Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Angled sofa legs issue

Posted 2nd Aug
Hello,

Angled sofa legs on this DFS sofa I have are slipping. There are two screws which are tightened to fix the angled legs, one is a Dowel Screw and the other screw is a normal screw which is tightened to further fix the leg. The other screw, has broken the wooden leg. Other screws on the three legs are also slipping from the frame and legs are ripping apart.

I have asked DFS and they are coming on the 12th to see/fix it. I do not have a sofa and this is the only sofa, so i need to somehow fix it, please help.

Secondly, anyone else faced the same issue?

TIA
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
If you mess about trying to fix it you risk having it not replaced
nopartylikeansclubparty02/08/2020 21:22

If you mess about trying to fix it you risk having it not replaced

Spoke to them on the phone and they said i can do whatever i need to, so that its useable atleast
it will help if you post a photo.
41564885-8VuBb.jpg
41564894-LrD6s.jpg
Assuming you can get the dowel screws out I'd just take them off entirely and let the sofa rest on it's frame. It'll be slightly lower, but good enough for a fortnight.
looks pretty serious. can you take all the legs off so the sofa is on the floor and wait for DFS to come? at least then you have the use of the sofa until they come.
EndlessWaves02/08/2020 21:44

Assuming you can get the dowel screws out I'd just take them off entirely …Assuming you can get the dowel screws out I'd just take them off entirely and let the sofa rest on it's frame. It'll be slightly lower, but good enough for a fortnight.

mutley102/08/2020 21:53

looks pretty serious. can you take all the legs off so the sofa is on the …looks pretty serious. can you take all the legs off so the sofa is on the floor and wait for DFS to come? at least then you have the use of the sofa until they come.

Quite a good idea this. I dont know how did this happen, just happened one day suddenly. Sofa is not even a year old.
Is this a design flaw? I am not overweight. Less than 100kg.
haa051802/08/2020 21:57

Quite a good idea this. I dont know how did this happen, just happened one …Quite a good idea this. I dont know how did this happen, just happened one day suddenly. Sofa is not even a year old.Is this a design flaw? I am not overweight. Less than 100kg.

yeah, looks like a design flaw as the angled leg takes a lot of stress. we have DFS sofas, but the legs are just long wedges at the bottom of the sofa so there is even pressure over it.

the problem may happen again after they fix it!
mutley102/08/2020 22:03

yeah, looks like a design flaw as the angled leg takes a lot of stress. …yeah, looks like a design flaw as the angled leg takes a lot of stress. we have DFS sofas, but the legs are just long wedges at the bottom of the sofa so there is even pressure over it.the problem may happen again after they fix it!

Definitely this is a design flaw i agree. Would dfs put an angled leg again? Can they not put a straight leg? I saw some online, if the repair fails i am planning to install those.

What does dfs do anyway when such things happen?
haa051802/08/2020 22:16

Definitely this is a design flaw i agree. Would dfs put an angled leg …Definitely this is a design flaw i agree. Would dfs put an angled leg again? Can they not put a straight leg? I saw some online, if the repair fails i am planning to install those.What does dfs do anyway when such things happen?

from your photo, the angled leg looks like it is taking a lot of stress. i have seen these sort of legs on sofas in ikea, but i think they were metallic as at that sort of angle you really need metal legs.

you could ask DFS to replace them with straight legs instead. they won't look so funky, but really who cares about legs on a sofa i would rather the sofa doesn't fall over than to have funky legs that are useless.
Puts some books so they sit tight under that side with the damaged leg until they come to fix.
Just put a stack of books under neath it until rhey come out.
op did you assemble the legs onto the sofa yourself? that's cos when the sofa arrives there are four little knobs in place to keep it off of the floor during delivery transit. legs come with it and are attached at final destination. only... it's not always that the legs go where the knobs were attached. there may be "other" holes where the proper legs are meant to be fitted. turn the sofa on its back and look at the bottom of it to confirm. or read instructions.
Edited by: "samwants2save" 3rd Aug
samwants2save03/08/2020 12:18

op did you assemble the legs onto the sofa yourself? that's cos when the …op did you assemble the legs onto the sofa yourself? that's cos when the sofa arrives there are four little knobs in place to keep it off of the floor during delivery transit. legs come with it and are attached at final destination. only... it's not always that the legs go where the knobs were attached. there may be "other" holes where the proper legs are meant to be fitted. turn the sofa on its back and look at the bottom of it to confirm. or read instructions.

Look at it and the legs are screwed onto the dowel screw area. I think the little knobs were taken by the installers. Dont remember exactly.
ah in that case, just let the dfs guy come and have a nosey. the same leg issue happened with a friend's sofa (concerto model) but what they had done was screw the legs onto the same place where the knobs came off of despite the instructions stating not to! (dfs called out when sofa legs started giving way.. he's the one who enlightened them of their dopiness when assembling!)
samwants2save03/08/2020 12:52

ah in that case, just let the dfs guy come and have a nosey. the same leg …ah in that case, just let the dfs guy come and have a nosey. the same leg issue happened with a friend's sofa (concerto model) but what they had done was screw the legs onto the same place where the knobs came off of despite the instructions stating not to! (dfs called out when sofa legs started giving way.. he's the one who enlightened them of their dopiness when assembling!)

Are they good with repairs? I am told that they will fix it the same day when they come, is that true?
have asked- will let you know when I get a response.
haa051803/08/2020 13:12

Are they good with repairs? I am told that they will fix it the same day …Are they good with repairs? I am told that they will fix it the same day when they come, is that true?

said sofa legs just needed adjusting and the guy fixed all of the legs (4 sofas) during his visit and was really pleasant. said even though it turned out to be their own fault they were not charged for the visit. said only good things about their cs
Edited by: "samwants2save" 3rd Aug
samwants2save03/08/2020 14:22

said sofa legs just needed adjusting and the guy fixed all of the legs (4 …said sofa legs just needed adjusting and the guy fixed all of the legs (4 sofas) during his visit and was really pleasant. said even though it turned out to be their own fault they were not charged for the visit. said only good things about their cs

The sofa legs i have will definitely need replacing. Many thanks for the info really appreciate it
Post a comment
@
    Text