, but it didn't do what I wanted.

I wanted one with a SPDIF interface to connect it to my Surround Amp and chose a 2G/8G M8S II Mini one. I like the actual unit, but I got the following issues.

1) - After playing something with TV Player (which worked surprisingly well), sometimes when I went into Plex the audio from the previous channel would start playing over the menu's or videos.. But not always.

2) - When a movie had Directors Commentary it would play it, even though the Audio stream selected wasn't it

3) - Movies would play nice for a while, freeze for a second.. Then when it started again the video would be at 2x speed, but the audio at it's normal speed.

Trying the same version of Plex on my Tablet all movies etc played normally.

What would recommend for me that might actually work this time.

The Android TV box was patched to the latest OTA version. I've already arranged a return with Amazon, but the vendor did ask me to download/install another firmware to try, but it's already gone.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions