Android / Umi Super Questions

Found 16th Jun 2016
I received my Umi Super this morning. Firstly I am very happy with it, so far.
I have a couple of questions. On my home screen there is a Google search bar - Is it possible to remove this? Ive tried touching and holding but that doesnt work. Also I have a permanent notification which says "App Permission Management is Running" - Very annoying, Is it possible to get rid of this somehow?
Thanks
Community Updates
AskAndroid
9 Comments
missdee23

I received my Umi Super this morning. Firstly I am very happy with … I received my Umi Super this morning. Firstly I am very happy with it, so far. I have a couple of questions. On my home screen there is a Google search bar - Is it possible to remove this? Ive tried touching and holding but that doesnt work. Also I have a permanent notification which says "App Permission Management is Running" - Very annoying, Is it possible to get rid of this somehow?Thanks

The only way I've found to get rid of the notification is to disable individual App Permisions in the settings.

Is your sim tray cover lose in it's housing by the way.
jimborae

The only way I've found to get rid of the notification is to disable … The only way I've found to get rid of the notification is to disable individual App Permisions in the settings. Is your sim tray cover lose in it's housing by the way.

How do I do that? I'm not very good with phones.
The end (silver bit) of the sim tray is slightly loose, nothing major.
How are you finding the battery and the phone overall?
I say best bet cos ive not seen the screen is download Aviate launcher from playstore and put that on ur phone. Watch ur experience shine!!! No need to worry bout the google bar
missdee23

How do I do that? I'm not very good with phones.The end (silver bit) … How do I do that? I'm not very good with phones.The end (silver bit) of the sim tray is slightly loose, nothing major. How are you finding the battery and the phone overall?

Battery life is good so my son tells me (he has the phone now). I think to disable the App permissions the easiest way is to pull down the notification, tap on it and that will take you the settings option if memory serves me correctly.

Re the sim tray cover (the silver bit) yes it's only slightly loose and I'm inclined to think they are meant to be that way as all owners I've asked it's the same. As you say, nought to be worrid about the sim is actually very secure in it's slot.
The only other bug I've found is that the alarm doesn't appear to work, my boy has one set for 6pm each night to remind him to feed the dog and so far it's failed to go off every night. Poor doggy........:)
Home screen question..... If you go settings - home is the launcher set as Google now? If so I think that's baked in.
If you don't like how your launcher behaves look for a new one.
Nova, apex, action launcher are all good and have a wealth of customisations you can do over other launchers.
jimborae

The only other bug I've found is that the alarm doesn't appear to work, … The only other bug I've found is that the alarm doesn't appear to work, my boy has one set for 6pm each night to remind him to feed the dog and so far it's failed to go off every night. Poor doggy........:)

Thanks to everyone for the input My 2 questions have been resolved. One other question I forgot about is the fast charger that came with the Umi doesn't seem very good. Does anyone have any recommendations of one I could buy from Amazon or elsewhere? I'm not sure what type of port the Umi Super has, I know its not mini usb but its similar
It's a USB C, as for recommendations for a charger that's harder just look on Amazon for them and read the reviews. Personally I've had good results with Anker & Tronsmart brands
jimborae

It's a USB C, as for recommendations for a charger that's harder just … It's a USB C, as for recommendations for a charger that's harder just look on Amazon for them and read the reviews. Personally I've had good results with Anker & Tronsmart brands

Thanks Is it just the plug which is the fast charger? Nothing to do with which usb cable I use?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants