Another Supermoon is coming - Once in a blue moon

Editor 9
Found 29th Jan
We had a 'Supermoon' right at the start of January and now we have one on the 31st, making this one a 'Blue moon' (Basically 2 full moons in one month) This offers anyone wanting some awesome photos, a really good chance to snap some up.

You should be able to eyeball it on Jan 31st into Feb 1st (Around 2am) A clear sky in the UK is a bit of a rarity but at least the window of opportunity is pretty good here. Usually when I take a photo of the moon on my phone, it's like a candle at the end of a toilet roll tube.

I do have a DSLR but could do with a better lens, although it does provide some great photos, I can't zoom anywhere near where i'd want to. It would also be cool to see what people manage to capture on their cameras or indeed phone, if you've got skills that I haven't

Your best bet for a decent picture will be away from light pollution, somewhere dark (not in the shed)

More info here

2885599.jpg
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
Blue moon. Stop it.. you will soon get deeky singing again.
9 Comments
cool moon
shabbird17 m ago

Been known to sing that after a few shandies as well

shabbird54 m ago

I bet you start singing and foot tapping
This song is more catchy..

m.youtube.com/wat…fmo
Edited by: "cowsindahouse" 29th Jan
.MUFC.45 m ago

Everyone knows the moon is red [Image]

Ah, those were the days. I actually think the red moon looks nicer. Much more striking than the colour it has taken on over the last few years.

33159964-dfm5l.jpg
Blue Moon
33160396-gJMDr.jpg

That's me,Wife and kids howling at the bloody thing all night again,Don't know why we do it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants