Android watch recomendations

11 replies
Found 15th Nov 2016
Im after an android watch 1 for android and 1 for apple ios any recomendations

11 Comments

I can only talk about the ones I've got (all Android wear). The Moto 360 is nice but the more you look at it, the more it feels like it doesn't belong.

The LG G Watch R was my favourite but after a year of use, the black paint has been falling off a little too easily for my liking and it doesn't look great anymore.

The LG Urbane is basically the G Watch R in a different shell (even if they claim it's not) but the shell for mine has lasted a year without looking like it's peeling away.

My current favourite is the Huawei but I couldn't justify the price tag for that so haven't bought it... yet.

If you like square watches/are on a budget - check out the sony smartwatch 3.

Original Poster

thx what about the cheaper ones u ever had any of them

scotty071280

thx what about the cheaper ones u ever had any of them

think whether you really need a smartwatch.
if you only want step/sleep/activity tracking get something like withings or fibit
if you want to have some notification info you could start with MI band 2 and see how happy you are with that

apple/android watches are just pointless gear. battery hardly lasts few days, they are bulky and after a year become slow because they cannot handle latest software.

I have withings pop, it looks like normal watch but does the activity tracking and that is all I need ohh and battery lasts 6 months at minimum. Before that I was really eager to get moto 360 but probably would regret that in a month or so... you still have to use your phone to reply to messages etc...
Edited by: "mattsk" 15th Nov 2016

Original Poster

its for an xmas present for teenage soon dont want to spend loads incase he breaks it

Pebble all the way

scotty071280

its for an xmas present for teenage soon dont want to spend loads incase … its for an xmas present for teenage soon dont want to spend loads incase he breaks it

Sony Smartwatch 3. Doubt you'll find a better value for money full Androidwear Smartwatch.

mattsokolinski

think whether you really need a smartwatch.if you only want … think whether you really need a smartwatch.if you only want step/sleep/activity tracking get something like withings or fibitif you want to have some notification info you could start with MI band 2 and see how happy you are with thatapple/android watches are just pointless gear. battery hardly lasts few days, they are bulky and after a year become slow because they cannot handle latest software.I have withings pop, it looks like normal watch but does the activity tracking and that is all I need ohh and battery lasts 6 months at minimum. Before that I was really eager to get moto 360 but probably would regret that in a month or so... you still have to use your phone to reply to messages etc...

​I managed to get my first gen moto for £99. After updates it improved no end and us a good item to own.

Yes, it needs to be charged daily, but that doesn't bother me, I just charge it at night.

I use mine regularly throughout the day for various things.

I have an lg urbane. Battery lasts me 2 days. I really like how it looks like a watch rather then some sort of tech. Currently have a fake tag watch face on it, was getting a little bored of the fake Rolex I had

Pebble supports both android and apple.

I have had the classic and time versions

mattsokolinski

think whether you really need a smartwatch.if you only want … think whether you really need a smartwatch.if you only want step/sleep/activity tracking get something like withings or fibitif you want to have some notification info you could start with MI band 2 and see how happy you are with thatapple/android watches are just pointless gear. battery hardly lasts few days, they are bulky and after a year become slow because they cannot handle latest software.I have withings pop, it looks like normal watch but does the activity tracking and that is all I need ohh and battery lasts 6 months at minimum. Before that I was really eager to get moto 360 but probably would regret that in a month or so... you still have to use your phone to reply to messages etc...

Firstly since a present for someone who wants to try I'd 2nd the Pebble which was recommended.
After that I fully agree with Matt. It is the ultimate tech gadget that techs want but see no real reason nor does your head say why you want to buy, but you buy anyhow lol. My friend got a Sony SMW3 at the same time I got the Huawei watch (warehouse deals bargain was my justification lol) after living with one for about 8 weeks I've zero regrets to selling. Below of course just my personal options from using.

Yee look I can have different face - after few weeks bored who cares I look to see what time it is.

I can get my text message notifications of my watch saving me bringing out my 40" Telly as my friends say (the joys of owning a Nexus 6P with such a large screen lol) - few weeks later - that message is long I can't be bothered reading more than one line on my watch.

I can see who's calling me before I decide to bring out my phone and look I can reject the call from here. - Few weeks after still you glance at watch decide to answer, try to find which pocket or where your phone is losing the call in between times to voicemail.

Cool it's soo annoying when I go to work and remember I've left my phone at home. If I have my watch on it lets me know I'm outside range of my phone so I remember to lift. - In work head to restroom leaving phone on desk, watch vibrating away reminding me I left my phone on the desk grrrrr.

Leaves phone downstairs on charge - grrr watch is busy vibrating telling me I forgot my phone..I know..I know alright I did it on purpose grrr.
Yes you can change that notification but just showing how something I liked the idea of really (as forgetting my phone which I need for work is just soo annoying!)

Get into my car and drive - ohh darn I forgot to flick bluetooth to my car and my hand is ringing - tries to talk into watch and listen to call from pathetic speaker. In reverse also "why didn't my watch tell me I had a phonecall - ohh wait forgot to flick bluetooth"

Fitness/Steps/Sleep tracker stuff etc - nothing my Mi Band 2 can't already do and at least I never worry about how heavy the rain is nor worrying about scratching the screen.

Or maybe I'm becoming a grumpy old man lol.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Nov 2016

cecilmcroberts

Firstly since a present for someone who wants to try I'd 2nd the Pebble … Firstly since a present for someone who wants to try I'd 2nd the Pebble which was recommended.After that I fully agree with Matt. It is the ultimate tech gadget that techs want but see no real reason nor does your head say why you want to buy, but you buy anyhow lol. My friend got a Sony SMW3 at the same time I got the Huawei watch (warehouse deals bargain was my justification lol) after living with one for about 8 weeks I've zero regrets to selling. Below of course just my personal options from using. Yee look I can have different face - after few weeks bored who cares I look to see what time it is.I can get my text message notifications of my watch saving me bringing out my 40" Telly as my friends say (the joys of owning a Nexus 6P with such a large screen lol) - few weeks later - that message is long I can't be bothered reading more than one line on my watch. I can see who's calling me before I decide to bring out my phone and look I can reject the call from here. - Few weeks after still you glance at watch decide to answer, try to find which pocket or where your phone is losing the call in between times to voicemail. Cool it's soo annoying when I go to work and remember I've left my phone at home. If I have my watch on it lets me know I'm outside range of my phone so I remember to lift. - In work head to restroom leaving phone on desk, watch vibrating away reminding me I left my phone on the desk grrrrr. Leaves phone downstairs on charge - grrr watch is busy vibrating telling me I forgot my phone..I know..I know alright I did it on purpose grrr. Yes you can change that notification but just showing how something I liked the idea of really (as forgetting my phone which I need for work is just soo annoying!)Get into my car and drive - ohh darn I forgot to flick bluetooth to my car and my hand is ringing - tries to talk into watch and listen to call from pathetic speaker. In reverse also "why didn't my watch tell me I had a phonecall - ohh wait forgot to flick bluetooth"Fitness/Steps/Sleep tracker stuff etc - nothing my Mi Band 2 can't already do and at least I never worry about how heavy the rain is nor worrying about scratching the screen. Or maybe I'm becoming a grumpy old man lol.

Except fro mi band and withing ive not had a proper smartwatch.... but i can totally see your point and agree with you.... its like android fanboys will tell you that you cannot customise your homescreen on iphone... who the fcuk cares,
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions