Another Rant

Found 19th May 2009
I have just been made redundant for the first time in my life (I'm 51), when I went to the job centre to see what I could claim for, I was honest and said some weeks I could work up to 15 hours approx Stewarding at Millennium Stadium ,Cardiff Blues rugby and working for Showsec. I was then told I am not eligable for a penny and I am not classed as unemployed !!!!!
What is this country coming to???

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
70 Comments

sorry to hear about the redundancy, my sis and a few friends have been let go too. I think if the stewarding job is not a regular thing you should maybe think about giving that up or doing it as a volunteer in future?
Either that or keep it up and fingers crossed you get some more work soon. Good luck

Again sorry to hear that...I was out of work about 2 years ago for 3 months and its very tough...Must be worse now but I did get all my transport to interviews paid for...One last thought why do you think honest people get shafted..Good Luck :thumbsup:

Go back and lie through your front teeth like the dole mole chav scumbags that are bringing this country to its knees (and no, I dont mean politicians;) )

Jobcentre is the worst thing invented they do nothing to help you and look at you as if your a piece of street trash - thats why people are unemployed so long as theres no help to get them into work

My Son has been made redundant and him and his wife are expecting a baby in three weeks. He gets £57 a week I believe. As an engineer their is just no work.
The whole system is a joke and I put it down to us being British, they are saving the benefits to give to those that just walk into the country after having never contributed...
My rant would go on for ever. Good luck.

I thought when you claimed JobSeekers you also work up to 16 hours a week?
direct.gov.uk/en/…757

Rephrase that: If you're out of work or working less than 16 hours a week on average, you may be able to get Jobseeker's Allowance

The reason is that you have to work 16 hours a week to qualify for benefits so they won't put you on the list of unemployed as they try to keep as many people off it as possible, they don't put under 18s or over 60s on it either. This way it looks as if less people are out of work!!!
Going slightly off thread all the girls at work have upped their hours to at least 16 just in case!!

lufc_ginge;5258385

Go back and lie through your front teeth like the dole mole chav scumbags … Go back and lie through your front teeth like the dole mole chav scumbags that are bringing this country to its knees (and no, I dont mean politicians;) )

It's the only way you're going to get anything i'm afriad, honesty, gets you knowhere in this country...

WHY?....why are you not eligble....WTF is this country coming to...no offence to the genuine asylum seekers that come....but as soon as one does, money, house, car.....everything.....and to the real citizens who pay every penny in tax and NI.....THIS!

so why are you not eligble...under what grounds did they say your not....!!!!!!!!

Go back and say you don't do anything, but are actively seeking.

You'll get your benefits then, and you can do your part-time 'volunteer' work with back hands no problem

I'm actually being fairly serious, or at very least cut down the hours.

Its because you have to be available a minimun of 16 hours a week.

Original Poster

All the hour's I work stewarding are during the weekend or from 7 - 11pm at night. and if I claimed any monies over £5 I earn will be taken from my "benifit". The only way I could claim anything would be to give up my part time work for 6 months to claim job seekers allowance as you say £56 per week, but as I can earn up to £14 hour stewarding who is to say that the work would be offered to me after 6 months.

I think one reason I am not eligable may be because I was born in Britain!!

Original Poster

dandoc2;5258399

Jobcentre is the worst thing invented they do nothing to help you and … Jobcentre is the worst thing invented they do nothing to help you and look at you as if your a piece of street trash - thats why people are unemployed so long as theres no help to get them into work

:thinking: You have to have an appointment to go into a Jobcentre now a-days and there are security guards on the door to limit the amount of people in there!!

I know someone who recently gone on JSA,and they volunteer at a school,amongst doing some other hours elsewhere,they must be doing 15hrs + week volunteering work,but still getting JSA. He was on DLA with Income Support and Incapcity,I really don't know why he was on all that and still volunteering cos surely then eligible for work. Anyway they stopped his Income Support and Incapicity and he now signs on JSA.
I'm surprised he not been sent on some Job Centre course or other, YMCA,New Deal etc.

My commiserations to you on your redundancy. You are not alone. Many hard workers have lost their jobs due to this economic recession. It is despicable that after working so long in this country that you are unable to claim benefits now you need them.

My advice would be to trawl the temporary work agencies and sign up for anything you can get to tide you over during these rough times. I wish you find employment soon and the best of luck in the future.

DragonChris;5258447

Go back and say you don't do anything, but are actively seeking.You'll … Go back and say you don't do anything, but are actively seeking.You'll get your benefits then, and you can do your part-time 'volunteer' work with back hands no problem :)I'm actually being fairly serious, or at very least cut down the hours.

The system is flawed and geared towards people who don't really want to be bothered working,the above advice is the only way you can get what you are entitled to,do it without hesitation.

Banned

Wow... so you WORK... and also want tax payers to fund you. Lovely ain't ya.

vibeone;5258736

Wow... so you WORK... and also want tax payers to fund you. Lovely ain't … Wow... so you WORK... and also want tax payers to fund you. Lovely ain't ya.

Everyone don't bite!!! He/She/It will go away. :thumbsup:

Boogie83e;5258870

Everyone don't bite!!! He/She/It will go away. :thumbsup:

Maybe....

Original Poster

vibeone;5258736

Wow... so you WORK... and also want tax payers to fund you. Lovely ain't … Wow... so you WORK... and also want tax payers to fund you. Lovely ain't ya.

:x why not I have worked since I left school at 17 and have paid my NI and tax on all my earnings, and you have scum coming into this country and putting their hands out and getting everything with out contributing a penny, there are families out there who are on their 3rd generation of being unemployable, have no intention of getting a job only demanding everything, free houses and rent and all I want is what I should get help with finding a job !

fern;5258926

:x why not I have worked since I left school at 17 and have paid my NI … :x why not I have worked since I left school at 17 and have paid my NI and tax on all my earnings, and you have scum coming into this country and putting their hands out and getting everything with out contributing a penny, there are families out there who are on their 3rd generation of being unemployable, have no intention of getting a job only demanding everything, free houses and rent and all I want is what I should get help with finding a job !

Was it Barry jobcentre? They have a security guard on the door, he needs a good left hook i tell ya!

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;5258941

Was it Barry jobcentre? They have a security guard on the door, he needs … Was it Barry jobcentre? They have a security guard on the door, he needs a good left hook i tell ya!

no Charles Street in cardiff, the one with all the muppets and dogs outside

Banned

fern;5258926

:x why not I have worked since I left school at 17 and have paid my NI … :x why not I have worked since I left school at 17 and have paid my NI and tax on all my earnings, and you have scum coming into this country and putting their hands out and getting everything with out contributing a penny, there are families out there who are on their 3rd generation of being unemployable, have no intention of getting a job only demanding everything, free houses and rent and all I want is what I should get help with finding a job !

Then stick to the rules - either you are more than the minimum or less.

if you want the cash - do less, if you'd rather do your stewading, don't get the cash. Simples.

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;5258899

Maybe....

You know me too well :-p

fern;5258926

So as British citizen, you want to commit a crime but that makes you no better than the very people you are ranting about who get all the handouts!

vibeone;5259327

Then stick to the rules - either you are more than the minimum or less.if … Then stick to the rules - either you are more than the minimum or less.if you want the cash - do less, if you'd rather do your stewading, don't get the cash. Simples.

If he's paid his tax why shouldn't he be entitled to some help?
I got fobbed off when I tried to claim so had to live of my savings yet I see immigrants in the post office collecting huge wads with their benefit books!
The way some things are managed in this country makes me sick, they should change the rules so only people who have paid a certain amount of tax can get benefits.
So many people that claim sick that are fine to work & people that come here just to bleed us dry, all of them seem to get an easy ride yet when someone genuinely needs help they get told to do one!

fern37;5259527

So as British citizen, you want to commit a crime but that makes you no … So as British citizen, you want to commit a crime but that makes you no better than the very people you are raning about who get all the handouts!

Go away :roll:

fern37;5259527

So as British citizen, you want to commit a crime but that makes you no … So as British citizen, you want to commit a crime but that makes you no better than the very people you are raning about who get all the handouts!

idiot

boothy;5260458

idiot

How?!!

There are people out there working and claiming benefits which makes it harder for the rest of us genuine ones to get anything without being asked a million and one questions! All I'm saying is that, yes it is unfair that the OP is not getting any benefits but she has complicated matters by holding on to her stewarding. It has to be one or the other....as someone who is off work long term sick, I wish I could work a few hours and claim but I can't so I stay on benefits until I am well again to get a permanent job. The people in the job centres are only enforcing rules that are dictated to them.

Btw..I agree that immigrants are getting money handed out to them left right and centre and think it is wrong but this is 2 separate issues. If the OP wasn't getting the benefits and had no other job then they are being robbed and can have a go at immigrants.

Banned

fern;5258926

Why?

Sorry to hear this Fern. Good luck with finding a new job.

fern;5258926

So it's not just the scum but people in this country too. Council estates are full of them...teenage girls who set out to get pregnant so they can get a council house and money to fund their chavvy lifestyles!

Banned

stgeorge;5259968

If he's paid his tax why shouldn't he be entitled to some help?I got … If he's paid his tax why shouldn't he be entitled to some help?I got fobbed off when I tried to claim so had to live of my savings yet I see immigrants in the post office collecting huge wads with their benefit books! The way some things are managed in this country makes me sick, they should change the rules so only people who have paid a certain amount of tax can get benefits.So many people that claim sick that are fine to work & people that come here just to bleed us dry, all of them seem to get an easy ride yet when someone genuinely needs help they get told to do one!

How do you know they're immigrants?

Original Poster

fern37;5259527

So as British citizen, you want to commit a crime but that makes you no … So as British citizen, you want to commit a crime but that makes you no better than the very people you are ranting about who get all the handouts!

:x Who said I wanted to commit a crime?
I know all about the teenage girls as my OH works for a housing Association, and the things that the tennants get away with is criminal, but she is not allowed to report them to the DSS :x

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5261077

I think the language they are speaking is a give away!

sorry bout your redundancy in my experience al you get when your redundant is a load of forms to fill in with no help and some snotty person sitting at their desk judging you

FilthAndFurry;5261077

They live on my estate & I know they are immigrants I also know how long they have been here & that they are almost certainly on the fiddle.
I've been tempted to shop a few of them!
If you were trying to imply I was discriminating then you are wrong.

Original Poster

stgeorge;5261683

They live on my estate & I know they are immigrants I also know how long … They live on my estate & I know they are immigrants I also know how long they have been here & that they are almost certainly on the fiddle. I've been tempted to shop a few of them! If you were trying to imply I was discriminating then you are wrong.

:? SHOP THEM

fern;5262194

:? SHOP THEM

I must admit these & the two blokes that keep fly-tipping down my alley are really tempting me.
Post a comment
@
    Text