another pc problem

Banned 7 replies
Found 14th Nov 2007
i was building a pc when i came across the mother board did not work i have since replaced it
now i have installed XP and i could not boot disk as the dvd-rw drive did not work but luckily i had installed a dvd player as i did plan to use a dual core and i could have made dvds while watching 1 on the dvd player drive.but with all the problems im not going to spend another penny on it now.

the problem lies with in the dvd-Rw not working and i have just inserted my motherboard drivers disk which did not work on the dvd-rw but the dvd-rw is a working drive so anyone got any ideas?on what the problem may be?just so i can get rid of it as not willing to work on it or spend what very little money i have left on it

1. Misc
  2. Movie
  3. PC
8 Comments

hayton2k3

i was building a pc when i came across the mother board did not work i … i was building a pc when i came across the mother board did not work i have since replaced itnow i have installed XP and i could not boot disk as the dvd-rw drive did not work but luckily i had installed a dvd player as i did plan to use a dual core and i could have made dvds while watching 1 on the dvd player drive.but with all the problems im not going to spend another penny on it now.the problem lies with in the dvd-Rw not working and i have just inserted my motherboard drivers disk which did not work on the dvd-rw but the dvd-rw is a working drive so anyone got any ideas?on what the problem may be?just so i can get rid of it as not willing to work on it or spend what very little money i have left on it

Is the DVD-RW plugged in? :?

Make sure all connectors are securely in, and the right way round! Thats about as far as my knowledge goes on this! :thumbsup: Hope it helps tho!

Original Poster Banned

birdyboyuk

Is the DVD-RW plugged in? :? Make sure all connectors are securely in, … Is the DVD-RW plugged in? :? Make sure all connectors are securely in, and the right way round! Thats about as far as my knowledge goes on this! :thumbsup: Hope it helps tho!

plugged in and wired up correctly.but il make sure just now

Is it sharing a cable with another device (e.g. a CD player or hard drive?). If so, amke sure that you've set the master/slave settings for each device.

Actually, even if the DVD player is plugged into its own lead the master/slave setting will still need to be checked.

Original Poster Banned

cis_groupie

Is it sharing a cable with another device (e.g. a CD player or hard … Is it sharing a cable with another device (e.g. a CD player or hard drive?). If so, amke sure that you've set the master/slave settings for each device.

sharing with dvd,player,dvd-rw is set as master and dvd player is a slave.i have just turned comp off and un-plugged dvd player so just dvd-rw is in and still not working

To save time working out which is master/slave set your jumpers to Cable Select, job done. Check your BIOS too.

Perhaps its a non-working DVD-RW then? Is there another you can try? Perhaps try plugging in a CD Rom drive, see if that works...:thinking:

Original Poster Banned

birdyboyuk

Perhaps its a non-working DVD-RW then? Is there another you can try? … Perhaps its a non-working DVD-RW then? Is there another you can try? Perhaps try plugging in a CD Rom drive, see if that works...:thinking:

its just not my luck,other dvd drives work and the rw is pulled from my machine working
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56530
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions