Groups

Another HD Question and XBox.

OK...Got a Toshiba 37" telly
    xbox 360 premium for kids at christmas (ssshhhhh !!!)

Can I transfer downloaded (legally) HD movies onto the xbox hard drive from pc and watch them via the xbox / tosh combination?

Thanx !

5 Comments

I think you need to set up your own thread for that question halifax

Original Poster

OK...Got a Toshiba 37" telly
    xbox 360 premium for kids at christmas (ssshhhhh !!!)

Can I transfer downloaded (legally) HD movies onto the xbox hard drive from pc and watch them via the xbox / tosh combination?

Thanx !

Not without going down the modding route. The 'out of the box' feature is using the 360 as a media centre to stream video from a PC.

If you have media centre on your pc, you can watch nearly any video formats over the network, even ones that aren't supposed to be compatible by using a program called Transcode 360.

The 360 can play WMV files and WMV-HD files over the network or when burnt to disk.

There is a work aorund using Windows Media Player 11, but I'm not sure what it is, but a google search should come up with the info you require.

Microsoft have recently updated the xbox and some of the features.... Now you can stream any film from your PC library within Windows Media 11.

Therefore as long as the film is in a format that media player can use and that it is shared in the media player library you can play it.....

All browsing through your library is done via your xbox aswell so no running backwards and forwards to PC.

Great function no need for Windows Media PC anymore....

Rich
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions