Anker or RAVPower USB Mains Charger? Advice please.

Found 4th Jun 2016
Afternoon everyone,

I am looking to buy a mains USB charger with multiple ports. I've done some research and I've narrowed it down to 2 different ones on Amazon however I can't decide which to buy.

Links in the first comment.

1. RAVPower

£10.99
4 Ports
8a in total

2. Anker

£12.99
6 ports
6a in total

I am leaning towards the RAVPower because it is cheaper, 4 ports is sufficient and it supplies 8a in total which in theory should help charge my devices quicker. The only reason I was tempted by the Anker charger is because of the brand, I have seen many people on here rate Anker products.

Please can you give me some advice before I go ahead with the purchase. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskChargerAnker
12 Comments
Original Poster
1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-RAVPower-Desktop-Technology-Smartphones-White/dp/B00HEZMYOO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

2. amazon.co.uk/gp/…HLX
If you're buying it to charge a phone and it uses Quick Charge (1, 2 or 3). Or even thinking of buying a phone with QC.
I'd get a Quick Charge 3.0 charger.

Personally, I don't think Anker products are very good, but their customer service is.
So, if it breaks down, you can easily get a replacement.
Original Poster

If you're buying it to charge a phone and it uses Quick Charge (1, 2 or … If you're buying it to charge a phone and it uses Quick Charge (1, 2 or 3). Or even thinking of buying a phone with QC.I'd get a Quick Charge 3.0 charger.Personally, I don't think Anker products are very good, but their customer service is.So, if it breaks down, you can easily get a replacement.

Thanks for your quick response.

Actually no devices I own support quick charge that I am aware. The 3 main devices that will be connected will be: iPhone 6, iPad 3rd Gen and a Apple Watch.

1 small concern I do have is that although the iPhone 6 comes supplied with a 1a charger, it charges much faster using a 2.1a charger. Will the ismart technology limit the charging of the device to only 1a? I am unsure how this works.

Edited by: "joshp" 4th Jun 2016
Anker come with what they call IQ ports, they are supposed to sense the maximum charge a device will take and charge at that. As far as I know they do not rely on any propriety circuitry in the device itself. So if a device will happily charge at 2.1a they should charge at that and higher if the devices battery will take it.
Original Poster

Anker come with what they call IQ ports, they are supposed to sense the … Anker come with what they call IQ ports, they are supposed to sense the maximum charge a device will take and charge at that. As far as I know they do not rely on any propriety circuitry in the device itself. So if a device will happily charge at 2.1a they should charge at that and higher if the devices battery will take it.

Thanks Argoj for that information. That is nice to hear. I assume that perhaps the iSmart ports on the RAVPower probably operate the same.

I was worried that somehow the charger detected the actual device connected and thus only charged at their default values, however that appears not to be case and upon reviewing that it would probably entail much more work and is probably unrealistic due to the vast amount of devices.
Rav power
I bought the anker the other day. It's brilliant tbh. Nice and discreet also it seems to charge my ip6s faster than an iPad charger. I charge an iPad, galaxy tab, experia z , ip6s nightly and they all seem to be charged within a couple of hours. I also use a free port for a usb light. I always recommend if you can get more ports than you need as you never know when you will need an extra one in the future.
Original Poster

Rav power

Thanks for the advice.

I bought the anker the other day. It's brilliant tbh. Nice and discreet … I bought the anker the other day. It's brilliant tbh. Nice and discreet also it seems to charge my ip6s faster than an iPad charger. I charge an iPad, galaxy tab, experia z , ip6s nightly and they all seem to be charged within a couple of hours. I also use a free port for a usb light. I always recommend if you can get more ports than you need as you never know when you will need an extra one in the future.

Thanks, what model did you buy?

I have to admit I am now considering the Anker purely because whilst it only puts out 6a, it has 6 ports. I don't actually charge that may devices at once, I mainly want it for the convenience of having all the charging cables connected so the 2 extra ports would come in handy and I don't think think the 6a would restrict me because I only charge 3 at a time at most.
my Anker has never let me down.
haven't heard of the other brand you mentioned.

Rav power

I bought the anker the other day. It's brilliant tbh. Nice and discreet … I bought the anker the other day. It's brilliant tbh. Nice and discreet also it seems to charge my ip6s faster than an iPad charger. I charge an iPad, galaxy tab, experia z , ip6s nightly and they all seem to be charged within a couple of hours. I also use a free port for a usb light. I always recommend if you can get more ports than you need as you never know when you will need an extra one in the future.

I bought this one. [url=Anker PowerPort 6 Lite (30W 6-Port USB Charging Hub) for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More (Black/White) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014ZPNUBG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0K1uxbRPXDKKX]anker powerport 6 lite.[/url] £12.99 they also do a black version or a 60w version which has 6x2a sockets for £22.99. I bought the 30w White linked
Original Poster

I bought this one. [url=Anker PowerPort 6 Lite (30W 6-Port USB Charging … I bought this one. [url=Anker PowerPort 6 Lite (30W 6-Port USB Charging Hub) for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More (Black/White) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014ZPNUBG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0K1uxbRPXDKKX]anker powerport 6 lite.[/url] £12.99 they also do a black version or a 60w version which has 6x2a sockets for £22.99. I bought the 30w White linked

Thanks, yeah that's the colour I was going to choose too. I think I will order tomorrow night unless I see anything beforehand.
[Top Rated Power Bank] RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack with Most Powerful 4.5A Output and iSmart Technology - Black
£20.99
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants