Animal friends pet insurance

Posted 23rd Oct
Afternoon, had anyone else had a email today off them basically saying they should of told us more about the policy when taking it out and to call for a chat if your not happy?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
No.
No, but got a refer a friend email yesterday.

Have you made a claim recently? When I made a claim with them last year, we got a letter saying that they would no longer cover gastric problems, as we had not informed them of it (our dog had been sick a few times, which was down to new food), but they deemed it an 'existing issue' and excluded it from future claims.
I got a random email telling me about the refer a friend scheme but nothing like that? Is it actually from them or is it like PayPal spam emails?
It was an actual email from animal friends. Think I’m going to give them a call.
Just gave them a call then basically said anyone that took a policy out between 1st of October 2018 and the 25th June 2019 should have been given more information on there policy and if you would like to upgrade or downgrade they will sort it. They seem like they have something to hide when talking to them. They have obviously been forced by the FCA to send out the email.
Edited by: "AndyWalker85" 23rd Oct
They don't cover dental
esar23/10/2019 16:31

They don't cover dental

Don’t think they ever have??
Yes I have. I haven't done anything about it yet though
ross.grey23/10/2019 19:13

Yes I have. I haven't done anything about it yet though

Let me know how you get on if you do calm them please
AndyWalker8523/10/2019 19:16

Let me know how you get on if you do calm them please

I wondered if they had mis-sold it like the PPI thing, but unsure what to say to them
I was thinking the same. I was hoping I could cancel my policy as the reviews I’ve read since taking out the policy arn’t very good but I’m unsure if they would let me.
AndyWalker8523/10/2019 19:21

I was thinking the same. I was hoping I could cancel my policy as the …I was thinking the same. I was hoping I could cancel my policy as the reviews I’ve read since taking out the policy arn’t very good but I’m unsure if they would let me.

You could ask them. I'm thinking of cancelling with them
ross.grey23/10/2019 19:22

You could ask them. I'm thinking of cancelling with them

I don’t know what to say to them to let me cancel tbh. I’d like to know the exact reason they sent the email out so I could play on that. Could I ask why you are thinking of cancelling?
Because my doubts were raised when they sent out that email. I thought it was odd.
I think if we go in stern & ask them outright why they sent the email & if the FCA ordered them to or not??
I suppose we could try calling the FCA? ?
ross.grey23/10/2019 19:28

Because my doubts were raised when they sent out that email. I thought it …Because my doubts were raised when they sent out that email. I thought it was odd.I think if we go in stern & ask them outright why they sent the email & if the FCA ordered them to or not??I suppose we could try calling the FCA? ?

Yes that’s an idea.
We’re with Animal Friends, have made a £1200 claim on the policy and they paid it out without issue. Vet dealt with the claim. Now because of the policy I’m on this condition is no longer covered but they do offer policies that will offer life time cover.
ross.grey31/10/2019 12:32

Hi Andy, did you find anything out?

I didn’t mate, did you?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants