Wireless Earbuds Recommendation

Posted 28th Aug 2020Edited by:"Robloxian"
Hi, looking to move from Galaxy Buds to something with better Bluetooth reliability.

Can anyone recommend any please? My requirements are:

USB-C
Waterproof
Qualcomm Chip

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I have the 1st gen Anker Soundcore Liberty Air headphones and can recommend them. The sound quality is great, they're light and comfortable, battery life good and the case feels solid with a satisfying snap when you close them! The connection does randomly drop out sometimes (not often), but I think mine were from a faulty batch. Several similar reports from others who bought from the same deal of what were supposed to be new units, but were clearly used/refurbs. Can't complain though as I got a full refund without having to return them!

I also have the Soundcore 2 speaker and it is also great, so I think Anker are generally a pretty solid portable audio brand.
Lots of reviews / comments in the deal threads.
cannibalwombat28/08/2020 11:02

I have the 1st gen Anker Soundcore Liberty Air headphones and can …I have the 1st gen Anker Soundcore Liberty Air headphones and can recommend them. The sound quality is great, they're light and comfortable, battery life good and the case feels solid with a satisfying snap when you close them! The connection does randomly drop out sometimes (not often), but I think mine were from a faulty batch. Several similar reports from others who bought from the same deal of what were supposed to be new units, but were clearly used/refurbs. Can't complain though as I got a full refund without having to return them!I also have the Soundcore 2 speaker and it is also great, so I think Anker are generally a pretty solid portable audio brand.

I was looking at the Liberty Neo, but no USB-C which puts me off.

bozo00728/08/2020 11:02

Lots of reviews / comments in the deal threads.

Jabra 75t Active - hands down best all rounder and most versatile
Corkscrew28/08/2020 12:08

Jabra 75t Active - hands down best all rounder and most versatile

A bit out of my price range but thanks
Tronsmart Onyx Neo, im very happy with them
Sandy101228/08/2020 13:10

Tronsmart Onyx Neo, im very happy with them

How's the sound quality and Bluetooth quality?
There was a lot of good talk about the Alien Secret QCC010 when they came out and now they've got a big price drop to around £18 on AliExpress

Supports aptX and aptX-LL
So far, I'm swaying towards these

amazon.co.uk/Sou…-15

No USB-C and not waterproof, but they have QC which is what I wanted, as well as each earbud being suitable for either ear (in the event you have your device in left/right pocket).
Robloxian28/08/2020 15:38

So far, I'm swaying towards …So far, I'm swaying towards thesehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Wireless-Composite-Bluetooth-Headphones-Black/dp/B085DR7YWW/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=soundpeats&qid=1598625420&sr=8-15No USB-C and not waterproof, but they have QC which is what I wanted, as well as each earbud being suitable for either ear (in the event you have your device in left/right pocket).

Lightning Deal on the Tronsmart Onyx Neo. £17.35
Same Qualcomm chip, but with the IPX5 and USB C

The Alien Secret from AliExpress combined with one of these amazon.co.uk/UGR…8-8
will solve your WIndows Audio Latency issue as the both have Qualcomm aptx-ll
spruceyb29/08/2020 13:56

Lightning Deal on the Tronsmart Onyx Neo. £17.35Same Qualcomm chip, but …Lightning Deal on the Tronsmart Onyx Neo. £17.35Same Qualcomm chip, but with the IPX5 and USB CThe Alien Secret from AliExpress combined with one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Bluetooth-Hand-free-Auto-Repair-Headphone-Black/dp/B07TTRS997/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=aptx-ll&qid=1598705674&sr=8-8will solve your WIndows Audio Latency issue as the both have Qualcomm aptx-ll

Thanks. Although why would I be having this issue with my Galaxy buds that were £100?
It's probab
Robloxian29/08/2020 13:58

Thanks. Although why would I be having this issue with my Galaxy buds that …Thanks. Although why would I be having this issue with my Galaxy buds that were £100?

It's probably the bluetooth chip in your computer.
Not all bluetooth is equal, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro has similarly poor latency hovering around the 500ms mark.
Most other phones are around 200-300 depending on the codec being used.
Galaxy Buds+ and Live seem to have a gaming mode that reduces latency, but the OG galaxy buds don't and just have terrible latency, high price

With aptX-LL on both the receiver and transmitter you get around 40ms latency (even as low as 30ms, the uGreen device claims 37ms).
spruceyb29/08/2020 14:14

It's probab It's probably the bluetooth chip in your computer.Not all …It's probab It's probably the bluetooth chip in your computer.Not all bluetooth is equal, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro has similarly poor latency hovering around the 500ms mark.Most other phones are around 200-300 depending on the codec being used.Galaxy Buds+ and Live seem to have a gaming mode that reduces latency, but the OG galaxy buds don't and just have terrible latency, high priceWith aptX-LL on both the receiver and transmitter you get around 40ms latency (even as low as 30ms, the uGreen device claims 37ms).

I wouldn't say they have terrible latency. On my phone, videos are perfect.
Post a comment
@
    Text