Another British Gas Price Hike planned - 3.5 million households to be affected.

Found 8th Aug
More bad news for British Gas customers!

3007465-x1HtA.jpg(via The Independant)

British Gas has announced it is raising the price on its standard variable tariff, blaming wholesale price increases.

The raise will be by 3.8%, which will take the average household bill to £1,205 per annum.

This is the second price rise this year for British Gas customers, luckily if you joined after March you are unlikely to be affected, as British Gas removed its standard variable tariff to new customers then.

It comes as Ofgem have also announced its raising the cap on its safeguard tariff by £47 a year.

Are you with British Gas? Will you be trying to switch providers / tariff before the increase?
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
Nope. Switched the outlaws to ovo 3 years ago from standard tariffs. They thought something was wrong as new supplier was so cheap.
wayners8th Aug

Nope. Switched the outlaws to ovo 3 years ago from standard tariffs. They …Nope. Switched the outlaws to ovo 3 years ago from standard tariffs. They thought something was wrong as new supplier was so cheap.

Just did a quote on there and it works out exactly the same as what I'm paying British Gas
drasim3 m ago

Just did a quote on there and it works out exactly the same as what I'm …Just did a quote on there and it works out exactly the same as what I'm paying British Gas

Try bulb(that's who im with and believe are cheaper than ovo) or just try money saving experts energy club.
Edited by: "winifer" 8th Aug
winifer5 m ago

Try bulb(that's who im with and believe are cheaper than ovo) or just try …Try bulb(that's who im with and believe are cheaper than ovo) or just try money saving experts energy club.

Thanks, just did a quick run and that works out 11% cheaper. Will take a look at others - appreciate it.
1,205 per annum?

Bloody hell. never paid that much in a 4 bedroom house with 5 people!
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 8th Aug
drasim5 m ago

Thanks, just did a quick run and that works out 11% cheaper. Will take a …Thanks, just did a quick run and that works out 11% cheaper. Will take a look at others - appreciate it.

No problem, nobody should be paying more than they need to for energy..
Just as an FYI if you do go with bulb they offer a referral link so if you know someone(doesn't have to be family or friends) on bulb you can get £50 initial credit on your account and the referrer gets £50.. Obviously not influencing or sharing my link on here as i'll get in trouble but just an FYI

Money saving experts tool should give you some info about each energy company aswell!
Edited by: "winifer" 8th Aug
This long summer will hit the big gas and electricity companies. We'll get hit with another raise in prices to cover the costs of what we never used during this summer.
Don't forget TCB when comparing prior to switching, there are some very chunky cashbacks available (more than MSE or U Switch) which can swing what you opt for . Got a 5year fixed rate with ENGIE back in April , £120 cashback and the 5 year rate was cheaper than the April rates for any of the so called "big 6" . 4 months down the line after 1 or 2 price rises by all the energy companies it has proved to be one of my "rare" better decisions
They all sing from the same hymn sheet don't they, always blaming everything else other than the amount of profit they need to make each year. Like STRICKIBHOY says, this extended heatwave will have them worried sick.
Why don't they just say we're going to be hit with a 5% increase each year regardless and be done with it. It's the same story when people get sick of their annual rip off and switch. They blame everything else other than admitting their greed is costing them business.
And yet there will still be people staying with them as they can’t be bothered or they get a “freebie” that’s gets posted on here every so often.
drasim1 h, 2 m ago

Just did a quote on there and it works out exactly the same as what I'm …Just did a quote on there and it works out exactly the same as what I'm paying British Gas

We are all on duel fuel tariffs... You must be on a good deal already. I left ovo for outfox the market... Outlaws paying £59pm for ovo on better energy tariff. I pay £90 a month but we have dishwasher. Tumble dryer ect. I was paying £110 per month with ovo so just a small saving
Edited by: "wayners" 8th Aug
😣😣😣
wayners2 h, 1 m ago

Nope. Switched the outlaws to ovo 3 years ago from standard tariffs. They …Nope. Switched the outlaws to ovo 3 years ago from standard tariffs. They thought something was wrong as new supplier was so cheap.

Hi Wayners. Ovo used to be cheap ( I was one of their first customers) but that was before the CEO took to funding the Marusia F1 team. Now, they hover just below the enormous boys. Might be worth a recheck.
At first we were with first utility at £80pm then moved to Bristol energy £59 pm now with ever smart energy £49 pm all duel fuel for a 3 bed house
im on ovo £1700 pa with edf it was £2100
_Rappy_30 m ago

im on ovo £1700 pa with edf it was £2100

What the heck are you doing? Slow roasting your yewman beanz?
They deserve to loose all their customers for their greed.
gcmarcal8 h, 9 m ago

1,205 per annum?Bloody hell. never paid that much in a 4 bedroom house …1,205 per annum?Bloody hell. never paid that much in a 4 bedroom house with 5 people!

34649831-2XFLe.jpg
It was warmer back in the day 34649975-0E3TN.jpg
Enstroga comes out cheaper than my Avro supply by £99 a year, cant be bothered to be honest
davewave14 h, 39 m ago

Enstroga comes out cheaper than my Avro supply by £99 a year, cant be …Enstroga comes out cheaper than my Avro supply by £99 a year, cant be bothered to be honest

Was checking as my fixed deals come to a close next month. Enstroga came out cheapest but........... Was about to bite the bullet then checked Trustpilot and the reviews are terrible. I'm not into review sites that much but when everyone tells the same/similar stories makes you think twice.
Still looking for cheap electricity BTW. Single supplier coming in cheaper than dual fuel for me
LOL! Glory be to our masonic master overlords
Ive been looking to swap from british gas but they all come up about the same price, checked bristol and bulb and they were more expensive, ill stick with them till my deal runs out next year
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants