Groups

Angry Birds PC...

is a step too far IMO.

And it hurts my eyes SO much!!!

Anyone else have a view?

17 Comments

what's it like compared to the phone version? I saw this and was gonna get it.

Original Poster

Its identical, literally, amazing graphics tbh, but I found that it actually hurt my eyes when i played it earlier - because theres lots of screen panning it was kinda weird =/ and bright too!

Oh, and its atm missing the new levels... On;y got up to '4 - The Big Setup'

Apart from that, its brilliant :P

tomwatts

Its identical, literally, amazing graphics tbh, but I found that it … Its identical, literally, amazing graphics tbh, but I found that it actually hurt my eyes when i played it earlier - because theres lots of screen panning it was kinda weird =/ and bright too!Oh, and its atm missing the new levels... On;y got up to '4 - The Big Setup'Apart from that, its brilliant :P

i love angry birds on my phone, so i think it will be perfect on my netbook, gonna get it.

has anyone tried the new apple apps for the mac? I wonder if we could get these on a regular windows pc?

Original Poster

r4ge

i love angry birds on my phone, so i think it will be perfect on my … i love angry birds on my phone, so i think it will be perfect on my netbook, gonna get it.has anyone tried the new apple apps for the mac? I wonder if we could get these on a regular windows pc?

Unfortunately not its like asking for the app store on a nokia 5800 - incompatible hardware =/

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Not it isn't, macs and windows machines (both are PCs) use the same … Not it isn't, macs and windows machines (both are PCs) use the same hardware, it's a software compatibility problem.

Fine it's a default software problem - in the same way that a nokia and iPhone could have the same injera but run on different operating systems - why do I even try to talk on these forums? Ahah

oo Where can i get it from for pc?

Original Poster

I agree that it looks pretty nice in 1080p - but I too prefer it on iPod/iPhone

I've also installed intels appup store, thanks dcxbadass, it's absolutely brilliant.

I can't believe something like this wasn't done for the pc earlier.

but £3.49 for angry birds, and that's a promotional price, quite expensive considering i got it free on my android phone.

Wasnt very hard to obtain. Although it is decent.

Original Poster

MarzBarz

Wasnt very hard to obtain. Although it is decent.

Agreed...

Grrrrrr.

I just downloaded via AppUp but it doesn't run (says "Texture is too large 2048 x 2048, maximum supported is 1024 x 1024"). Goggle found lots of people with the same problem but the suggested solution (editing config.lua) did not work. I tried to get a refund but that failed too (error code -11).

All round quality software & system I see.

oh didn't know of PC version, must get...

Banned

Doesn't work on Windows NT 2000, thank god I didn't pay for it.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 8th Jan 2011

The fix for the 'texture too large' problem is to update your video card drivers. I struggled all weekend to get it working on my daughters laptop, but a generic driver from the Intel Website sorted it (as apparantly they never made her specific driver for Vista so I used the XP Pro one)

Good luck!

i don't know anyone with an iphone who DOESN'T have angry birds!

Banned

ham82

This really is only any good on an iphone, pointless on a PC. More a game you would play on the toilet.

Original Poster

ham82

I DO!

they're gay.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?33
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?44
      3. Beds44
      4. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?88

See more discussions