Another laptop request (on a budget)

Posted 13th Oct
Been asked a lot before but can’t find anything I like in previously posted ones: New or Refurb.

Looking for 2 laptops:
One can be pretty basic - just needs to run smoothly and not die after a few years - it’s for my dad to just use word and some internet browsing and emails.

The second needs to be a bit of a better spec:
It’s for having multiple programmes open at once and 15-20 tabs on a browser. Decent storage as there will be quite a lot of different documents/pdf/images etc on it. Not huge requirements but needs to be slick/smooth with those processes.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Budget?
mds125613/10/2019 21:03

Budget?

£250 each if that’s doable, cheaper the better
cona_200713/10/2019 21:12

£250 each if that’s doable, cheaper the better

For the second machine I fear your budget is way too low.
You will need a device with lots of memory (about 8GB or more), preferably an SSD, and probably a good graphics card. And even then you will need to buy refurb, assuming your budget cannot be raised substantially.
You are right that your software and processing requirements should drive your choice of hardware but when your budget simply does not stretch, a review of sorts is required.

For the first machine, just pick something from morgancomputers.co.uk
tardytortoise14/10/2019 07:42

For the second machine I fear your budget is way too low.You will need a …For the second machine I fear your budget is way too low.You will need a device with lots of memory (about 8GB or more), preferably an SSD, and probably a good graphics card. And even then you will need to buy refurb, assuming your budget cannot be raised substantially.You are right that your software and processing requirements should drive your choice of hardware but when your budget simply does not stretch, a review of sorts is required.For the first machine, just pick something from morgancomputers.co.uk

Okay, I had looked myself and only going century old stuff for the second one in budget, with the right spec. Thanks for the advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants