Groups

Another sassie moment (allergie to fibre)

Banned
    I know this is going to sound absolutley blonde, but can you be allergic to fibre? all week i have been itching like mad, i have about 6 white lumps that i have scratched to death on my legs, yesterday i realised that i had only become like this since last wednesday (new fibre filled suite)

55 Comments

You can be allergic to anything.

Try taking a hayfever pill. :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

the lumps look like bites, white lumps with like a pin head in them, i thought allergies where like a rash:?

Allergies can show themselves in all different ways

Antihistamines will help if it is an allergic reaction

Syzable

You can be allergic to anything.Try taking a hayfever pill. :thumbsup:

Even oxygen?
    Water?
    :giggle:

sassie

the lumps look like bites, white lumps with like a pin head in them, i … the lumps look like bites, white lumps with like a pin head in them, i thought allergies where like a rash:?

Sounds like the black death i'm afraid.........oh well. :w00t: :giggle:

Merry Xmas. :santa:

Original Poster Banned

oh great, will be body get used to it, or am i going to have to take these all the time?

t0mm

Even oxygen? Water?:giggle:

Strangely enough...............yes. :shock:

sassie

oh great, will be body get used to it, or am i going to have to take … oh great, will be body get used to it, or am i going to have to take these all the time?

I wouldn't worry about taking them all the time...................i'd say you've only got 4 days left max. ;-)

Syzable

Strangely enough...............yes. :shock:

Agreed, both are highly dangerous and potentially fatal:whistling:

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

I wouldn't worry about taking them all the time...................i'd say … I wouldn't worry about taking them all the time...................i'd say you've only got 4 days left max. ;-)

shut up you, this is one of my serious threads, its driving me nuts:oops:

sassie

its driving me nuts:oops:

Now there is another problem all of it's own...............does the rash have a licence? :? :whistling:

In all seriousness though............try antihistamines and if it persists then the new suite will need to go. :-(

Original Poster Banned

oh ffs this really aint my chuffin week:oops:

Before you do anything drastic though, have a think:

Have you used different washing powder, eaten something different, cleaned the sheets. (sorry :oops: ), worn something new etc.

It could be any number of things, you'll need to backtrack.

EDIT - It could be stress as well due to the Musthave probs...................so many things it can be.

Couldn't be animal fleas could it?

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

Before you do anything drastic though, have a think:Have you used … Before you do anything drastic though, have a think:Have you used different washing powder, eaten something different, cleaned the sheets. (sorry :oops: ), worn something new etc.It could be any number of things, you'll need to backtrack.

No, i havent changed anything, the only thing i know i come out in massive lumps like this is when i have been bitten, never had any allergies to anything other than mossies, gnats, cat fleas etc, The thing is i noticed yesterday as soon as i sit on suite i feel itchy if that makes sense

Original Poster Banned

bobbybox

Couldn't be animal fleas could it?

not unless animals got into furnitre village :w00t: But i must admit my first thought was this but we havent been anywhere that have cats

If it's brand new then it could even be the fact that it's recently been scotch guarded. If that's the case then it will become less of an irritant with time as it wears in and settles a bit.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

If it's brand new then it could even be the fact that it's recently been … If it's brand new then it could even be the fact that it's recently been scotch guarded. If that's the case then it will become less of an irritant with time as it wears in and settles a bit.

no it hasnt, couldnt afford the extra £170 on top:w00t:

Banned

Syzable

If it's brand new then it could even be the fact that it's recently been … If it's brand new then it could even be the fact that it's recently been scotch guarded. If that's the case then it will become less of an irritant with time as it wears in and settles a bit.

have you got crabs ? or if they are bigger thats lobsters :giggle: http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/xmas/b022.gif

sassie

not unless animals got into furnitre village :w00t: But i must admit my … not unless animals got into furnitre village :w00t: But i must admit my first thought was this but we havent been anywhere that have cats

Well someone once said a lot of animals work there:giggle:

suites are like new clothes. They're stiff, starchy and sprayed in ****. They've been from abroad to factory to shop and are covered in invisible dust. I know its a stupid thing to say, given its a new suite, but give it a light clean and a good vacuum.

Also this is the time of year for dust mites. They hide in furniture and beds and love heat. With it being so cold suddenly over the past week perhaps you need to turn over your mattress and leave the window open for a day?

Hope it clears soon hun!!

and before Syzable starts invisible dust is not some magic thing

mel xx

how about mattress mites perhaps they are in the suite.this is possible on a new suite so i have been led too believe.must be something you can spray it with perhaps worth a try or even the fire retardent in the material

bloomin eck i was typing and a page fills up!

Hi Sassie

Id definatly take some antihystamines they will help with the itching.
    Just double check if you take any other medication for conflicts on the packets info sheet. (I used to work in a pharmacy)

You may only need them for a few days as some allergic reations can calm down after prolonged exposure.

Just a couple of quick questions...

1) Are the places where the rash is bare when sitting on the sofa?...

As lots of new sofas etc are treated with a stain resistant spray and this can cause irritation if contact with skin.
    or it could also be some of the fibres may be poking through the cover and scratching the skin...these fibres will wear away after a while...or maybe sit on a blanket for a few days.

2) do you have a cat/dog? or has the carpet likely had cats/dogs on it?

As fleas can stay unnoticed in carpets etc for months and just suddenly appear when heating is used etc...I had this in a flat I lived in once and we had no pets at all!

3) or is it likely that you have come into contact with anything else that could have caused a reaction?...new bath products etc?

Hope this helps,
    I hate when my allergies flare up...drives me insane!!:x

Kim:)

(blimey I must be slow typing as theres lots of my suggestions have already appeared lol)

Original Poster Banned

when i plonk my bum on it, even when clothed it feels *****ly, the suite is rather smooth so i can't understand where the *****ly feeling is coming from and i just know what i have said makes no sense whatsoever but it did to me:roll:

Try going naked for a while as you may be allergic to your clothing fibres too and use a leather settee, if you havent got a leather sofa you can borrow mine.........................cancel that the OH may get a bit worried finding a naked blonde lying around the house, even I wouldnt be able to explain that one :giggle: Seriously though hope you get to the erm bottom of it you havent change wash powder or like toiletries lately have you?

As daft as it sounds it has been known for people to get fleas and bedbugs with new furniture as it is transported in the same lorries/vans as they take the old ones away in, scary thought or what?

there's no need to use such foul language ha ha

Perhaps the suite is allergic to you! :? Its payback time! ;-) (Well, how would you like it if someone sat on you!)[SIZE="1"](if Gemma Atkinson...drool!)[/SIZE]

Original Poster Banned

kimbo_frog

Hi SassieId definatly take some antihystamines they will help with the … Hi SassieId definatly take some antihystamines they will help with the itching.Just double check if you take any other medication for conflicts on the packets info sheet. (I used to work in a pharmacy)You may only need them for a few days as some allergic reations can calm down after prolonged exposure.Just a couple of quick questions...1) Are the places where the rash is bare when sitting on the sofa?...As lots of new sofas etc are treated with a stain resistant spray and this can cause irritation if contact with skin.or it could also be some of the fibres may be poking through the cover and scratching the skin...these fibres will wear away after a while...or maybe sit on a blanket for a few days.2) do you have a cat/dog? or has the carpet likely had cats/dogs on it?As fleas can stay unnoticed in carpets etc for months and just suddenly appear when heating is used etc...I had this in a flat I lived in once and we had no pets at all!3) or is it likely that you have come into contact with anything else that could have caused a reaction?...new bath products etc?Hope this helps,I hate when my allergies flare up...drives me insane!!:x Kim:)

1) the itching is all over even when clothes, its like a pric kly itch, i only have these bite looking marks on legs which are bare

2) no pets whatsoever unless you class the kids;-)

3)no new products used

maybe th man who has been hiding under your bed has been biting you when your a sleep ??

Original Poster Banned

SpecialK

maybe th man who has been hiding under your bed has been biting you when … maybe th man who has been hiding under your bed has been biting you when your a sleep ??

if he was small enough to fit under my bed trust me he wouldnt have the strength to move let alone bite

Original Poster Banned

harlzter

As daft as it sounds it has been known for people to get fleas and … As daft as it sounds it has been known for people to get fleas and bedbugs with new furniture as it is transported in the same lorries/vans as they take the old ones away in, scary thought or what?

as daft as that sounds i have thought of this, because they do look like bites

SpecialK

how about mattress mites perhaps they are in the suite.this is possible … how about mattress mites perhaps they are in the suite.this is possible on a new suite so i have been led too believe.must be something you can spray it with perhaps worth a try or even the fire retardent in the material

just what i said too lol bed mites live in mattresses or sofa`s.steam cleaner kills them lol but there might be a spray you can use

Original Poster Banned

SpecialK

just what i said too lol bed mites live in mattresses or sofa`s.steam … just what i said too lol bed mites live in mattresses or sofa`s.steam cleaner kills them lol but there might be a spray you can use

its brand new, and if it has these then it aint me thats going to be sortng it out

sassie

its brand new, and if it has these then it aint me thats going to be … its brand new, and if it has these then it aint me thats going to be sortng it out

ring them and tell them you have reeived bites since it was delivered and you want it sorted or refunded or you will speak too trading standards and the local press lol.try the nicely approach first though lol

Original Poster Banned

SpecialK

ring them and tell them you have reeived bites since it was delivered and … ring them and tell them you have reeived bites since it was delivered and you want it sorted or refunded or you will speak too trading standards and the local press lol.try the nicely approach first though lol

well i am thinking on that as i really cant see it being just an allergy, as the lumps have a pin ***** hole in the middle, and although i know you can get allergie lumps i didnt think they had like a puncture hole, i have been googling all night but not getting very far:oops:

std mabye :giggle:

j/k

Original Poster Banned

harvie316

std mabye :giggle:j/k

I think if i have that i may have shown signs a wee while ago now:roll:

http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/bed_bug_bites.jpg

Do your bites look like that sas?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2399
      2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764160
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24101

See more discussions