Another Amazon gripe..

Found 8th Dec 2017
I ordered two items at the same time. Same item, just selected 2 as quantity.
Got an email this morning they have dispatched a portion of the order (one) and will send the rest of the order when stock becomes available. Both were available at time of order. Being delivered on Saturday, December 9th.
One minute later... I received a second email.
'Hello,
We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched the remainder of your items and that this completes your order'. This is being delved on Friday the 8th.
So the out of stock item is being delivered first?
Great!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Man, you are gonna need years of counselling to get over this. You may end up with PTSD and every time the door bell rings you will think of the postman and it will trigger memories of this trauma and you will reach for a glue gun to sniff. You are now in the same category as a Vietnam veteran.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.
That's nothing, I got 2 gearbest emails saying my orders were dispatched yesterday.
I received and Signed for the items last WKD
Edited by: "shadey12" 8th Dec 2017
Just as an FYI I ordered a pizza from my local pizzeria last night and it arrived 10 mins early all in one box.
30 Comments
deleted800342
What's the problem?
I have been buying from Amazon since its launch in the UK (1998/99?) and have never once had a problem with them. I must be one of the lucky ones
Perhaps the process of dispatching thousands of items a day can occasionally glitch?
Man, you are gonna need years of counselling to get over this. You may end up with PTSD and every time the door bell rings you will think of the postman and it will trigger memories of this trauma and you will reach for a glue gun to sniff. You are now in the same category as a Vietnam veteran.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Thank you for your support..lol. Not so much a gripe, but an observation. It does seem odd that an item that is 'out of stock is going to arrive before the one that is in stock.
Just so you know, Amazon have more than one warehouse Maybe not the reason, but just putting that out there.
As an aside I also got 2 despatch emails yesterday 10 minutes apart. Both items arrived this morning, in the same box
That's nothing, I got 2 gearbest emails saying my orders were dispatched yesterday.
I received and Signed for the items last WKD
Edited by: "shadey12" 8th Dec 2017
I ordered an item at 8pm one night, and it arrived 1pm next day.
I used the free delivery option.
This makes me wonder why they had at least two supposedly fast delivery options with charges.
Just as an FYI I ordered a pizza from my local pizzeria last night and it arrived 10 mins early all in one box.
deleted265520
davewave3 m ago

Just as an FYI I ordered a pizza from my local pizzeria last night and it …Just as an FYI I ordered a pizza from my local pizzeria last night and it arrived 10 mins early all in one box.

Did it include the mini patio table or will that be sent separately?
Shengis32 m ago

Just so you know, Amazon have more than one warehouse Maybe not the …Just so you know, Amazon have more than one warehouse Maybe not the reason, but just putting that out there.

True. I hadn't thought of that.
Predikuesi3 h, 40 m ago

I have been buying from Amazon since its launch in the UK (1998/99?) and …I have been buying from Amazon since its launch in the UK (1998/99?) and have never once had a problem with them. I must be one of the lucky ones

Do a bit more shopping with them this month and I'm sure you can break that record they're falling to bits at the moment.
MSK.32 m ago

Do a bit more shopping with them this month and I'm sure you can break …Do a bit more shopping with them this month and I'm sure you can break that record they're falling to bits at the moment.

have to agree, bought 9 things the other day and every one of them was late, first email said it would be tomorrow, second said 3 to 5 days to wait. Annoying thing was some of them were stuff for decorating and I had started to do the cutting in when the first email arrive you can imagine the email I sent them. I even told them to stop offering extra months of prime as it was now a joke so they gave me a months credit and a tenner as well. Then yesterday an order was supposed to come and you guessed it delayed again and another month of free prime. Thursdays next day delivery then became 5 days and its not like we live in the sticks either live near a big city. If I was paying full price and not the cough student prime I wouldn't be going back to them.
eslick5 m ago

have to agree, bought 9 things the other day and every one of them was …have to agree, bought 9 things the other day and every one of them was late, first email said it would be tomorrow, second said 3 to 5 days to wait. Annoying thing was some of them were stuff for decorating and I had started to do the cutting in when the first email arrive you can imagine the email I sent them. I even told them to stop offering extra months of prime as it was now a joke so they gave me a months credit and a tenner as well. Then yesterday an order was supposed to come and you guessed it delayed again and another month of free prime. Thursdays next day delivery then became 5 days and its not like we live in the sticks either live near a big city. If I was paying full price and not the cough student prime I wouldn't be going back to them.

I remember you saying about free prime.

You inspired me to try the same line. They said they would give me a £3 promo credit instead (the lowest I've ever heard of), then didn't apply it. So then I had to complain about that too

I hope you get it sorted. My longest delay was has five weeks so far. I really glad I only have two more things outstanding and one more order to place to use up my credit. I'm dying for an Amazon break.
sorry to smile about being delved on 8th! I had the same thing too, two items, both in stock, on same order, one part of order arrived today and one coming tomorrow.
should be able to get a lot of compensation from the distress they have caused
When stuff like that happens to me, I usually flip a coin.
Heads, I tell all the major new outlets around the world.
Tails, I don't tell anyone, because I don't think people will care.

Have you thought of buying this?
amazon.co.uk/DOU…SES
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell10 m ago

Have you thought of buying this?

But this will only give op more stress worrying about when it will be delivered.
joesmum1 h, 29 m ago

sorry to smile about being delved on 8th! I had the same thing too, two …sorry to smile about being delved on 8th! I had the same thing too, two items, both in stock, on same order, one part of order arrived today and one coming tomorrow.

Yeah, mine is two of the same item.
davewave7 h, 1 m ago

Perhaps the process of dispatching thousands of items a day can …Perhaps the process of dispatching thousands of items a day can occasionally glitch?

I think more than thousands! they wouldn't have formed their own delivery company for a few thousand
RealLawyer4 m ago

I think more than thousands! they wouldn't have formed their own delivery …I think more than thousands! they wouldn't have formed their own delivery company for a few thousand

Yes, it is at least thousands but several million or indeed billion or more is still a multiple of thousands tbh.
It was probably just that the picker (if human) grabbed one item instead of two (,he's fulfilling lots of different orders at a time) and at the end of that run it was easier to just enter on the system that it was OOS and it just gets put back into the system for another picker (as the system can see the stock level).
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell2 h, 18 m ago

When stuff like that happens to me, I usually flip a coin.Heads, I tell …When stuff like that happens to me, I usually flip a coin.Heads, I tell all the major new outlets around the world.Tails, I don't tell anyone, because I don't think people will care.Have you thought of buying this?https://www.amazon.co.uk/DOUBLE-SIDED-TAILED-Pence-TAILS/dp/B00S0B6SES

I care. I care about all petty whinges. This country is entirely powered by the energy whinging produces. It's our national sport and heritage.

And that's as patriotic as you will ever hear me get.
you're aware amazon has multiple different warehouses where they ship stock from, no?
maybe they had one in one place and one in another
Most likely reason is stock became available due to cancelation. Otherwise separate shipping is usually due to origination from different warehouses.
eset123455 h, 5 m ago

you're aware amazon has multiple different warehouses where they ship …you're aware amazon has multiple different warehouses where they ship stock from, no?maybe they had one in one place and one in another

No, they messed up...

32684530-aGyzu.jpg
Probably just down to where the managed to source the items from.

Amazon will ship from other countries to fulfil orders. Therefore they may have found one in the system, but just one, in say Italy, but it'll take 1 day to ship here and an extra day to ship to you.

Then perhaps they got some more stock in a UK warehouse in the interim and that will post in 1 day.
mrty7 h, 7 m ago

No, they messed up...[Image]

Fingers crossed you don't get the message that comes after this one, telling you that your item is lost.
I now know what's happened to my order...It's been bounced around the uk, in and out of our local distribution centre at Peterborough.
32691967-UjDbe.jpg32691967-x7Z2h.jpg32691967-vcuxk.jpg
Now we have snow, so not hopeful of getting it today...or tomorrow!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants