Another question about Amazon gift cards..

Found 3rd Mar 2015
Who sells them? I know most supermarkets sell them but I would like people to chip in so I can make a list.

The more the merrier as I am doing a little experiment.

If my list in incorrect please let me know. List in first post.
Community Updates
19 Comments
List, please help me add to it:

Sainsburys
Asda
Tesco
Argos
Wilkinsons
Clintons Cards
WHSmith
Superdrug (not sure)
Morrisons
Edited by: "NEtech" 3rd Mar 2015
Amazon themselves sell them too
Why?
Panixs

Why?

So I can buy some. Got a plan.
morrisons

Comment

NEtech

If its a follow on from your previous question and involves somehow buying them on the cheap at shops using other gift cards be aware that most retailers don't allow you to purchase gift cards with gift cards.
NEtech

Which is...
Panixs

CommentIf its a follow on from your previous question and involves … CommentIf its a follow on from your previous question and involves somehow buying them on the cheap at shops using other gift cards be aware that most retailers don't allow you to purchase gift cards with gift cards.

^This.
NEtech

are you going to use the Amazon gift cards on Amazon online in exchange for stuff they sell...that's so incredibly cunning...
before you waste money, you should know that you can't use vouches/gift cards to purchase over gift cards
i smell a cashback plan
So could I purchase a gift card and use that to purchase an Amazon Gift card? Say I can get other cards at a knock down price could I use that to purchase an Amazon gift card?

Could I walk into Argos with an Argos gift card and use to purchase an Amazon gift card? I can't see that being a problem, why would it?
NEtech

So could I purchase a gift card and use that to purchase an Amazon Gift … So could I purchase a gift card and use that to purchase an Amazon Gift card? Say I can get other cards at a knock down price could I use that to purchase an Amazon gift card?Could I walk into Argos with an Argos gift card and use to purchase an Amazon gift card? I can't see that being a problem, why would it?

Pretty sure most gift cards have terms and conditions which prevent you from buying other gift cards. Can't find a place it says it for Argos gift cards but it's probably on the small text printed on the voucher.

For Amazon:
Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards and Gift Certificates can't be used to purchase other gift cards and gift certificates or applied to any order containing another gift card or gift certificate.

Also those Argos vouchers you get if you spend over a certain amount don't apply if you're spending that amount on gift cards. If they allowed that, you could pretty much get free money.
dreadzone101

Pretty sure most gift cards have terms and conditions which prevent you … Pretty sure most gift cards have terms and conditions which prevent you from buying other gift cards. Can't find a place it says it for Argos gift cards but it's probably on the small text printed on the voucher.For Amazon:Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards and Gift Certificates can't be used to purchase other gift cards and gift certificates or applied to any order containing another gift card or gift certificate.Also those Argos vouchers you get if you spend over a certain amount don't apply if you're spending that amount on gift cards. If they allowed that, you could pretty much get free money.

Yeah I understand the £10 free on £100 spend not being able to work with gift cards but assumed I could buy an Amazon gift card with an Argos gift card. I will have to look into it and find out.

Cheers.
NEtech

Yeah I understand the £10 free on £100 spend not being able to work with g … Yeah I understand the £10 free on £100 spend not being able to work with gift cards but assumed I could buy an Amazon gift card with an Argos gift card. I will have to look into it and find out.Cheers.

For Sainsbury's gift cards, first in the excluded products list is, branded gift cards. I doubt Argos are any different. If somewhere allows gift cards to be bought with gift cards they wouldn't have expiry dates and they might as well allow you to redeem them for cash.
NEtech

Could I walk into Argos with an Argos gift card and use to purchase an … Could I walk into Argos with an Argos gift card and use to purchase an Amazon gift card? I can't see that being a problem, why would it?

Pretty sure Argos don't sell Amazon cards to start with.....but happy to be wrong? Regardless, you can't buy other giftcards with Argos giftcards in Argos.
Can't buy any gift cards with other gift cards. Can't 'gift a gift' effectively either. Sorry but can't move the money about to generate Cashback or free vouchers. Already looked into it and the small prints. Everyone is the same, it's not USA where you can use coupon after coupon and get $$$ of shopping for a buck here. Which sucks lol!
Thanks all, was worth looking into.
Buying a gift card with a gift card isn't allowed as it was used to launder money.
You use dirty money to buy gift cards then switch that gift card into another one, rinse and repeat. After a few jumps between gift cards its impossible to trace the starting point.
I saw a similar question a few weeks ago and decided to research why it wasn't allowed.

Another source of Amazon vouchers is TCB. Ay earnings can be converted and have an addition 5% bonus ie £10 becomes £10.50 in Amazon vouchers.
Edited by: "joedastudd" 4th Mar 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants