Groups

Andy Murray

Maybe next year?
    Going to lose his first round match today!!

67 Comments

bit early to be predicting that!

Are you watching or is it just a prediction ?

Original Poster

Tazzer;5569760

Are you watching or is just a prediction ?

both:thumbsup:

I've had to turn over because my daughter wanted HER PROGRAMMES on!

I suppose I should look the scores up on the net hey!

There's a live scoreboard available on the wimbeldon website

wimbledon.org/en_…tml then click "Live Scores" on the right

I hope he fails miserably

It's live on Iplayer also.

Butterflies;5569789

I've had to turn over because my daughter wanted HER PROGRAMMES on!

She needs introducing to the cupboard.

:-D

dandoc2;5569825

I hope he fails miserably

why?

he is struggling abit but should pull clear now

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5569865

why?

here comes the Brit/Scottish debate:thumbsup:

skusey;5569879

No not at all, just surely we should be cheering for someone who comes from the same country as us, that being the UK?

skusey;5569879

Yeap.

But I LOVE the scots personally - but I don't like what he said and I think he should have been more responsible as a public figure!

Any scottish man that wants to send me a voice recording to sooth my weary head - feel free. Mmmm

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5569896

No not at all, just surely we should be cheering for someone who comes … No not at all, just surely we should be cheering for someone who comes from the same country as us, that being the UK?

I was refering to dandocs comment:thumbsup:
    I hope he wins:)

Butterflies;5569905

Yeap.But I LOVE the scots personally - but I don't like what he said and … Yeap.But I LOVE the scots personally - but I don't like what he said and I think he should have been more responsible as a public figure!Any scottish man that wants to send me a voice recording to sooth my weary head - feel free. Mmmm

Ohhh what did he say? What have I missed?

Is it still going with serve?

AshleyRFC;5569931

Ohhh what did he say? What have I missed?

mirror.co.uk/new…31/

A nice piece for unity!

Original Poster

Butterflies;5569936

Is it still going with serve?

1 set all, Murray up 5-3, Murray serving for the 3rd set

AshleyRFC;5569865

why?

hes quite arrogant and he isnt even good - since henman went everyone seems to think hes the best british player but he really isnt

I have to say he is good and much better than Henman was . He beats Federer regularly

Banned

dandoc2;5569988

hes quite arrogant and he isnt even good - since henman went everyone … hes quite arrogant and he isnt even good - since henman went everyone seems to think hes the best british player but he really isnt

Don't confuse confidence with arrogance. Having said that, nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance.

Who is the best British player if Murray isn't? Is it one of the other British guys playing today or some guy down the pub that you know?

Original Poster

dandoc2;5569988

hes quite arrogant and he isnt even good - since henman went everyone … hes quite arrogant and he isnt even good - since henman went everyone seems to think hes the best british player but he really isnt

He is ranked number 3 in the world and has won far more than Henman already, as for being arrogant, I tend to agree

AshleyRFC;5569896

No not at all, just surely we should be cheering for someone who comes … No not at all, just surely we should be cheering for someone who comes from the same country as us, that being the UK?

hmmmmm

:?

ChipSticks;5570031

hmmmmm:?

No?

Butterflies;5569955

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/columnists/parsons/2009/06/19/it-s-time-for-the-english-to-back-andy-murray-115875-21455531/A nice piece for unity!

Not even a quote in that from Murray and a journalists perspective.

AshleyRFC;5570088

Not even a quote in that from Murray and a journalists perspective.

No this is just something to try to rally people together to forgive and forget... They don't want to drag in what he said as it makes it more real.

He said it a few years ago but people haven't forgiven Murray - do you really insist I go back looking for an article?

How many games does he need to win this match? I don't normally watch tennis >_>

Butterflies;5570116

No this is just something to try to rally people together to forgive and … No this is just something to try to rally people together to forgive and forget... They don't want to drag in what he said as it makes it more real.He said it a few years ago but people haven't forgiven Murray - do you really insist I go back looking for an article?

Well you've obviously not forgotten so why not just tell me lol.

Butterflies;5570116

No this is just something to try to rally people together to forgive and … No this is just something to try to rally people together to forgive and forget... They don't want to drag in what he said as it makes it more real.He said it a few years ago but people haven't forgiven Murray - do you really insist I go back looking for an article?

you do realise he was joking around with amongst others tim henman when he said this apparent piece of vitriol. It was a piece of off the cuff banter with friends thats been hijacked and blown way out of proportion and context.

rwm24;5570130

How many games does he need to win this match? I don't normally watch … How many games does he need to win this match? I don't normally watch tennis >_>

6 with 2 clear in the first 4 sets, unless it goes to tie at 6 each, then it could become 7 games to 6.

In the 5th set if its 2 sets each you must win by 2 games, no tie breaker in the final set.

ants97;5570137

you do realise he was joking around with amongst others tim henman when … you do realise he was joking around with amongst others tim henman when he said this apparent piece of vitriol. It was a piece of off the cuff banter with friends thats been hijacked and blown way out of proportion and context.

Hey antsy.

Oh jeez how warm is it in Glasgow today, melting here.

Hot weather + Leather couch = Not good. :-D

AshleyRFC;5570085
    No?

Yes.

I can't read.

too much sun.

lol

AshleyRFC;5570154

Hey antsy.Oh jeez how warm is it in Glasgow today, melting here.Hot … Hey antsy.Oh jeez how warm is it in Glasgow today, melting here.Hot weather + Leather couch = Not good. :-D

yep it's been boiling:-D, though my hayfever is going nuts so I'm sitting in partial darkness with the windows closed and one hell of a runny nose:oops:

I would just like to point out that I support Andy Murray - but my husband does not! Like I said in my previous posts - I also love the scottish accent! (I accosted a scots man on holiday - need there be more proof) :giggle:

It was because he said that he wanted ENgland to lose in the World Cup...

Not because he doesn't support England - there is no reason for him to support England.

Now it is all said to have been in jest, I didn't really take much notice of it at the time - but Many England fans did and took it to heart.

ChipSticks;5570178
    Yes.

I can't read.

too much sun.

lol

Oooooo a fluffy belly button. :w00t:

Butterflies;5570201

I would just like to point out that I support Andy Murray - but my … I would just like to point out that I support Andy Murray - but my husband does not! Like I said in my previous posts - I also love the scottish accent! (I accosted a scots man on holiday - need there be more proof) :giggle:It was because he said that he wanted ENgland to lose in the World Cup... Not because he doesn't support England - there is no reason for him to support England.Now it is all said to have been in jest, I didn't really take much notice of it at the time - but Many England fans did and took it to heart.

Yeah cos England fans want the Scots to do well, I agree its a bit of give and take banter.

ants97;5570179

yep it's been boiling:-D, though my hayfever is going nuts so I'm sitting … yep it's been boiling:-D, though my hayfever is going nuts so I'm sitting in partial darkness with the windows closed and one hell of a runny nose:oops:

Aww no, I've got a bit of a head cold.

So to cheer myself up I'm having some cheeky v's.:thumbsup:

Game..Set...Match...MURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great prediction by the op:whistling:

You got it wrong and you were actually watching it live, Skusey??
    Hold on to that day job.:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One S or Xbox One X11
      2. Need help with home Internet dropping out please56
      3. Best Wi-Fi extender33
      4. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22

See more discussions