Expired

Another ebay scammer?

Found 24th Feb
Been looking at this seller and it is a bit strange,they have got a few vehicles for sale which appear to be genuine and there address is on there listing (checked and is real ) anyway they have got 263 cars on ebay I know this is probably a scam but it seems a bit weird and where are they getting the pictures of the cars from as I can't see them on google or ebay .i wonder if they just go out taking random pics of peoples cars ? I imagine it's one of those things where they want you to email and transfer money to some off shore account

ebay.co.uk/itm…Y~X
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Just ask to pay on delivery or at point of purchase.
If he's a dealer he will give you his details and you can buy off eBay.
Why do you think it's a scam?
Possibly has cars stored somewhere and if you show interest he will get them in. Lots of small dealers do this.
Incidentally.. Listing not found.
After looking at that listing - lucky you. Good job you got suspicious.

Incidentally jackit, where did you vanish to for 4 years?
Edited by: "deeky" 24th Feb
This is someone with multi accounts .untd 4 u and coldhams '
The fact they have said they selling for a family member and tells you to email them and ‘she’ will send you details should ring alarm bells.

People are more likely to trust a ‘she’ over a ‘he’
Edited by: "SteMoss" 24th Feb
SteMoss2 m ago

The fact they have said they selling for a family member and tells you to …The fact they have said they selling for a family member and tells you to email them and ‘she’ will send you details should ring alarm bells. People are more likely to trust a ‘she’ over a ‘he’

Not to mention the number of cars the family member has for sale.
33323804-jnbc6.jpg

Their selling history.I think there is your answer
And to think someone will probably fall for this scam and there isnt much we can do. Its heartbreaking!
If you are ever suspicious just download the photo and do a reverse image and see if it pops up anywhere else. The one from coldhams, the lambretta is here

click

and on ebay here click
If you are suspicious about a seller on ebay have a look at their selling history on goofbay/goofbid

goofbid.com/eba…tml
if you cant link to eaby right, then dont post urls.
the ones i just checked posts dont take me to any member and just ebay

i have delt on ebay for 20 years and know the scams and help co right a book.
if you can send me the real user name i can look

ebay.co.uk/usr…559

post item numbers and seem the post of the bike had 12 listings and each one is removed
Edited by: "gatwick2018" 26th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants