Groups

'Anonymous Footballer' is suing Twitter

Banned
    I know footballers aren't the smartest people in the world, but this is ridiculous. All it will do is make more people aware of who he is.

70 Comments

Link? Or u made it up.

SShhhhh or HUKD will be next.

Still ridiculous, shouldn't of been playing away from home if he's that bothered.

Banned

Ryan Giggs?

greatest666

Ryan Giggs?

Was it Giggsy nailing that fit bird Imogen from Big Bro? lol. Jammy git!

Banned

steev08

Was it Giggsy nailing that fit bird Imogen from Big Bro? lol. Jammy git!

Yes, and Alan Shearer had an affair with Gabby Logan

The footballer is being known as cbt. What does this mean, are the initials meant to represent the actual name? Whoever the footballer is, is he sueing because he did get the original superinjunction out and someone on twitter leaked it, or is he sueing because it wasn't him and he's annoyed about it? Why should he be allowed to keep it all secret anyway - is he ashamed of his own behaviour?
    These guys (have you noticed how they're almost all men?) are quite happy to make money out of their public persona but aren't willing to let the public know the truth about what they really are like.

Banned

I thought he made money from playing football?

Yes, I have noticed that almost all footballers are men.

Well according to the twatter leak it was giggs and since no mention of giggs name doing the sueing or denying it, it must be him(alledgely)

Banned

patience_1

The footballer is being known as cbt. What does this mean, are the … The footballer is being known as cbt. What does this mean, are the initials meant to represent the actual name? Whoever the footballer is, is he sueing because he did get the original superinjunction out and someone on twitter leaked it, or is he sueing because it wasn't him and he's annoyed about it? Why should he be allowed to keep it all secret anyway - is he ashamed of his own behaviour?These guys (have you noticed how they're almost all men?) are quite happy to make money out of their public persona but aren't willing to let the public know the truth about what they really are like.

And it's those girls (have you noticed they're almost all girls) who are happy to sell their stories to the press.

Could be colin doyle

Edited by: "Chidda" 20th May 2011

Shes hot.... lucky chap

greatest666

Ryan Giggs?

He is now suing HDUK now as well

^^ we'll be alright then at HUKD!

^^^ i LOLed!

Am going to say Craig Bellamy (CTB)? He is welsh also.

Edited by: "steev08" 20th May 2011

footballers having hanky panky on the side?

It's not as if their important like freddy goodwinny.

Heard it was Luke Chadwick.

Banned

gmdlogan

Heard it was Luke Chadwick.

If it was Luke Chadwick, he would pay to get it on the front page.

guv

If it was Luke Chadwick, he would pay to get it on the front page.

Doh!

Banned

How exactly will twitter give out the names of the accounts? on my account it's something like F and W as my name, with my date of birth as 1st jan 1900.

Carlos B Tevez!?!

lumoruk

How exactly will twitter give out the names of the accounts? on my … How exactly will twitter give out the names of the accounts? on my account it's something like F and W as my name, with my date of birth as 1st jan 1900.

IP address? If they can obtain the authority

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture

Doesn't identify me, just identifies that someone is connected via my router. Could be anyone within 50m of my router or someone walking past on their internet enabled phone.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 20th May 2011

Banned

lumoruk

Doesn't identify me, just identifies that someone is connected via my … Doesn't identify me, just identifies that someone is connected via my router. Could be anyone within 50m of my router or someone walking past on their internet enabled phone.

You could take out a super injunction to protect your identity! X)

Banned

nocky

Carlos B Tevez!?!

his middle name is Alberto according to wiki.

lumoruk

Doesn't identify me, just identifies that someone is connected via my … Doesn't identify me, just identifies that someone is connected via my router. Could be anyone within 50m of my router or someone walking past on their internet enabled phone.

But it's down to you that your router is correctly secured, do you sleep with your front door unlocked?

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture

But it's down to you that your router is correctly secured, do you sleep … But it's down to you that your router is correctly secured, do you sleep with your front door unlocked?

did the other night, but I was tired and couldn't be bothered isn't law to secure your broadband ?
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 20th May 2011

Paddy_o_furniture

But it's down to you that your router is correctly secured, do you sleep … But it's down to you that your router is correctly secured, do you sleep with your front door unlocked?

I have for 7 years now and not one bloody person has tried to break in and ravage me!

lumoruk

did the other night, but I was tired and couldn't be bothered isn't … did the other night, but I was tired and couldn't be bothered isn't law to secure your broadband ?

Don't think it's law, but you are liable for all the data that passes through your router. So it's sensible to take adequate precautions and secure it.

Paddy_o_furniture

Twitter is an American based company. Their servers are all in the United States. Twitter can just ignore the legal documents sent to them by the footballer's lawyers because a UK judge has no authority to request IP addresses from a US based company.

The United States Constitution's 1st Amendment, which allows freedom of speech means no law has been broken.

I can bet the lawyers even know this, but they're getting paid hundreds of pounds an hour, so i'm not surprised they're going ahead with this anyway.

Twitter is an American based company. Their servers are all in the United … Twitter is an American based company. Their servers are all in the United States. Twitter can just ignore the legal documents sent to them by the footballer's lawyers because a UK judge has no authority to request IP addresses from a US based company.

I think Twitter will more than likely have servers within Europe, probably the UK. If this is the case then they are bound by our laws.

I think Twitter will more than likely have servers within Europe, … I think Twitter will more than likely have servers within Europe, probably the UK. If this is the case then they are bound by our laws.

The don't. Their servers are in a dedicated server installation in Salt Lake City.

Craig Bellamy is a possibility as it's on the Welsh news as well.

Banned

swanseamale472003

Craig Bellamy is a possibility as it's on the Welsh news as well.

I know Ryan Giggs is English really, but didn't he play for Wales? (Or is this just a case of Swansea v Cardiff rivalry!)

guv

I know Ryan Giggs is English really, but didn't he play for Wales? (Or is … I know Ryan Giggs is English really, but didn't he play for Wales? (Or is this just a case of Swansea v Cardiff rivalry!)

Ryan Giggs is Welsh

Banned

J

linuxlinks

Ryan Giggs is Welsh

I am aware he was born in Cardiff. I just expect he just wished it wasn't only at schoolboy level he played for England. (He might have had less free time on his hands!) X)

Edited by: "guv" 21st May 2011

guv

JI am aware he was born in Cardiff. I just expect he just wished it … JI am aware he was born in Cardiff. I just expect he just wished it wasn't only at schoolboy level he played for England. (He might have had less free time on his hands!) X)

You therefore know that your statement that Ryan Giggs is English is factually incorrect.

He just didn't want to play for England because he knew he would end up with a hump on his back carrying the rest of the overrated team X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1216
      2. One for the mathmeticians1219
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671415
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941350

See more discussions