Groups

Android Users (G1 + HTC Magic) What are your favourite apps?

As above, What are your favourite apps, why and what do you use them for?

4 Comments

doom -= classic game
    lock 2.0 - i love this iphone style locking system and it is skinnable for many looks
    last fm - streaming music
    ak notepad - for quick notes
    meebo - im eg. msn messenger, yahoo etc,
    shopsavvy - barcode scanner which looks for best price
    shazam - tells you info about any song that you may hear on a radio or anywhere else
    chomp sms - nice messaging app!
    bonsai blast - nice addictive game
    apps installer - too install any computer downloaded apps
    wifi tether - for rooted phones gives my laptop 3g internet
    DroidSans Tweak Tools - Excellent for customising your phone.

I recommend rooting your phone too!

I HAVE a G1 and I love it!

Original Poster

Is it worth Rooting the G1? what exactly does it do? and is it tricky?
    and im especially interested in the WIFI Tether. wouldnt that take you over fair usage?

rooting the g1 lets you do loadsa stuff like use wifi tether install apps on an sd card instead of the meagre memory inside the g1 and lots of other stuff too. Its quite easy if you go through some noob guides over at the xda developer forums just use one of JesusFreke's firmwares

Also forgot, I also use ahome (full version) as my main screen instead of Google's home screen as I think ahome is nicer.

I also got guitar hero today which seems like a nice game even on the G1!

Although mind you I havent paid for any of my apps on the G1 .... even the ones above!. :thumbsup::roll::w00t::whistling: I'll saynomore!

Original Poster

amzmalhotra;5176832

rooting the g1 lets you do loadsa stuff like use wifi tether install apps … rooting the g1 lets you do loadsa stuff like use wifi tether install apps on an sd card instead of the meagre memory inside the g1 and lots of other stuff too. Its quite easy if you go through some noob guides over at the xda developer forums just use one of JesusFreke's firmwaresAlso forgot, I also use ahome (full version) as my main screen instead of Google's home screen as I think ahome is nicer.I also got guitar hero today which seems like a nice game even on the G1!Although mind you I havent paid for any of my apps on the G1 .... even the ones above!. :thumbsup::roll::w00t::whistling: I'll saynomore!

you got a link to the easies one to follow?
    can you still access the app store all fine and everything with a rooted phone?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.513
      2. One for the mathmeticians2539
      3. Cat Chat77744
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047177

See more discussions