Found 14th Jun 2009
Spoilers Within

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
36 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Andy Murray, British Tennis Player, has won Queens today.

Well done Andy. So good to see a British player doing well

Original Poster Banned

In before the anglophobes :w00t::w00t::whistling::p:thumbsup:

Well done Andy

coool

guv;5489875

Andy Murray, British Tennis Player, has won Queens today.Well done Andy. … Andy Murray, British Tennis Player, has won Queens today.Well done Andy. So good to see a British player doing well

Well done also! If he had lost would you still have called him british? lol

Original Poster Banned

DD98;5489963

Well done also! If he had lost would you still have called him british? … Well done also! If he had lost would you still have called him british? lol

+1

I noticed him thanking the British support and backing he had in his after match interview.

Aye, shame he's a hibbee. Still, at least he supports paraguay. :whistling::thumbsup:

Thats great, a Brit hasn't won at Queens for 70 odd years I don't think. And it's the first tournament Murray has won on grass, good on him!

guv;5489875

Andy Murray, British Tennis Player, has won Queens today.Well done Andy. … Andy Murray, British Tennis Player, has won Queens today.Well done Andy. So good to see a Scottish player doing well

Fixed that for you mate:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

guv;5489878

In before the anglophobes

moob;5490538

Fixed that for you mate:thumbsup:

and we have a winner!!! :p:p:w00t::whistling:

He's a great player , no matter nationality, and the fact he is seeded 3 shows this. Murray to Win Wimbledon

guv;5490545

Yeah, I like to play along, Mr St George's Flag treehouse. :lol:

Original Poster Banned

moob;5490578

Yeah, I like to play along, Mr St George's Flag treehouse. :lol:

hehe... I was struggling with that..... but just fell in!:p

guv;5490545

Hey, no fair. Surely I won for quoting Murray wearing a Paraguay top when they were playing the sassenachs and saying he would support any team playing England. :cry:

Original Poster Banned

Bigred01;5490920

Hey, no fair. Surely I won for quoting Murray wearing a Paraguay top when … Hey, no fair. Surely I won for quoting Murray wearing a Paraguay top when they were playing the sassenachs and saying he would support any team playing England. :cry:

Noooo. You needed to make it clearer.... and what's Paraguay got to do with it? (Or were you referring to their neighbours Argentina?)

Either way, you fail.

sickly sweet;5490332

Thats great, a Brit hasn't won at Queens for 70 odd years I don't think. … Thats great, a Brit hasn't won at Queens for 70 odd years I don't think. And it's the first tournament Murray has won on grass, good on him!

Well he passed the dope test so where did you get your info from ?

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;5491142

Well he passed the dope test so where did you get your info from ?

LOL

Well done Andy, but England have just beaten India in the World Twenty 20 so will probably take the glory away from your achievement. Sorry Andy, but you really should support all of Britain. XXX.

Well done Andy, was a good match. Out of his 12 title this was his first title on grass.
What a great way to head into wimbledon in 2 weeks time.

lady111;5491600

Well done Andy, but England have just beaten India in the World Twenty 20 … Well done Andy, but England have just beaten India in the World Twenty 20 so will probably take the glory away from your achievement. Sorry Andy, but you really should support all of Britain. XXX.

I love to see a Brit win - but my husband can't forgive Murray for his previous comments about not supporting England (Not that I expect him to support the England Football team). But he is a British National, and a public figure so should have been more cautious.

It is good to see him win - but I think it is a shame we don't have more british tennis talent.

Butterflies;5491691

I love to see a Brit win - but my husband can't forgive Murray for his … I love to see a Brit win - but my husband can't forgive Murray for his previous comments about not supporting England (Not that I expect him to support the England Football team). But he is a British National, and a public figure so should have been more cautious.It is good to see him win - but I think it is a shame we don't have more british tennis talent.

Indeed.

Banned

Butterflies;5491691

I love to see a Brit win - but my husband can't forgive Murray for his … I love to see a Brit win - but my husband can't forgive Murray for his previous comments about not supporting England (Not that I expect him to support the England Football team). But he is a British National, and a public figure so should have been more cautious.It is good to see him win - but I think it is a shame we don't have more british tennis talent.

I actually like the fact he is honest. He's not boring like Tiger Tim, which is why the grannies haven't taken to him yet and he's not all smiles on the court.

FilthAndFurry;5491780

I actually like the fact he is honest. He's not boring like Tiger Tim, … I actually like the fact he is honest. He's not boring like Tiger Tim, which is why the grannies haven't taken to him yet and he's not all smiles on the court.

No I agree that he isn't boring like Tiger Tim. But he is a public figure, and can't make the comments he made without losing some fans. We are divided in our household, like I say, I still support Andy Murray - but my husband does not.

FilthAndFurry;5491780

I actually like the fact he is honest. He's not boring like Tiger Tim, … I actually like the fact he is honest. He's not boring like Tiger Tim, which is why the grannies haven't taken to him yet and he's not all smiles on the court.

I completly agree with you, his is a public figure and why hide the fact he dosn't support something, if only more were like him what you see is what you get.
I don't support the English when they play.

guv;5490977

Noooo. You needed to make it clearer.... and what's Paraguay got to do … Noooo. You needed to make it clearer.... and what's Paraguay got to do with it? (Or were you referring to their neighbours Argentina?)Either way, you fail.

Na, nothing to do with Argentina but thanks for reminding me of that, brought a smile to my face.

theregister.co.uk/200…ar/

macdoona;5491844

I completly agree with you, his is a public figure and why hide the fact … I completly agree with you, his is a public figure and why hide the fact he dosn't support something, if only more were like him what you see is what you get.I don't support the English when they play.

Well done... anther English hater.

When will Britons be British and a United Kingdom.

How small minded can we be?

Banned

lady111;5491926

Well done... anther English hater.When will Britons be British and a … Well done... anther English hater.When will Britons be British and a United Kingdom.How small minded can we be?

Next we'll be dividing up areas in each country and supporting a 'team' in each of these places.

I envisage a day when people from somewhere like Liverpool might dislike the team from Manchester and vice versa.

I hear it's a sign of the apocalypse.

lady111;5491926

Well done... anther English hater.When will Britons be British and a … Well done... anther English hater.When will Britons be British and a United Kingdom.How small minded can we be?

Perhaps it's got something to do with the way that the English have treated the Scottish people throughout history.

Respect must be earned , you reap what you sow. :whistling:

Well Done Andy Murray. ;-)

lady111;5491926

No my hubby is a Londoner and 2 of my children were born in London. i just follow my roots when it comes to supporting someone.
If he had lost he would have been classed as Scottish not British and if Blake had won they would of hyped up his English parentage.

We should celebrate Britishness, guys.

lady111;5492122

We should celebrate Britishness, guys.

I'm with you mate - I will support England, Ireland Scotland or Wales when they are playing... of course I would favour England, as that would be natural if England were playing one of the other parts of the UK!

If the English must forever pay for how they have treated the Scots in the past, then the Germans must still pay for what they have done to the Jews etc etc.... Let hatred beget hatred and the world will never be a better place.

Original Poster Banned

Bigred01;5491885

Na, nothing to do with Argentina but thanks for reminding me of that, … Na, nothing to do with Argentina but thanks for reminding me of that, brought a smile to my face.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/29/murray_blog_war/

Hehe... Yeh, I remember that now.

Luckily, I'm not bitter and still wish him well.:thumbsup:

:viking:Good Luck Andy.:viking:

Banned

Shambolic;5569118

:viking:Good Luck Andy.:viking:

yeah break a leg! (no seriously please do!!:thumbsup: )

rm13_hammer;5569151

:?

Banned

rm13_hammer;5569151

What a bitter little boy:roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions