Groups
    EXPIRED

Another one of those 'how much is it worth' thread

I'm looking to buy the HTC Desire next month when my o2 contract runs out.

Does anyone know how much i should ask for my 16GB iPhone 3G?

If it makes any difference im looking to sell it offline to one of my friends. It currently has quite a few scratches, including some on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Everything else works tiptop.

I bought it last year for £260 so what would a fair price to ask for it now?

9 Comments

i would say anywhere between £200-240 depending on the condition and how quickly you want to get rid of it

Banned

You'd get £168 for a poor condition unlocked iPhone from CEX. Possibly more on ebay but then there's hassle and fees etc so if you're selling to a good mate then somewhere around £150??

Ooops just saw that was older iPhone. Yours would get £192 at CEX so maybe £175?

Banned

He's a mate, let him have it for a couple of pints :thumbsup:
    Or just see what price they are reaching on ebay

Original Poster

haha, maybe mates, but its worth more than a pint lol.

I did look on ebay, but was trying to see if the scratches make the price drastically lower in value.

Around £200 i'll ask then.

Cheers guys!

Banned

matt3454;8364245

haha, maybe mates, but its worth more than a pint lol. I did look on … haha, maybe mates, but its worth more than a pint lol. I did look on ebay, but was trying to see if the scratches make the price drastically lower in value.Around £200 i'll ask then.Cheers guys!

Any sort of cracking on the back will drastically reduce its value!

Original Poster

master_chief;8364256

Any sort of cracking on the back will drastically reduce its value!

Oh.. ive got a small crack coming away from the data connection port on the bottom of the phone. Drat.

Banned

matt3454;8364315

Oh.. ive got a small crack coming away from the data connection port on … Oh.. ive got a small crack coming away from the data connection port on the bottom of the phone. Drat.

Knock £50 off straight away then at least.

Original Poster

master_chief;8364323

Knock £50 off straight away then at least.

£50??? Really? Its just a tiny crack, makes no difference to the phone at all.

supermod

Thread Closed at OP Request. Thanks for the report.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Salecharms.com is this a genuine pandora retailer?34
    2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??37
    3. Iphone 6 to which handset?711
    4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.914

See more discussions