Groups

Annoying when you can't GIVE stuff away!

Banned
    Moving out of student accom so have 3 desks, a chair and a load of bits for charity to give away, I put them all on freecycle and have had nothing but time wasters who don't reply past the initial 'I want these please consider me' yadda yadda!

Nottingham's a big enough place, annoying theres not a decent person to come and claim them, theyre all good condition and FREE!!

Have to make a trip to the charity shop now and find one which collects furniture or leave a 'FREE-TAKE ME!' sign on the items and put em on the front garden. Pain in't bum!!

Rant over!

EDIT;
    All desks, ikea swivel chair have been taken, sorted!

24 Comments

i had the same, we had some stuff left over from a booty & it was too good to throw away so i nipped it down to my local charity shop, they had a look through it and cherry picked it, they didnt want any books or videos !!!

Original Poster Banned

richp;5544469

i had the same, we had some stuff left over from a booty & it was too … i had the same, we had some stuff left over from a booty & it was too good to throw away so i nipped it down to my local charity shop, they had a look through it and cherry picked it, they didnt want any books or videos !!!

I certainly aint doing that! They have it or they don't, whether they bin a lot of it or not isn't my business but I'm not standing there while they say what they do/don't want, bloomin eck theyre picky!!

Man I'm in a bad mood over this!! lol. I just want to be packed and cleaned and if I got my furniture out of the way I'd feel better!! lol!

richp;5544469

i had the same, we had some stuff left over from a booty & it was too … i had the same, we had some stuff left over from a booty & it was too good to throw away so i nipped it down to my local charity shop, they had a look through it and cherry picked it, they didnt want any books or videos !!!

i'm guessing there wasnt a great selling market for the dirty vids n mags at the local help the aged:w00t::w00t:

transit;5544522

i'm guessing there wasnt a great selling market for the dirty vids n mags … i'm guessing there wasnt a great selling market for the dirty vids n mags at the local help the aged:w00t::w00t:

lol :lol:

put ithem outside with sign on

i did this a few weeks ago - had a lovely guy knock to ask if it was for real -

got any pictures mate, i can ask about for you , got a few mates whove moved into houses might need a desk, and not a 100 miles away from you

Have always found YMCA shops the best. They take anything, even electrical and not the slightest bit picky.

Go there all the time now because it is usually houshold stuff I get rid of, which is ideal for them as they have so many people they are setting up in accomodation.

But not as many YMCA shops as Oxfam etc.

My son is moving out of his digs from Uni today as well. I am trying to make space for all his stuff . His house was furnished so bit easier

holly100;5544574

put ithem outside with sign on. i did this a few weeks ago - had a … put ithem outside with sign on. i did this a few weeks ago - had a lovely guy knock to ask if it was for real -

Best idea, especially as no rain forecast overnight / tomorrow

Original Poster Banned

boza;5544600

got any pictures mate, i can ask about for you , got a few mates whove … got any pictures mate, i can ask about for you , got a few mates whove moved into houses might need a desk, and not a 100 miles away from you

I cba with that mate, sorry but if its free I'm not arsing around taking piccies and i want them gone ASAP.

holly100;5544574

put ithem outside with sign oni did this a few weeks ago - had a lovely … put ithem outside with sign oni did this a few weeks ago - had a lovely guy knock to ask if it was for real -

Am gonna do this, central notts with rush hour someone should spot them and want 'em.

put a for sale sign on them, they are bound to get nicked :thumbsup:

[url]www.freecycle.org[/url]

that will help

ray magini;5544868

[url]www.freecycle.org[/url]that will help

Did you read the original post? :P

I put them all on freecycle and have had nothing but time wasters who … I put them all on freecycle and have had nothing but time wasters who don't reply past the initial 'I want these please consider me' yadda yadda!

ray magini;5544868

:whistling:

H_K;5544671

I cba with that mate, sorry but if its free I'm not arsing around taking … I cba with that mate, sorry but if its free I'm not arsing around taking piccies and i want them gone ASAP.Am gonna do this, central notts with rush hour someone should spot them and want 'em.

you cant be arsed to take a picture so i csn help you get rid of them, but you can be arsed to go to a charity shop toask if the collect furniture....hmmm

ray magini;5544868

TAXI!!!!

Original Poster Banned

boza;5545137

you cant be arsed to take a picture so i csn help you get rid of them, … you cant be arsed to take a picture so i csn help you get rid of them, but you can be arsed to go to a charity shop toask if the collect furniture....hmmm

No, I have left the furniture outside and some bits have already gone. If id have had to find out about charity shops I would have rung them.

Haven housing trust collect furniture donations ]http//ww…pdf

any local churches, may take to give out.

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;5546107

Haven housing trust collect furniture donations … Haven housing trust collect furniture donations ]http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/nfn-havenhousingtrust.pdf

Rang them and they don't want desks at the moment, I'd have thought a charity wouldnt have been fussy to be honest but apparantly they are so they've been put outside and taken by passers by.

sorted.

now just the 6 bags of charity items, anyone know any charity shops that open on a Sunday?

Hope you haven't put them on the street or expect an £80 fine from the city council. (presuming your in their boundaries)

rwm24;5544896

Did you read the original post? :P

sorry
    im dylestic

iCodd;5545145

TAXI!!!!

ill get me coote

H_K;5546501

Rang them and they don't want desks at the moment, I'd have thought a … Rang them and they don't want desks at the moment, I'd have thought a charity wouldnt have been fussy to be honest but apparantly they are so they've been put outside and taken by passers by.sorted.now just the 6 bags of charity items, anyone know any charity shops that open on a Sunday?

The Cancer Research shop in Arnold are open on a sunday, its facing Asda

Original Poster Banned

H_K;5546501

they've been put outside and taken by passers by.sorted.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5546582

Hope you haven't put them on the street or expect an £80 fine from the … Hope you haven't put them on the street or expect an £80 fine from the city council. (presuming your in their boundaries)

urm...theyve been taken, as stated, so no fine thankyou and some happy people with freebies out there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions