Found 29th Jan
Okay so my dad has received a kodi box and wants me to set it up. I've gotten to a point where I give up.

He's turned it on and selected 'basic kodi config' so there's nothing on it whereas he was meant to select 'preloaded kodi config'

Anyone know how to sort this out please?

Only wants to watch movies

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Kodi
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Kodi
40 Comments

google areswizard thats a good start

wookie build is good... free... and regularly updated.

Google wookie build.

Original Poster

Thanks p, just going through that Wookie one now

He needs to delete the version of Kodi on it, get the one off playstore, got to seo Michael site and put Exodus and SALTS on it. Don't go with builds, it'll be full of crap he'll never use.

be careful as all the Internet provides are now cracking down on kodi users

Bushes

He needs to delete the version of Kodi on it, get the one off playstore, … He needs to delete the version of Kodi on it, get the one off playstore, got to seo Michael site and put Exodus and SALTS on it. Don't go with builds, it'll be full of crap he'll never use.

What he said.. And consider a VPN

Toon_army

Pulse build, absolute awesome build and everything you'll ever … Pulse build, absolute awesome build and everything you'll ever need.https://youtu.be/vvbMQzq7gKo

Better than 'The Beast'??

mib1984

be careful as all the Internet provides are now cracking down on kodi … be careful as all the Internet provides are now cracking down on kodi users

So scary \o>

Because the newspapers had that idiot who sold boxes with 'free sky sports' on the front of his shop does not mean there is a crackdown by Internet providers. Daily Mail readers!

mib1984

be careful as all the Internet provides are now cracking down on kodi … be careful as all the Internet provides are now cracking down on kodi users

No, they are not really. At most you'd get a letter trying to educate you. Then nothing for a period then possibly another letter, rinse and repeat until u have the max number of letter.

Then they stop selling them, and nowt else really happens.

Illegal streaming is rife, as it currently stands kodi users needs not worry.

This may change in a few years, but since every granny on Facebook seems to be streaming through kodi, I think they will need to attack the providers not the users.

jordygilly

Better than 'The Beast'??

Nothing is better than the sky q build, a lite build with all the best apps

Also google modbro and install that on to your box another app like kodo but doesn't require any setup and has all live TV channels including sports

Kodi*

colgrigson

What he said.. And consider a VPN

Why do u think he'll need a VPN? Nothing of any consequence will happen to anyone streaming through kodi addons.

mib1984

​no they're not

whats the royal rumble on?

You may get a letter at worst, ISP's are only really bothered about sharing content, VPN's are overkill IMO but each to their own. Just don't go donning tinfoil hats.

yipee

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/

​How did you get on?

DealPerv2016

Nothing is better than the sky q build, a lite build with all the best … Nothing is better than the sky q build, a lite build with all the best apps

I shall take a look, cheers

Governments are always two steps/five years out of date.

tempt

Chap in trouble for selling Kodi … Chap in trouble for selling Kodi boxes:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38769045

Luckily her Dad isn't looking to start selling them, isn't it...

tempt

Chap in trouble for selling Kodi … Chap in trouble for selling Kodi boxes:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38769045

That's the knobhead who outwardly advertised these boxes as 'free sky sports'. A massive cretin. Can I just say these are not 'kodi boxes', they are cheap Android boxes with the kodi app.

Erubadhron

Luckily her Dad isn't looking to start selling them, isn't it...

She might get into trouble for helping her dad with kodi :-)

tempt

She might get into trouble for helping her dad with kodi :-)

She might do, if she helps him by opening a shop that sells them

ritchiedrama

So scary \o>

Be scary when they cut off your net and the police are at the door. People seem to forget your IP address is constantly us motion while watching a film etc via kodi usually at 3 or so Mbps and all logged by your provider.

vocare88

Be scary when they cut off your net and the police are at the door. … Be scary when they cut off your net and the police are at the door. People seem to forget your IP address is constantly us motion while watching a film etc via kodi usually at 3 or so Mbps and all logged by your provider.

Show me any legal president for that in regard to streaming in the UK. In fact show me anything for a normal punter even using torrents.

IP address does not prove it was u and I think a test case in Germany/Ireland (I forget) agreed that IP address alone was insufficient.

vocare88

Be scary when they cut off your net and the police are at the door. … Be scary when they cut off your net and the police are at the door. People seem to forget your IP address is constantly us motion while watching a film etc via kodi usually at 3 or so Mbps and all logged by your provider.

See my last email.

Now I realise this is not UK case law but it is along the lines of the European thought process.

torrentfreak.com/jud…27/

vocare88

Europe court ruling snippets

"European Union Edit
In Europe, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has ruled that it is legal to create temporary or cached copies of works (copyrighted or otherwise) online.[1][2] The ruling relates to the British Meltwater case settled on 5 June 2014.[3][4]

The judgement of the court states that: "Article 5 of Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society must be interpreted as meaning that the copies on the user’s computer screen and the copies in the internet ‘cache’ of that computer’s hard disk, made by an end-user in the course of viewing a website, satisfy the conditions that those copies must be temporary, that they must be transient or incidental in nature and that they must constitute an integral and essential part of a technological process, as well as the conditions laid down in Article 5(5) of that directive, and that they may therefore be made without the authorisation of the copyright holders."[5]"

Again in favour of streamers in europe /UK.

Im pretty we aren't seeing the police turn up to some old dears house for watching Dads Army on a fully loaded box that was advertised and sold to her by amazon.

All that said, they will need to create some new laws or go after the sellers and the websites providing the streams Hard. Streaming is rife in the UK, there will be tens of thousands if not more people streaming in the uk. Just looking at my local Facebook page (in a small town), loaded firesticks and boxes are everywhere.

engadget.com/201…ter

Sending emails failed in the USA and they've ended the system. Plus there were actual (if only minor) repercussions there, you're connection could be throttled! As I mentioned earlier, tinfoil hats not required here.

vocare88

Please don't ever comment on anything to do with this subject, ever again.

Erubadhron

Please don't ever comment on anything to do with this subject, ever again.

I'm amazed they leave the house at any time.

Bushes

I'm amazed they leave the house at any time.

Exactly!
My mate knows someone who got arrested for going outside!

mib1984

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-warning-users-who-illegally-9693120.amp?client=ms-android-samsung

That story is so bad, love the made up kodi box. Pirate fighters! Garrrrrrrr!

mib1984

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-warning-users-who-illegally-9693120.amp?client=ms-android-samsung

Why do they publish such stories with almost no facts, its quite bizarre.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3172
    2. Free sweet Sunday’s code22
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769365
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380

See more discussions