Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet

Found 20th Oct 2017
bbc.co.uk/new…667

He tweeted: "Just out report: 'United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.' Not good, we must keep America safe!"
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
livinthedream16 m ago

Really ? 90% of grooming is committed by 5% of the population who are from …Really ? 90% of grooming is committed by 5% of the population who are from a certain background but I suppose if your idol married a child and that's where you seek your inspiration that that may make it ok in your mind ? taqiyya is a bad bad thing

Shockingly almost 100% of grooming victims are horses.
coys6751 m ago

Seems to me his tweet was accurate, crime has risen by 13% and radical …Seems to me his tweet was accurate, crime has risen by 13% and radical islamic terror is spreading across the UK.What am i missing?

The bit where Trump clumsily tries to link the two.

The increase in crime in the UK has no bearing on the safety of US citizens in USA.

The increase in radical Islamic terror in the U.K. has a minuscule bearing on the increase in crime in the UK

Trump should concentrate on US gun laws if he’s actually bothered about keeping Americans safe
These tweets are diversions, in the meantime, the stealthy actions go unnoticed by the public.
Seems to me his tweet was accurate, crime has risen by 13% and radical islamic terror is spreading across the UK.

What am i missing?
118 Comments
Either Trump is ignorant or playing political games. There is no excuse for either.
These tweets are diversions, in the meantime, the stealthy actions go unnoticed by the public.
He's actually breaking twitters T's and C's, so they should block his account
While he is obviously wrong in his interpretation of the statistics, I wonder if he would have still been condemned if he had quoted the true figure of 2%? It might be a small figure compared with 13%, but it’s still significant
Destard21 m ago

Ah, the darling of the right.Is it just me, or is there a link between …Ah, the darling of the right.Is it just me, or is there a link between Trump sympathisers, Tory voters, Brexit voters, stupid people and racists?As in, if you are one of those, then you are likely to also be all of the rest too.Seems that way anyway.

Definitely. Statistical studies prove that all Brexit voters are racists.
Why is this guy allowed to spew out untruths, and then bleat on about "fake news"?
This is the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.
You'd think he'd have a little dignity and all these tweets are beneath him given his position.
He comes across as an internet troll with an audience.
Seems to me his tweet was accurate, crime has risen by 13% and radical islamic terror is spreading across the UK.

What am i missing?
Stick him in a straight jacket and portable padded cell already and drop it in an ISIS stronghold.
He'll really be tweeting himself then.
Dejaque2k27 m ago

Definitely. Statistical studies prove that all Brexit voters are racists.

What an idiotic comment, but then .......
watto152 m ago

He's actually breaking twitters T's and C's, so they should block his …He's actually breaking twitters T's and C's, so they should block his account

They wouldn't take action when he threatened North Korea with violence (via a tweet), citing something about being publicly relevant or of interest to the public or something.
So doubt they'd care much now.
Edited by: "Uranus" 20th Oct 2017
Predikuesi1 h, 18 m ago

While he is obviously wrong in his interpretation of the statistics, I …While he is obviously wrong in his interpretation of the statistics, I wonder if he would have still been condemned if he had quoted the true figure of 2%? It might be a small figure compared with 13%, but it’s still significant

Any connection made between the increase of crime in the UK and radical Islam should be condemned as their is no basis for it.
coys6741 m ago

Seems to me his tweet was accurate, crime has risen by 13% and radical …Seems to me his tweet was accurate, crime has risen by 13% and radical islamic terror is spreading across the UK.What am i missing?

A direct correlation?
Predikuesi35 m ago

What an idiotic comment, but then .......

I think he was being sarcastic....
Wow... he just takes it further and further every time
I think he read this article and reworded it Link
coys6751 m ago

The bit where Trump clumsily tries to link the two.

The increase in crime in the UK has no bearing on the safety of US citizens in USA.

The increase in radical Islamic terror in the U.K. has a minuscule bearing on the increase in crime in the UK

Trump should concentrate on US gun laws if he’s actually bothered about keeping Americans safe
3ak4 m ago

Wow... he just takes it further and further every time

It's quite possible that the Donald could have 7 years left. American presidents normally get reelected lol.
Edited by: "RedLozzer" 20th Oct 2017
RedLozzer14 m ago

A direct correlation?

I mean arggh, i hate to be that guy but we have seen the highest number of deaths due to terrorist attacks in a long time in the UK this year, so the crime statistics do reflect this, especially in stabbings for obvious reasons, with London seeing the greatest jump. So if one were to super over simplify and bang your into a brick wall 'til brain damage set in you can see where Trump got this stupid idea from. Though it really is a stupid idea.

telegraph.co.uk/new…uk/
Destard1 h, 6 m ago

Why is this guy allowed to spew out untruths, and then bleat on about …Why is this guy allowed to spew out untruths, and then bleat on about "fake news"?This is the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.You'd think he'd have a little dignity and all these tweets are beneath him given his position.He comes across as an internet troll with an audience.

He got elected doing this and it isn't doing him any harm atm with his "base".

The people who elected him are going to be very reluctant to stop supporting him as they will be admitting they were played by a conman. When their lives dont change for the better they will blame the establishment, the GOP etc and not Trump.
I’ve ignored Trumps tweets for a while now. He’s all mouth and no brain (I still wonder why America elected him).
MR112324 m ago

I think he read this article and reworded it Link

Apart from the radical Islam link.

Trump probably watched something on Fox News. Given the shocking lack of journalistic integrity on that shite channel we should be worried.
catbeans23 m ago

I mean arggh, i hate to be that guy but we have seen the highest number of …I mean arggh, i hate to be that guy but we have seen the highest number of deaths due to terrorist attacks in a long time in the UK this year, so the crime statistics do reflect this, especially in stabbings for obvious reasons, with London seeing the greatest jump. So if one were to super over simplify and bang your into a brick wall 'til brain damage set in you can see where Trump got this stupid idea from. Though it really is a stupid idea.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/many-people-killed-terrorist-attacks-uk/

Don't forget Trump personally has defeated ISIS in 9 months. The Whitehouse has been a little slow in admitting that ISIS affiliates killed 4 US soldiers at the beginning of the month in Niger.......
Dolphinzz13 m ago

I’ve ignored Trumps tweets for a while now. He’s all mouth and no brain (I …I’ve ignored Trumps tweets for a while now. He’s all mouth and no brain (I still wonder why America elected him).

Because there are large parts of the USA in the middle that have suffered greatly from globalisation. Trump has promised them a return to the 1950s. It obviously won't happen.
RedLozzer58 m ago

A direct correlation?

There is no correlation in his tweet, thats not what "amid" means.
OllieSt1 h, 0 m ago

The bit where Trump clumsily tries to link the two. The increase in crime …The bit where Trump clumsily tries to link the two. The increase in crime in the UK has no bearing on the safety of US citizens in USA. The increase in radical Islamic terror in the U.K. has a minuscule bearing on the increase in crime in the UKTrump should concentrate on US gun laws if he’s actually bothered about keeping Americans safe

He has not made a link between the two, in fact the wording he uses makes clear they are separate issues (crime rate and the spread of terror caused by islamic terror)

Of course crime in the UK has an effect on US citizens, there are hundreds of thousands of Americans living in the UK and i would imagine a multiple of that visiting as tourists and for business.

He did not say that radical islamic terror had any impact on the crime figures.

The UK and US are allies, both members of NATO (for now) and both have been influential in the "War on terror" like it or not any security problems in this country has a direct knock on effect on the US.
coys6746 m ago

There is no correlation in his tweet, thats not what "amid" means.

No doubt you will also argue that "keep America safe" has no connection to what he said earlier in the tweet lol.
Edited by: "RedLozzer" 20th Oct 2017
coys6734 m ago

He has not made a link between the two, in fact the wording he uses makes …He has not made a link between the two, in fact the wording he uses makes clear they are separate issues (crime rate and the spread of terror caused by islamic terror)Of course crime in the UK has an effect on US citizens, there are hundreds of thousands of Americans living in the UK and i would imagine a multiple of that visiting as tourists and for business.He did not say that radical islamic terror had any impact on the crime figures.The UK and US are allies, both members of NATO (for now) and both have been influential in the "War on terror" like it or not any security problems in this country has a direct knock on effect on the US.

Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror." Not good, we must keep America safe!

He talked about America, not Americans. Statistically Americans visiting U.K. would be safer. We don’t have anywhere near the same crime rates as the US. Granted an American would have more chance of getting caught up in a radical Islamic terror attack in the U.K. than in USA, but that not what he said.

So what is he implying when he talks about keeping America safe?

Whats your take on the word amid
Go Trump!!! #MAGA #MBGA
SDLiam7 m ago

Go Trump!!! #MAGA #MBGA

Can you expand on that sir?
OllieSt22 m ago

Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of …Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror." Not good, we must keep America safe!He talked about America, not Americans. Statistically Americans visiting U.K. would be safer. We don’t have anywhere near the same crime rates as the US. Granted an American would have more chance of getting caught up in a radical Islamic terror attack in the U.K. than in USA, but that not what he said.So what is he implying when he talks about keeping America safe?Whats your take on the word amid

I can't assume what he is trying to imply that would be impossible but an example could be, "Our allies in the UK are seeing a huge rise in their crime figures and are also dealing with islamic terror offences spreading, this is not good and we have to learn from their experiences to keep America safe"
coys6710 m ago

I can't assume what he is trying to imply that would be impossible but an …I can't assume what he is trying to imply that would be impossible but an example could be, "Our allies in the UK are seeing a huge rise in their crime figures and are also dealing with islamic terror offences spreading, this is not good and we have to learn from their experiences to keep America safe"

Troll.
livinthedream10 m ago

Really ? 90% of grooming is committed by 5% of the population who are from …Really ? 90% of grooming is committed by 5% of the population who are from a certain background but I suppose if your idol married a child and that's where you seek your inspiration that that may make it ok in your mind ? taqiyya is a bad bad thing

Sir, it's probably best you read this thread from the beginning.
RedLozzer25 m ago

Can you expand on that sir?

Is it MCGA?
Trump is right. It's far too dangerous for him to come here. He should cancel his trip immediately. Keep Great Britain safe.
livinthedream16 m ago

Shockingly almost 100% of grooming victims are horses.
RedLozzer14 m ago

Sir, it's probably best you read this thread from the beginning.

Radical isalamic terror and the rise in UK crime are connected and anything that is left wing swp antifa blm hate trump
A lot of crime has increased by radical terrorists (don't need to be isis to be a terroist ) grooming and raping and killing in the UK I agree
Edited by: "livinthedream" 20th Oct 2017
RedLozzer19 m ago

Troll.

For someone who has so much to say for themselves i am surprised your best retort is an ad hominem attack, if that is the best you have too offer i am disappointed.
livinthedream14 m ago

Glad you an make a joke out of children being passed like dirt by moslem …Glad you an make a joke out of children being passed like dirt by moslem men following mohammeds footsteps words like yours does make you in a way a terrorist to young white or indian girls in this country Sad comment from a sad mind

Don't know where you're getting your info from but it's far from being just muslim men. And Muhammeds footsteps? What's that all about? He had no connection with this sort of activity. Don't blindly believe everything you are told - people have hidden agendas. Happy comments from a happy mind.
livinthedream31 m ago

Radical isalamic terror and the rise in UK crime are connected and …Radical isalamic terror and the rise in UK crime are connected and anything that is left wing swp antifa blm hate trumpA lot of crime has increased by radical terrorists (don't need to be isis to be a terroist ) grooming and raping and killing in the UK I agree

Ok.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants