Groups

another pc question! help please

hi guys, my mate who hate the pop up problems now gets a blue page when booting, saying problem so closing down.....it wont allow a safe mode boot or anything....is it dead???

can owt be done?

can it be wiped and started again after this, if so is it easy and where can you buy fair priced OS?

THANK YOU ALL XX

off to race for life now, so i wont be able to reply till this afternoon

10 Comments

What make is it?

I had a Packard bell which went up the wall, I just pressed and held F11 down when starting up computer, and it then ask if you want to do a destructive or non destructive factory restore, which I did and it cleared all problems.

Original Poster

i will ask, thank you -

any other ideas guys?

Original Poster

its a dell if that makes a diff

seems it will be a new pc then? - anybody?

Banned

just re-format and reinstall the OS (linux)

Original Poster

how do you reformat? just put in the xp disc? does it not have to be wiped or summing first?

Banned

loupomm;5612871

how do you reformat? just put in the xp disc? does it not have to be … how do you reformat? just put in the xp disc? does it not have to be wiped or summing first?

yep :thumbsup:

Original Poster

csiman;5616612

yep :thumbsup:

hmmmm the machine does nothing, maybe the fault is elsewhere

Banned

need far more info than " saying problem so closing down"

loupomm;5617278

hmmmm the machine does nothing, maybe the fault is elsewhere

When you switch it on do you get to option to press one of the F keys to get into the set up?

If you can, then set it to boot from the CD drive first

Original Poster

csiman;5617289

need far more info than " saying problem so closing down"

yes sorry, im getting the info bit by bit, so i will take a look and post more

angelkelly;5617302

When you switch it on do you get to option to press one of the F keys to … When you switch it on do you get to option to press one of the F keys to get into the set up?If you can, then set it to boot from the CD drive first

i will try this also, thank you

rep left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1327
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial66
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414088
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764334

See more discussions