Animal Crossing New Horizons

Posted 26th May 2020
Hi. Looking to pick up AC:NH as cheaply as possible for my kids who up until today have been on my island but they now have their own lites. Doesn't seem to be any decent offers (digital preferred) anymore. Any pointers on the cheapest place currently?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
One way to share one copy off the game is the following;

Get it digitally off a website for around £40.

Then do the following.

Set up child A's account to child B's switch as "primary". (Or vice versa)
This makes all content they own shared on that switch console (except the switch online).

Then purchase one copy of AC on either child's account.
This will share the game between the two switch consoles.

So child A will use their own account and B uses their own account.

From memory this all works fine, but I can't remember if this stops one person using the game without being connected to the internet to verify they own the content. (Can tether to a phone to get passed that verification section).
Edited by: "kos1c" 26th May
I have a physical copy and a digital code. I was thinking about trying to get rid of one as both are still unused. Brought the game before the console which turned out to be the AC one
kos1c26/05/2020 10:27

One way to share one copy off the game is the following; Get it digitally …One way to share one copy off the game is the following; Get it digitally off a website for around £40. Then do the following. Set up child A's account to child B's switch as "primary". (Or vice versa) This makes all content they own shared on that switch console (except the switch online). Then purchase one copy of AC on either child's account. This will share the game between the two switch consoles.So child A will use their own account and B uses their own account. From memory this all works fine, but I can't remember if this stops one person using the game without being connected to the internet to verify they own the content. (Can tether to a phone to get passed that verification section).

Hi. Unfortunately not an option as they will be playing online together at times and if my understanding of game sharing is correct then this isn't possible.. happy to be corrected and have an extra £40 in my pocket!!!
sixonenine26/05/2020 10:42

Hi. Unfortunately not an option as they will be playing online together at …Hi. Unfortunately not an option as they will be playing online together at times and if my understanding of game sharing is correct then this isn't possible.. happy to be corrected and have an extra £40 in my pocket!!!

You can play online together. I game share with the gf, can always test it and revert the accounts back if you feel it doesn't work.

Is your copy physical or digital? (It digital you can test it with your account to one of their lites).
kos1c26/05/2020 10:56

You can play online together. I game share with the gf, can always test it …You can play online together. I game share with the gf, can always test it and revert the accounts back if you feel it doesn't work. Is your copy physical or digital? (It digital you can test it with your account to one of their lites).

Digital. I'll give it a go, thanks
Edited by: "sixonenine" 26th May
sixonenine26/05/2020 11:02

Digital. I'll give it a go, thanks

Let me know if to works. I've not played my switch in a good while they I may have it wrong but I don't think I do.

I know me and her could play the same game at the same time. But can't remember if it was an online game though.
kos1c26/05/2020 13:25

Let me know if to works. I've not played my switch in a good while they I …Let me know if to works. I've not played my switch in a good while they I may have it wrong but I don't think I do. I know me and her could play the same game at the same time. But can't remember if it was an online game though.

After some reading I think I'm gonna opt against a game share on this one. There seems to be too many caveats to it and if I've read it correctly a shared copy of AC will mean the kids can't play local wireless coop (in the car etc). Thanks for your help though..
Post a comment
@
    Text