Anker Soundcore q30 - Defective?

Posted 1st Dec 2022 (Posted 19 h, 28 m ago)
Just picked up a pair of the seemingly highly rated q30's and there's a fair amount of hiss/noise when using them (haven't yet hooked up the controller app).

The noise changes in tone as I step through normal/transparency/NC so I think it's definitely generated by the q30's -- anyone else experience this? It's not loud but it is persistent and annoying, mostly disappears if streaming video or music but is truly irritating on FaceTime/video calls.

Do I have a defective pair or are they all like this?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    By searching the keyword 'hiss' in the reviews, it does seem relatively common when noise cancellation is on.
  2. Avatar
    I vaguely remember having some issue with the hissing initially, I can't say if using the App or the custom EQ that's recommended fixed it, but it definitely improved it but I don't notice it anymore.

reddit.com/r/a…ar/

100 (-5.5), 200 (+3.5), 400 (-1.5), 800 (+5.5), 1600 (-2), 3200 (+3.5-4), 6400 (+2), 12800 (0) (edited)
  3. Avatar
    Yesterday mine started the sound like a hearing aid, high pitch whistle.
    Called Soundcore and was told to do a hard reset, did this no luck.
    Then asked to turn them off, delete pairing on phone and the re pair.
    This worked.
    Apart from that little issue they have been great for a year.
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks for the feedback - the hiss is worst in transparency mode and pretty loud.

I have to admit NC is almost freakishly good with these aside from this issue.
  5. Avatar
    Not had any issues with mine. I also bought my dad a pair a little while back and they haven't had any issues either... so can't help there, sorry.
    Both of us use them on a daily basis, so would notice any unusual hissing etc. One of the reasons I bought for my dad is the long battery usage, and very quick 5 min charge for 4 more hours use, as he uses his for TV watching and was forgetful when it came time to charge his old ones.

Not had any issues with mine. I also bought my dad a pair a little while back and they haven't had any issues either... so can't help there, sorry.
    Both of us use them on a daily basis, so would notice any unusual hissing etc. One of the reasons I bought for my dad is the long battery usage, and very quick 5 min charge for 4 more hours use, as he uses his for TV watching and was forgetful when it came time to charge his old ones. (edited)
Top Merchants