Annoying, how many of these Wireless Phone Chargers don't include AC Adaptors ...

Posted 19th Dec 2019
... just when you think you've found the right Price vs Function/Rating, you read somewhere lost in the details, "Doesn't Inc. AC", is it just me :/ :(.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

6 Comments
Just you?

But this is similar to when the Moto G was first released (and I think O2 have a similar policy) of not including chargers with phones. The logic being to cust down waste and cost, as most people have piles of chargers kicking round from old phones or other devices they used.
Understandably, but aren't the wireless fast chargers, what I was on about if I'm to be clearer, dependant on a specific adaptor to achieve it's stated levels, if I'm right, it's like Halfords selling a cycle and claiming it can do 200m/h, then state in the detail, if you buy and install the twin jet engines, NOT INC. :).
M.B.L.19/12/2019 09:59

Understandably, but aren't the wireless fast chargers, what I was on about …Understandably, but aren't the wireless fast chargers, what I was on about if I'm to be clearer, dependant on a specific adaptor to achieve it's stated levels, if I'm right, it's like Halfords selling a cycle and claiming it can do 200m/h, then state in the detail, if you buy and install the twin jet engines, NOT INC. :).

Well, yes, I agree, however most people would just use the charger supplied with their phone, as part of the intention is to ease the constant plugging of the cable into your device.
There's that, but aren't the 7.5W and 10W levels only achievable if you have a quick charger adaptor, and if yes, why would you opt for anything less.
I thought if your phone was capable of being 'Fast Charged' it would be supplied with a Fast Charge charger that could also be used for your wireless charger?
M.B.L.19/12/2019 10:45

There's that, but aren't the 7.5W and 10W levels only achievable if you …There's that, but aren't the 7.5W and 10W levels only achievable if you have a quick charger adaptor, and if yes, why would you opt for anything less.

Because long term fast charging is not neccessarily good for your battery? Personally I prefer trickle charging to fast charging, but that's my preference.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions