Groups

Another chocolate shrinkage! Terry's Chocolate Orange now 157g, from 175g

The treat, first manufactured in York in 1932, has been reduced from 175g to 157g in weight – a cut of 10 per cent - prompting outrage among its fans.

They say the famous chocolate segments have been reduced in size by Cadbury, which is now owned by the US giant Mondelez International.

Aficionados of the orange flavoured confectionary have set up a Facebook page bemoaning its reduced weight.

41 Comments

Original Poster

Telegraph article

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2871301/chocolate-orange-o.gif

(Gif is no longer accurate :()

Banned

Vile things. Should be made extinct.

It's not chocolate, it's flavored margerine. Don't believe me? Check the ingredients.

shak

It's not chocolate, it's flavored margerine. Don't believe me? Check … It's not chocolate, it's flavored margerine. Don't believe me? Check the ingredients.

So much chocolate has become like that. Brown coloured fat, it's inedible

Won't be buying any, simple as.

Good to they've just swapped 5 and 7 digits on their wight only

mixmixi

Good to they've just swapped 5 and 7 digits on their wight only

​Isle be dammed!

cheeky beggars

It's not Terry's, it's mine.

Original Poster

Gollywood

​Isle be dammed!

You make one mistake...

oO

​I thought it was quite witty

Buy German chocolate its better, or swedish, belgium, French etc, basicly dont buy American or British

Error440

Buy German chocolate its better, or swedish, belgium, French etc, basicly … Buy German chocolate its better, or swedish, belgium, French etc, basicly dont buy American or British

​green and blacks?

Didn't this happen 6 months ago (or thereabouts)?

I find chocolate far too sweet now although I dont mind dark chocolate.

The bar stewarts (_;)

I love the terrys minis hope they keep them the same size.

haritori

I find chocolate far too sweet now although I dont mind dark chocolate.

​Just don't try 95% dark chocolate. Far too bitter!

MrScotchBonnet

Vile things. Should be made extinct.

First its stray cats now its Terry's chocolate orange anything else or u just having a bad day

Gollywood

​Isle be dammed!

But ... I love wight! (_;)

FantasyDeals

You make one mistake...oO

You made the ultimate mistake by inability to do interpretive thinking.

Error440

Buy German chocolate its better, or swedish, belgium, French etc, basicly … Buy German chocolate its better, or swedish, belgium, French etc, basicly dont buy American or British

Business managers impose a fatty magarine diet on people.

NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY THESE

I stopped buying them years ago when the company bought the site from rowntree, the factory was profitable and employed 254 ppl, but the greedy company relised they could make in one year what it would take 10yrs to make by moving production to Europe and sold the site to developers, 245 ppl out of work some had worked there all their lives and did gran parents

miles136

NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY THESEI stopped buying them years ago when the … NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY THESEI stopped buying them years ago when the company bought the site from rowntree, the factory was profitable and employed 254 ppl, but the greedy company relised they could make in one year what it would take 10yrs to make by moving production to Europe and sold the site to developers, 245 ppl out of work some had worked there all their lives and did gran parents

This practice is a common theme, money over people because money is money. WW2 is such a long time ago, we are not in it together as much as we once did.
    But it is a complex social and financial issue,
    1/ Bring EU workers to make things here, versus,
    2/ Send factory to EU or elsewhere.
    3/ Pay yourself more bonuses, versus,
    4/ pay yourself less and employ more local workers?

davewave

​green and blacks?

That's American, its owned by Cadbury or their overlords I forget which.

miles136

NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY THESEI stopped buying them years ago when the … NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY THESEI stopped buying them years ago when the company bought the site from rowntree, the factory was profitable and employed 254 ppl, but the greedy company relised they could make in one year what it would take 10yrs to make by moving production to Europe and sold the site to developers, 245 ppl out of work some had worked there all their lives and did gran parents

Made in poland now aren't they?

Error440

Made in poland now aren't they?

Yes, made in Poland but not for sale in Poland. If it's not good enough for the Polish......

The poles have those nice chocolate wafer biscuits and strawberry wafer biscuits and hazelnut wafer biscuits and all sorts of wafer biscuits. Not surprised they dont want powdered milk and orange oil flavoured palm fat segments.

the new weight just to catch you out , sneaky

Presumably the manfacturers will be claiming it is for our own good as part of a healthy eating agenda.....

Ingredients:Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried … Ingredients:Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Whey (from Milk), Milk Fat, Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea), Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Flavourings (Orange Oil, Vanillin).Ingredients:Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Whey (from Milk), Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea), Milk Fat, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin, Sunflower Lecithin, E476), Orange Oil, Flavourings.

They put two kinds of ingredients in twice!
    Edited by: "jeremyboden" 11th Oct 2016

choc horror

Has the price reflected the reduction in size?

dunc360

Has the price reflected the reduction in size?

Nope it's still a pound in Poundland lol.

I don't buy much English veggie choc anymore, too sweet and oily, Aldi and Lidl chocolate is far better, it actually does not give you a sore throat, I get a really sore throat after eating Mars and Yorkie........too sweet vile!

FantasyDeals

Telegraph article(Gif is no longer accurate :()

That GIF has never been accurate! You need a bloody hammer to seperate the segments of a Terry's Chocolate Orange! X)
    Edited by: "RossD89" 11th Oct 2016

Original Poster

RossD89

That GIF has never been accurate! You need a bloody hammer to seperate … That GIF has never been accurate! You need a bloody hammer to seperate the segments of a Terry's Chocolate Orange! X)

I just throw it at a wall

Error440

That's American, its owned by Cadbury or their overlords I forget which.

and G&B are very good which contradicts your advice not to buy American or British??!?

davewave

and G&B are very good which contradicts your advice not to buy American … and G&B are very good which contradicts your advice not to buy American or British??!?

Its average not a patch on what it was before the take over I stopped buying it long ago

Error440

Its average not a patch on what it was before the take over I stopped … Its average not a patch on what it was before the take over I stopped buying it long ago

nah it hasn't changed, maybe its just an unreasonable bias on your part?

davewave

nah it hasn't changed, maybe its just an unreasonable bias on your part?

It changed long ago when cadbury bought it, before cadbury themselves got taken over I believe.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4001685
      2. What is there free to do in your town?2031
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2444
      4. Samsung Note 822

See more discussions