Another Dumb Questions from me

8 replies
Found 5th Nov 2010
sorry for the dumb questions re computers ! i have on my computer the advanced registry optimizer (free version) it said it fixed some of my errors but need to pay to fix the others, is this recommended or not needed ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Not needed, someone will be along shortly to let you know which is the best free program to use.

Original Poster

thanks greg_68 you are so helpful when i ask questions and so nice, sometimes i am wary of posting on here lol !

CCleaner is good, Free available from here

shauneco

CCleaner is good, Free available from here

+1 for CCleaner, there are some good tools included with it such as a registry cleaner.

I dont think you ever need a registry cleaner. I have never used one nor felt the need for one.

Any registey cleaner is not really fixing errors, there are no errors in the registry.

All there usually is is old entries left over from programs you may have deleted, but they do no harm and do not slow your computer down.

Most of these registry cleaners are a con. And in fact can do more harm than good if they delete genuine entries from your registry.

Note also that most of these registry cleaner review sites are a scam as they are sponsored by the companies who make registry cleaners so dont believe them either.
Edited by: "guilbert53" 5th Nov 2010

guilbert53

I dont think you ever need a registry cleaner. I have never used one nor … I dont think you ever need a registry cleaner. I have never used one nor felt the need for one.Any registey cleaner is not really fixing errors, there are no errors in the registry.All there usually is is old entries left over from programs you may have deleted, but they do no harm and do not slow your computer down.Most of these registry cleaners are a con. And in fact can do more harm than good if they delete genuine entries from your registry. Note also that most of these registry cleaner review sites are a scam as they are sponsored by the companies who make registry cleaners so dont believe them either.

Exactly! But if you do want to use by use CCleaner as stated above. The latest version has some new tools. Be careful with the "Wipe" tool

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your help ! x

Banned

COMODO System Cleaner is the best I have used
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    2. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    4. word association Game74244916

See more discussions